Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

One day I shall return to your side.
So, I just got into this game, and I have to say I love playing red/red-black. I went 2-1 at my last FNM. Now I'm just saddened that all these cool RTR cards are rotating out. :(

Also, I just got a Goblin Rabblemaster and is he any good/will he be good when Khans of Tarkir comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

That's the fun no one knows! (probably, he's pretty good)

Cool! I like the idea of playing with Goblins so hopefully I will be able to do that and still compete.

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

So I had a great time playing mono-white at FNM tonight. Went 3-1. That one loss is incredibly shameful though, because I lost to an 11 year old playing RDW. The same 11 year old handed me my rear end last week. :(

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

The shame part was a joke, he was a nice kid and I've just started playing magic. The fact that I won as much as I did was pretty surprising. But yeah, I congratulated him and made a few jokes about it. All in all a pretty great time.

Edit: Also we have a kid's tournament for younger players at my LGS, he's just been crushing the competition so hard he got moved into the adult's bracket, so I knew going in he was goo.d

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

So my friend told me that certain cards in the upcoming duel deck aren't going to be legal in standard? For example, I wouldn't be able to use Goblin Warchief in my red deck because he came out during Onslaught. And if my friend's correct, why is it the case?

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

How did everyone's FNM go? I went 2-2 with mono-white heroic, which is far better than I thought I would do.

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

If I wanted to get into EDH would Purphoros be a good starting commander? Or would I be immediately killed by everyone at the table?

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

I went 3-1 at FNM and then got blown the gently caress out playing Mardu. Upside though, I pulled empty the pits, which is a pretty cool card.

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

Trip report: Khans packs are freaking stupid. I chain pulled fetch land after fetch land, eventually getting a foil Flooded Strand and Sorin, Solemn Visitor. All in all, I opened over 100 packs just by trading in each fetch land I opened, starting with my FNM winnings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

L0cke17 posted:

So, you ended up with nothing because you lost all the value by trading in everything valuable and are left with a pile of junk?

I still have 2 of each fetchland, and I also had a lot of fun opening every pack in the store.

• Locked thread