Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

I've always liked the Phantom creatures from Judgement. They're rather ordinary creatures, but they do a lot of different stuff and fit into all sorts of delightful combinations. As a casual player I really like this kind of versatility. The flavor is pretty cool as well. They're the spirits of nomads, centaurs and aven, with ties to the set and setting. They've even got their own interesting spirit-like mechanics, none of which involve 1/1 white Spirit tokens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

UberJew posted:

I cast dark ritual a lot when I played casually as a kid

Is there any particular reason why they cut back on using quotations from Shakespeare, Coleridge, Poe, Keats, Plato, even the New Testament and the Qu'ran, and so forth, as flavor text? It's a real shame. Most of the recent flavor text is either unattributed, or ascribed to a planeswalker or some similarly trite person from the storyline. I know I can't be the only one to still remember the flavor text on cards like Phantom Monster, Giant Strength and Winter Blast.

• Locked thread