Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
Morphling. it was definitely the card that got me thinking about the game more deeply than "turn fatties sideways". It didn't make the biggest splash in standard because of all of the dumb Urza block combos, but it was a huge staple in extended for most of the time I spent seriously playing Magic and really shaped how I view the game to this day.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

RIP damage on the stack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

It'll depend on which player's turn it is. Triggers will go on the stack in APNAP order, so if it's your turn you'll die before your extort trigger resolves.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

forbidden lesbian posted:

I could have sworn there was a printing where the Cost was RXY where Y was the number of targets but maybe that was another spell? Or I missed it in the list, that could have happened too.

Beatdown Box Set has the XY Fireball.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

While I don't think there's any chance storm would every run scry lands, that's not really true. UWR draw-go and UW Tron usually run the full playset of Celestial Colonnade, and Ad Nauseam has started running some scry lands. Jund used to run Raging Ravine too, though I have no idea if it's still staple.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

I wasn't arguing that scry lands are anywhere near as good as the Worldwake manlands, because they obviously aren't. I'm just saying that a blanket statement of "Modern is way too fast for lands that come into play tapped." isn't completely true.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

Went 4-1 with a really mediocre GB deck for a top 8 split, I had some good heroic guys, but no good enablers, I didn't have a single green monstrous guy, didn't open a single playable rare outside of the GB temple and the promo Heroes' Bane. A single Golden Hind and two Renowned Weaver were probably the MVPs. Maindeck Consign to Dust lead to some big blowouts. Between my pool and my prize packs I opened 3 Temples, a Nykthos and a Mana Confluence, so I suppose I made out pretty well.

There were some silly pools going around, someone opened two Iroas and every good card you could ask for in W and R, and someone had two Heroes' Bane and a Polukranos.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

These free events finally pushed me into signing up for MTGO. I'm only going to play pauper and draft every now and then, because I'm way too broke to be buying the same cards twice, but it seems pretty much guaranteed I'll make my :10bux: back off the free events.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

Neat, I made 17 tickets off the free events today, and I still have a draft set of Shadowmoor/Eventide left. Pauper Stompy here I come!

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

field balm posted:

Do you guys think a pauper only thread would get enough use? It's my favourite format, I'm sure the same goes for other people too.
I just got into MTGO, and I've been playing a ton of pauper. I'd be super interested in a thread.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

German Hammer of Purphoros makes 3/3 Golem-verzauberungsartefaktkreaturspielstein.

Rollie the Guar fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 21, 2014

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

But why is MTGGoldfish showing only BNG decks winning dailys? I don't play MTGO really, but thought that it would be recording the current block meta from it?

I see Journey cards in plenty of the posted decks? One of the decks that went in the last posted daily 4-0 has a Feast of Dreams and Agent of Erebos in the SB. Another has Eidolon of Blossons, Brain Maggot, Banishing Light and Silence the Believers. Silence the Believers on the 16th, and so on and so forth.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

Didn't drop a single game in 5 rounds on the way to a top 8 split with a GR deck with Chandra, the green promo and a pile of 2 and 3 mana 2/1s and 2/2s. My removal suite was a single Lightning Strike and one Cone of Flame, which is pretty absurd in this format.

Rollie the Guar fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 13, 2014

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

There's Miren, the Moaning Well. That's it in Modern.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

They'll have decklists for you to fill out there, and they'll almost always be collected during play in round 1. If you know what list you're going to play, it'll make your life a lot easier to fill one out before you go, though.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

It will copy an unanimated Sarkhan, and have 0 loyalty counters and die the next time SBEs are checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

Algid posted:

No, the remainder text says that he's not a planeswalker while he's a dragon. If the had both types at the same time than yeah it would die due to lack of counters, but he doesn't work like gideon.

edit: I don't get why you would particularly want this interaction though one of them still blows up due to the legendary rule.

That's just not right. Copy effects always reflect the card they're copying as printed, and never care about auras, equipment, spells or effects which are currently effecting what you decided to copy. It's the same reason why having Clone copy an animated land will just get you a land. This is specifically because copy effects apply in layer 1, long before Sarkhan's type-changing effect, which applies in layer 4.

• Locked thread