Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Ah, 10th edition my favorite core set.

A full compliment of dual lands, cool legends, the original man lands, tons of good stuff.

The pain lands look gorgeous in the new frame with a black border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Hah, funny joke.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm just longing for a Lightning Angel reprint. I wonder if angels fit into KoT's flavor.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

mfcrocker posted:

(Flying, Vigilance, Haste)

Darn. This isn't the reprint of Lightning Angel I was looking for.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Uh, how can you say a 3/3 Flying, Vigilance, Haste for 3 should be at uncommon? That would be totally insane for limited.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Angry Grimace posted:

Maro's article says Tombstalker didn't get a reprint because Tarkir doesn't have non-cat demons. Instead they apparently replaced it with Necropolis Fiend, a different Delve non-cat Demon. :psyduck:

Maro explains in more detail on his Tumblr:

"What actually happened was at the time of the decision to remove Tombstalker there were zero demons. Then later in development Erik talked with the creative team about how we were a little low on iconics and the decision was made to add demons but no one at the time thought about the earlier decision to not do Tombstalker so it never got revisited."

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
How much play do you think Crackling Doom will see? It's my favorite card in Khans so far. I'm thinking of trying a Mardu control thing, which Hero's Downfall, Thoughtseize, Crackling Doom, Lightning Strike, maybe Banishing Light and End Hostilities. Keep things off the board until I can drop Elspeth or Sarkhan (or maybe Stormbreath Dragon).

The whole deck is really just an excuse to play Crackling Doom.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
You know, I've been steadfastly against joining MTGO all these years, but the thought of doing drafts with old, out of prints sets like that is a powerful lure.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Angry Grimace posted:

The Mardu Control deck Saito posted is crazy.

4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Temple of Malice
4 Nomad Outpost
2 Caves of Koilos
2 Battlefield Forge
2 Temple of Triumph
2 Temple of Silence
2 Mountain
2 Swamp
1 Plains
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

3 End Hostilities
3 Hero’s Downfall
3 Despise
4 Lightning Strike
3 Bile Blight
4 Mardu Charm
4 Read the Bones
3 Anger of the Gods
1 Empty the Pits

3 Elspeth, Sun’s Champion
3 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker

No Crackling Doom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Khans Limited actually a crap ton of removal, its just mostly pretty inefficient, but that doesn't matter for Limited. Throttle, Bring Low, Murderous Cut, Abzan Charm, Arc Lightning, Arrow Storm, Crackling Doom, Crater's Claws, Deap Drop, Crippling Chill (pseudo removal), Death Frenzy, Duneblast, End Hostilities, Icy Blast, Jeskai Charm, Kill Shot, Mardu Charm, Master the Way, Ride Down, Rite of the Serpent, Savage Punch, Smite the Monstrous, Utter End, Sultai Charm, Swift Kick, Temur Charm, Water Whirl, Windstorm, Winterflame.

• Locked thread