Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I love Stasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Kilazar posted:

What is the best way to buy singles without paying shipping 4 times? I need 4 pack rats, but no one has more than 1 or 2 on tcgplayer. I don't really want to be pinged for shipping two to four times.

I don't really have enough trade stuff to try trading on deckbox yet.

I PMd you.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Tharizdun posted:

Watch it be Strip Mine

That's already an FTV card.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I wouldn't call a $25 Judge foil "pretty cheap".

I would. $25 is nothing for how old the card is and how desirable it is for EDH.

If you're playing Magic and you feel like $25 is a significant amount to spend on a card you're only going to need one of, you may have chosen the wrong hobby.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Kilazar posted:

But those are really for people who want to spend bank right? I'm talking for a player thats not going to bankroll a deck just to stomp plebs at FNM.

When discussing a card's merit, dollar value is not usually a consideration. We're talking overall card quality, not budget quality. Specter isn't even a true budget card anymore.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

I've been playing murdergoats on MODO and it's awesome and fun as hell.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Suenteus Po posted:

Googling a tiny bit, the name is "Conspiracy", and it uses the same cipher code that Cogwork Librarian did. So, this should be trivial to decode.

Unfortunately this isn't a simple exchange cipher. This is something more complicated than the first one was.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

mcmagic posted:

This was always counter intuitive to me... Lets say my opponent plays a Gary and I Hero's downfall it, shouldn't it's ETB ability take place as it has to be on the battlefield in order to be a valid target for the downfall?

Like everything else, that ability uses the stack, and responding to it means your ability or spell resolves first. The drain life ability will still trigger, but if there's nothing on the battlefield, you have no devotion to black to speak of.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Calm down, guys. They aren't going to let you swap ownership of cards. Ever.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

I said aren't. I did not say haven't. Note that Jeweled Bird is an ante card, something that is no longer supported, either.

Geez.

EDIT: And Jeweled Bird doesn't even swap ownership of cards.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

quote:

There are sixty-five new cards in Conspiracy. Fifty-two of the new cards will be legal in Legacy and Vintage; thirteen cards will not.

I really wonder how this will be executed.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Elysiume posted:

Have they printed any new cards that aren't legal in legacy/vintage? Even cards that would do nothing (commander/planechase cards) are legal, because people just wouldn't use them.

Right, they would have to indicate on the card somehow that they aren't legal.

We might get thirteen silver bordered cards.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Zorak posted:

They've already indicated its black bordered.

Right, but unless they're going to simply add 13 card names to the banned list for Legacy and Vintage, they're going to make those cards distinct in some way.

Maybe they're just going to add 13 card names to the banned lists.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah, I think they'll just add them to the banned lists for Legacy and Vintage, because they didn't mention Commander at all; that means to me that they will be legal for EDH, so they can't have different borders.

Lame. I wanted this set to be like 1/5th Un-cards.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

This is a pretty cool video.

vvvv Don't tell anyone but that's my video shhhhh

Pussy Snorkel fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 15, 2014

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

I know there are few people on here who are into miscut cards. Someone at my local game store bought a Born of the Gods intro deck and got an entire deck of miscuts. Some weren't super interesting, but these were among the better ones. It looks like they are from the very bottom of the sheet.

I love cards that are on the bottom of the sheet like that. Would you sell or trade them? Did you pick these up from him, or are they still his? I'd be interested in the entire deck, really, but mostly these two.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

They're still in his possession, I think he's going to hang on to most of them. There's a special novelty of having Miscut Mistcutter Hydra.

Can you let him know I would pay handsomely for a miscut Mistcutter Hydra? Find out how much it would take to get him to let that go.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

tzirean posted:

They aren't quite the best miscuts I've ever seen, but I think I may actually prefer them to the below miscut because they have the random data there instead of another card.

I would promptly crack that out of that case and play it. Droooool.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

What Kirtar said. The card is normal sized, just miscut.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Actually I'm guessing they just wanted an equal number of male and female characters.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

Is anyone here in the western PA area? Specifically, near Midland? I'm here for a week for training and I have absolutely nothing to do. If you're around here and want to meet up for whatever format (except vintage because I'm not THAT rich,) or food or whatever, I have nothing but free time after 3 PM. I don't mind a little drive, like half an hour or so, but I'm not super interested in driving halfway back to Pittsburgh. Email (my name @ Gmail) is probably the best way to get a hold of me but I can check the forums and PMs when I get back to my hotel room.

And if it wasn't obvious from the above, I live not too far from Pittsburgh (around 40 minutes northish) so if anyone is in that area, I'm always looking for people to play with on my occasional day off from life. I usually play at the Mills mall but sometimes I'm at Nice Guys.

I live in Baltimore. Come on down for a visit!

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Kraus posted:

Yo judges, let me ask you a hypothetical question.

A card has the following text:

X cannot be countered.

If X would enter the battlefield and (insert some other condition here), instead X doesn't.

Would the game end at that point, since there's no way to clear the stack?

It would probably become exiled.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

It's a pretty clear cheat to me, might have been accidental but it's definitely a Drawing Extra Cards penalty.

It's not drawing extra cards, it's a game rule violation.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

I own a lot of expensive cards. But guess what? If the price of my expensive cards goes down, it means I can buy even MORE cards to play with!

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Literally The Worst posted:

It's not just "some" retailers though. It's literally any retailer who does a lot of business in singles. Screwing over the people who sell your product to other people is a real bad way for WotC to stay in business.

This is a hugely faulty argument. SCG is probably the largest retailer and most likely to take a massive hit from high profile reprints; they support abolishing the reserve list.

Obviously, SCG has a lot of room to fall and still survive, but a Mom and Pop place won't have enough single stock to make this an issue. If they do, and they aren't selling them as quickly as they buy them, they're doing it wrong. A store should be cycling through their stock, not holding onto it.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Literally The Worst posted:

NObody was happy with Modern Masters at all. Nobody.

Bullshit. Sources?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

Wait, you can have more than four copies of something in limited? Has that always been a thing?

Yeah, you can play as many as you draft or open. It's always been this way.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

The Wonder Weapon posted:

If you want to make ~your Magic experience~ look cool and unique without spending mortgage payments on JP foils then maybe read this http://blog.mtgprice.com/2014/02/19/affordable-luxury/

No word on miscuts, eh. I guess those aren't exactly budget friendly.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Those are neither cool looking nor budget friendly.

The latter is true but if you think they are not cool looking then you, sir, are no longer a good person.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

ScarletBrother posted:

Anyone know a good place to buy foreign language (Russian or Japanese) basic lands? The Wonder Weapon has me rethinking my Beta Basics.

I've been partner to several boxes of Russian sets opened if that tickles you right. PM me if you want to go that route.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Tharizdun posted:

I once saw a playset of identically-miscut Accumulated Knowledge for sale in a dealer's case for $600. Over 20% of the card was Seal of Fire. It was exactly the sort of thing that made me really glad I didn't have $600 to spend on wizard poker.

That's terribly overpriced for a card that doesn't see any play anymore, and when it was the nuts miscuts were still considered errors nobody wanted.

But yeah. Miscuts can get dumb. I have a $300-$500 Revised Plains and several $50 basics, nevermind the really crazy poo poo.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

MrBling posted:

People trying to call their crimped cards "miscuts" need to stop though. Those doesn't count when you can make them yourself.

Show me that you can copy the card crimping and I'll show you dollars. I'm serious. This takes expensive machinery and cannot be done by hand.

They're still not miscuts. They're a genre of their own.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Old frames > fake frames they jokingly suggested when they "announced" purple as a color > FUT frames > modern frames

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

taladel posted:

I can't find these, but are you referring to an issue of Inquest? Do you have an image?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Stinky Pit posted:

Those aren't fake though, some of those cards were printed.

Come on WAJ, you're the misprint and oddities guy around here you should know better!

Test prints :rolleyes:

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Inverse posted:

I bought out a collection from a coworker and karakas was among one of the cards, why is it worth so much? its banned in any format it could be useful in? (EDH)

It's a legacy staple.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

L0cke17 posted:

I wanted to do that, but bought fetches instead because I couldn't justify it just to look at.

It's not like prints are that expensive. You can afford both.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

L0cke17 posted:

I also wanted the bigger of the prints, which she wanted $100 for. I don't have a wall that is safe for pictures that I can put up something that small at the moment and still see it well. (I live in a terrible apartment while I finish my degree with 3 other roommates in a 2 bedroom apartment)

That's fair. Sorry about your walls.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Vengevine is going if anyone wants in.

Jumped on a GP set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Is this a good time to show off the really sweet stuff I acquired on Saturday at the Bazaar of Moxen Legacy Qualifier in PA?

• Locked thread