Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Count Bleck posted:

There's a guy at one of my LCSs that has sleeves that are a picture of a sloth and they also read "Live slow, die whenever" :allears:

I bought a pack of these to use as draft sleeves. Funnily enough, my first 2 rounds of using them went to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Death Bot posted:

Thragtusk reprinted in M15

I threw up in my mouth a little. This would be The Worst Thing.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

What a Judas posted:

I'm absolutely serious but I live in Maryland, unfortunately.

I have a spare bedroom, though.
Maryland, you say. If you're around-ish the Annapolis area, let me know. I kind of have a penchant for organizing things.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Jorath posted:

The sorting discussion just came up on Facebook recently. I have an old library card catalog holding my collection.

http://imgur.com/BbDo18D
Where did you get this? We're looking to get basically the exact same thing, if maybe a bit smaller.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

What a Judas posted:

Xanadu used to be THE place to play chill but competitive Magic. That's not really the case anymore, but the guy who owns it and the dudes behind the counter are cool folk.

The best place to play is probably Games and Stuff. Brewport is fine for a small store (mostly Legacy and Vintage), The Family Game Store has a very, very casual environment and can be great for a more relaxing night, and Squabbles, Dropzone, and Titan (and I may be forgetting some) are all reasonable places with no special reason to choose one over the other.
A little late to the party, but if you want some seriously chill kinda small-shop style FNM or random weekend stuff (2HG EDH tourney this weekend), check out Chesapeake Sports Cards in Crofton. It's mine and Deckit's regular haunt. The people there are great, lots of support and help for newer/younger players. Our FNMs usually run 12-24 people, so it's a pretty small gig, but everyone basically knows everyone. You'll see the couple people with T1 Standard decks, but then someone brings Biovisionary or Simic Chromanticore or other random poo poo. FNM is almost always standard, but tonight's is Modern and the first FNM with release of a new set is draft.

TL;DR - Check out Chesapeake Sports Cards in Crofton.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Sorin Markov in edh is absolutely gently caress retarded and should be banned. That is all.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Posted without context.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Count Bleck posted:

THAT IS A REALLY GOOD 3 DROP THAT IS GOING IN MY NEKUSAR DECK!

Basically my first reaction to today's spoilers.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

O-ring could hit your own things, nu-O-ring only hits opponents' permanents. I think that's the change they made between Banisher Priest and Fiend Hunter, too.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Random question. I'm going to a competitive REL tourney tomorrow. Can I use my Unglued rock paper scissors cards for determining first, or does it have to be dice? Can I keep them in my deckbox?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Thanks for the replies! Hopefully I won't get the grumpus who demands die rolls. And yeah, I keep them in different sleeves, they're just worn enough to be marked ish on the backs.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

My first pack rare was Transcendence. :negative:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

C-Euro posted:

A couple months ago one of my coworkers told me that she played Magic, or at least used to a decade or so ago. She keeps telling me she has her decks to show me and I finally get around to doing so today, and she has two Rishadan Ports sitting in the middle of some 200-card UW monstrosity :stare: I told her I'd definitely be interested in looking at the rest of her collection, and helping her move stuff if she wants to (I gave her the TCGPlayer page for Port, in case you were worried about me ripping her off). Anyone have any good buried treasure stories from recent memory?

Curious about this too, I actually just bought a box and am trying to get some people together to play but I've only managed five total for now.
Found an old pre-modern multiplayer mill deck. 4 Planeshift Meddling Mage, 2 Mirari's Wake, a Serra's Sanctum, Island Sanctuarys, Howling Mines, Brain Freeze, bunch of Unglued lands. Dismantled it for trade-in loots for my EDH deck. Good times. Not quite the treasured find of two Ports, but still.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Have you guys seen the new card frame too? I can't believe they're changing it to this poo poo.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I hope this stream got recorded so I can watch it later. I would love to see it. :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Ramos posted:

As requested.
:cripes:

I love/hate this forum sometimes. Also requesting this in playmat size.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I finally found a high-res art for Drown in Sorrow and got that made into a playmat as soon as I found it. When I first saw the art for the card, I sent an email to Noah Bradley asking if he was going to release the art as a playmat to no response, so I don't feel too bad getting it. I love the art.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The Leylines deck got a deck tech, if anyone was interested. Looks like a hoot to play.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

A friend of mine is running a Junk Skybind deck with Chord of Calling, Eidolon of Blossoms, Courser of Kruphix, Sylvan Caryatid, one Heliod's Pilgrim, one or two Gift of Immortality, one or two Varolz, one Boon Satyr, two Hornet Queen, one Angel of Serenity, of course Thoughtseize and Banishing Light. I think there might be one or two other toolbox one-ofs to chord for. He beats up with it at FNM pretty well, but we don't have too many tier 1 builds on town. Still, it's pretty good and can grind out value like you wouldn't believe. Flickering away lands to get underworld connections and chained to the rocks has been good to him, and Varolz+Gift+ Skybind means he can get triggers during end steps to constantly mana screw people, and he assembles it more easily than you might think. It's a really fun deck with a lot of lines of play, and even if you don't get a combo going, the core of the deck is strong enough that it can still play a decent midrange creature game, with really good top end in Hornet Queen and Angel.

I'd love to see a full decklist if you can get it. This sounds a lot more interesting than the Wu soldiers I'm running.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

BizarroAzrael posted:

Five. And Liliana of the Veil.

I am trying to brew Blood Artist into modern, come up with some cute combos.

Hunted Tokens? Cheap and hilarious when it works.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Even if there aren't noncreature morphs in the set, they probably had to word it like that for eternal format reasons.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I cannot wait to draft this set. :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

L0cke17 posted:

That is so satisfying! All of that art should be ripped up. Keep Bob on Bob!

:allears: My boyfriend and I do this at our LGS with fnm and draft winnings. MTG Gore. It's fun watching everyone cringe. The only things of note we've ripped so far are two Garruk, Apex Predator and a Soul of Theros.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

As per our LGS norm, yesterday was solo prerelease and today is 2HG. We're considering going abzan/temur. Sharing only a single colour should offer more black-and-white choices for deckbuildibg I think, and they're both colours we'd like to play. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Pete Zah posted:

If I cast Savage Punch while I control Bloodfire Expert, the prowess effect should trigger, but does the Savage Punch become ferocious?

Also hilarious is Savage Punch with Dragon Style Twins. Turns it into a 6/6 double strike.

Went 2-0-1 drafting abzan at fnm. Would've been 3-0 if I had one more turn in round 2. I would just like to say that Swarm of Bloodflies into Duneblast with a cluttered board is my favourite thing.

• Locked thread