Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

50 pounds of bread posted:

I am soooooo dumb, I just realized the next block is going to be Sarkhan Vol's home plane.

What plane and how do you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Game Day report: lost round one 2-0 to BIOVISIONARY.

The other two rounds didnt go very well, but that was jaw dropping to lose to that strategy on like turn 5 each time.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Veyrall posted:

Can you go into more detail? I'd actually like to know what's with that deck.

UG control deck with a bunch of counters, fog and bounce. Omenspeaker to help dig, and the big play was Fated Infatuation targetting Artisan of Forms to make two Biovisionaries.

Edit: and Clone if need be.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

BXCX posted:

Just a reminder to everyone jonesing to be one of the lucky 3 that can pay their LGS $100 that this years FtV is Annihilation.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

EDIT EDIT: Oh, what the hell, let's just assume FtV: Annihilation includes Wasteland. :getin:

This would be amazing but isn't Wasteland on the reserve list?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Jorath posted:

The sorting discussion just came up on Facebook recently. I have an old library card catalog holding my collection.

http://imgur.com/BbDo18D

That's a great idea, but most card catalogs have those metal bars in the drawers to hold the cards. Did you remove them or just have the cards on top?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

How exactly do you structure an EDH tournament?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Toshimo posted:

4 man pods, usually.

How do you figure pairings? Seems like Swiss would be difficult.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Going back to something from what now seems like ages ago, a friend of mine (who doesn't play magic) just sent me this because he thought it as amusing, and it is:

I thought the small text at the bottom was a nice touch.

I'm honestly tempted to post a sign like this at my LGS but there's always a concern of hurting the feelings of our delicate flowers .

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Hey What a Judas, I hope your wallet is prepared to handle this sick miscut I just found!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

What a Judas posted:

Pffffffffshh that's off-center, buddy!

There's a sliver of green at the top, but yeah not exactly the most amazing thing. After going through almost 15,000 cards in this collection, I was a little excited to post that.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

That must be a family friendly atmosphere at your shop.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Attorney at Funk posted:

It doesn't even fit in the box!

Step 1... :v:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

CountFosco posted:

If a place pays out in store credit rather than lovely-rear end packs that you can't use to draft at the store that seems preferable.

What do you mean...they prize out booster packs but don't let you draft with them?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Mortimer posted:

I am now the proud owner of 60 Chancellor of the Dross.

My plan is to head to a LGS pretending to be a casual player wanting to test his kitchen table deck. I will find the greasiest grognard who looks like he will throw the biggest fit, and I will lay down 7 dross.

Good idea? Bad idea?

I must be missing something...why are you allowed to run more than 4?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Mortimer posted:

I'm not, I'd ask to test my casual deck because I haven't played magic in my life

and its a really dumb 20 dollar joke

Oh in that case I'm all for it

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Korak posted:

Poking around found some more art from people loosely affiliated with MTG. Commence the baseless speculation!

Argyle does a lot of art for L5R.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

So I still have a sealed box of Modern Masters. Should I sell it now before the bubble bursts, or ride it out and hope it continues to gain value?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Have they spoiled anything yet for the Modern Event Deck which comes out next month and costs $75?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

So...will it be worth the huge price tag?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Word is on twitter that stores are not getting more than "one case" of these event decks either, which is apparently four of them. So the people who are "losing value" are going to be unhappy and so is anyone who wants to buy one of these for less than $100/at all.

Well, neither of my distributors have put a cap on my pre-orders as far as I know, just that it has to be in multiples of 4. I'm sure it will get allocated, but it sounds like stores will definitely receive more than 4.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Quarterstaff Games in Burlington, VT has opened TWO God Packs now, one last night at a midnight prerelease from a NORMAL JOU BOOSTER :woop: and today from a seeded pack.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Man I couldn't email my distributors fast enough after seeing the Modern Event Deck. I had 12 displays (so 48 decks) pre-ordered with Alliance, but it's good because allocations were set today and I got cut down to 1 display. :v:

I'm OK with this.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

My Alliance rep said that they only received 7% of their pre-orders on the Modern Event Deck.

So don't worry about this thing tanking prices of the singles within, these will be more rare at LGS's than FTVs are.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Zoness posted:

Hi, I'm the thragtusk event deck. It makes me laugh that you're not aware of precedence.

CONTEXT

Dark Confidant was printed in a format where the previous decks were all playing high mana cards and relied on cards like Gifts, Kodama's Reach, etc to gain advantage or were just casting weird harvests to go off quickly. Hand in Hand was a deck that could reasonably play it but Zoo wasn't touching it. Cards like Lightning Bolt and Thoughtseize and Tarmogoyf didn't exist yet (in standard/extended) and extended was still dominated by Psychatog and Legacy was a format that was more about combos and less about mashing good stuff. Once again, no Goyf.

It's very much a beneficiary of the power creep of the game since its printing.

Not to mention it was in the same block as Electrolyze and Izzet Signet and in the same standard format as the Urza Lands, y'know, as a 1 toughness 2-drop (i.e. Electrolyze bait).

I still have 2 of the Thragtusk event deck. How the mighty have fallen... :negative:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

I'm heading out to Game Day in an attempt to win first prize.

Which is a Revised Underground Sea, second place gets an Asian Misty Rainforest.

But neither of those matter. The playmat will be mine. :getin:

Is this still a free-to-play tournament? :psyduck:

If so, is your LGS just the most generous place on Earth?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

If my local meta is any indication (:haw:), decks like 8-Rack are the only thing keeping UR Storm from dominating every tournament. :argh:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

As pumped as I am for a wedge block, they've said they like to space out multicolor sets way more. They aren't going to put one in as soon as RtR is rotated out. :(

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I may be late to the party...but what was with that flash of Elesh Norn in the Journey Into Nyx part of that Theros Block Reels video!?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Elesh Norn is an EDH superstar so that helps prop up her value.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

What can I realistically expect to get for a Russian foil Hallowed Fountain from Dissension signed by Rob Alexander?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I provided a selection of boosters at my shop in case anybody drafted a Lore Seeker. Out of 8 pods, only 2 hit one. The first pod drew (I had a handful of basic lands with set names Sharpied on) Modern Masters, which was very exciting. Though the rare was just a Blood Moon :v:

Second pod to crack a Lore Seeker pulled New Phyrexia. Must not have been very exciting because I didn't hear what they pulled, and I had to go back to the front to man the register.

Either way, this set seems fun as hell and everybody had a lot of fun. :)

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

AgentSythe posted:

Duck Faygo

Dirk Fandango

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Well I rolled into a Vintage Masters draft to play the Lotus Lottery, but I failed to get any value whatsoever. Let's hope my middling UG Madness can do something and get a pack or two...

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

The problem with UG Madness is that everyone is trying to do it so you can't find Arrogant Wurms or Basking Rootwallas.

I ended up with 1 Circular Logic, a Bouncer, 2 Rootwallas, a Wurm and 2 of that draw spell. Fingers crossed I can ride it to valuetown!

edit: Round 1 opponent has lost connection, looking good for a round 1 victory!

edit edit: I WIN! :dance:

Dr. Clockwork fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 14, 2014

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Maybe I'm missing something, but I won 2 packs from a draft and I want to hop into another but I can't buy packs from the store? What the hell?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Pack 1 foil Brago or Tundra. THIS ISN'T FAIR. :argh:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I drafted a really solid goblin deck and just ran into a loving wall round one against a b/w control deck loaded with Death's-Head Buzzards and Teroh's Faithful. Two of the most frustrating games of my life.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

And we're back! So how about that new M15 Ajani? :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

• Locked thread