Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mulletstation posted:

Winter Orb, because I'm a huge dick.

Speaking of Orbs, this is my favorite card ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I thought those tooth and nail/gen wave decks were using nykthos to make tons of mana, but I don't know if the decks are any good.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Livingtrope posted:

While I agree with hating the guy with the pokemon doll, the other guy is trolling in real life and i can't help but respect that.

I honestly don't think hes trolling as he done for years, He really thinks he is helping his opponent. And yes its super tilting to play against him, hell its tilting just to play next to him.

RoleModel posted:

That's Adrian Sullivan, the pro Magic player version of your grandpa that says "BACK IN MY DAY..."

This is best description I have ever seen, thank you.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I know some people here liked him (I really did not care for his coverage or his "news" show) but Reuben Bressler is streaming now. http://www.twitch.tv/moxreuby

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Applebees posted:

Bunch of card fixes for Magic Online, New Player Event changes, and a bunch of old formats pruned.

Magic Online Announcements February 11, 2014

quote:

Fixed: Spells targetting Kaervek's Torch now correctly cost an additional 2 colorless mana.

Thats been an issue for at least a year, probably closer to two years IIRC. About loving time.

quote:

During the February 12 downtime, the following formats will be retired:
Mercadian Masques Block Constructed
I'm sure Cuneo is pissed.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

knowonecanknow posted:

Got a question I'm hoping to get resolved. If I play a Gray Merchant of Asphodel is there any way for my opponent to block the damage done by the card as it enters the battlefield, can you cast an instant against it before it finishes "entering the battlefield"?

Total devotion is checked once gary enters the battlefield. If gary gets ultimate priced while the trigger is on the stack and you have no other devotion to black the trigger then resolves and drains for zero.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Oh mtgo, you so crazy.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Bread Set Jettison posted:

hahaha why did this happen?

The last round of the draft started, Nummy had the high life total and the prompt showed up to set his life total. I don't know if it crashed on him or he closed it but it dropped him from the event and marked the game at 0-2-1.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

vOv posted:

"Target player's life total can't change this turn." would be neat, I think.

Angel's Grace is pretty close.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Mtgo suckage part 2.

Thats a really small goyf.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

bhsman posted:

To an extent, I agree, but the old art looked weird.

It does, but having the FS frame made things a lot easier. FS frame + MM art would be great.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

qbert posted:

U/W Standard decks started running a full play set in the sideboard.

And its starting to see a little more play in modern with spike feeder.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Ragnar34 posted:

Tokens have the same rarity as the card they were printed for, don't they? Like, saprolings are common, but Voice is rare?

Yes the tokens are of the same rarity as the card that makes them. Voice is a mythic so the voice elemental token is rarer than say a Grove of Guardian elemental.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Attorney at Funk posted:

Lion's Eye Diamond is on the Reserved List, I think, so it won't be appearing in paper. They could definitely put that in Vintage Masters, though. Isn't LED like the most expensive card on MTGO?

Most expensive by far.

121/128 for promo and non promo force and 169 for LED at mtgotraders.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I really don't like new frame artifacts vs the old frame ones. Artifacts are brown, not silver.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

LordSaturn posted:

He was involved with waking up Nicol Bolas, and gave up his spark thousands of years ago to fix a time rift.

But as Mr. Time, there's no reason to suspect that he could possibly die of old age. Also, I want him as the main blue planeswalker so the M:tG movie can star Samuel L. Jackson.

I thought he gave up his spark during/right after timespiral which wasn't thousands of years ago in the mtg timeline.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

jassi007 posted:

Its time for best non-full art basics!

Swamp and Island, no contest ladys and gents.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

gently caress you style guide.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Nice Grizzlebees show and tell opponent.

http://www.twitch.tv/oarsman79

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

What a Judas posted:

Sorry, but he's right. Let's not promote the sleazy slut alters.

These are my favorite alters I've acquired in the last few years. Especially the last one. Does anyone know why that last one is the most important one?

Jackie Lee did it.

Which I did not remember until I had to look up the Gatheringmagic.com page it was on.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Semi :nws: but Rebecca Guay has a kickstarter for her art book. It is already funded, but there is less than a month to go on it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1360132117/evolution-the-art-of-rebecca-guay-1993-2014

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

qbert posted:

Hmm, I wonder if there are any instant speed Agoraphobia effects in Standard right now. I want to troll my opponent using Xenagod on his Mutavault.

Downsize is in RTR along with Beastmaster, but nobody remembers it.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

qbert posted:

What kind of crazy mana base supports that? GW into BB into a BW into triple-W. Godspeed to that dude.

No decklist, but the first match here is junk reanimator which sounds a lot like what C-euro is describing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pEe5kCzuPk

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

True Kabanaw. Is they guy able to crack the box? I'm curious about what numbers of the money cards they include. The blurb at the back mentions disruption. IoK or Thoughseize? 1 or 2 or 4 marsh flats, etc.

He said he saw it at an event (probably Richmond) in a case.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

En Fuego posted:

With Pod and fetches, do you think it's possible to make an Esper hater-ade deck with Archive Traps, Glimpse the Unthinkable and Shadow of a Doubt as a shell?

Snappys and Aven Mindsensors?

I dunno, just trying to think of a fun hate deck.

Yes.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1185855

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1169511

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

BJPaskoff posted:

Already? Or are you thinking of a similar situation from a while back?

Helene Bergeot knows about it so its probably coming soon. And that was Dr. 8sides or something like that wasn't it?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Cozz posted:

According to today's Uncharted Realms on the mothership, apparently something happens to Garruk (unless this is referencing Innistrad)

Most likely Innistrad. Heck it even directly referenced it and Zendikar.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Sab669 posted:

Hey, so, I'm looking to get back into MTG. I haven't played since Zendikar, and I can't seem to find much info on the state of the current block. Is Standard going to cycle soon? Wouldn't want to jump into it and then have my Standard deck be invalidated in a month :)

Found this list but I don't know when the next set comes out (I guess May 2nd?) and what will be removed when the next block comes.

When the big fall set comes out all of RTR block will rotate out along with M14. Theros block and m15 (out this summer) will be around till the next big fall set comes out.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mortimer posted:

I'm upset they haven't printed ways to absolutely abuse enchantments, nor any really good enchantments in general this block. I just want "return target enchantment to the battlefield" or something. Come on wizards I know you want to let me play chromaticore in monowhite.

Other than the occasional god are there any enchantments from Theros that are played?

Nighthowler in the b/g graveyard deck, the god weapons see some play (do the red decks play hammer anymore?), Boon Satyr saw some play, and doesn't Chained to the Rock see some as well? The point is good one, for an enchantment set very few of the non gods are seeing any play out of limited.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The Black Friday after RTR came out I saw no less than 4 boxes get pack wared during FNM.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

En Fuego posted:

Looks like 'CrackGate' has concluded with a suspension. 18 months!

Here's Helen's announcement:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/news/20140314

Here's the updated list, which I liked better when they listed reasons:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/suspended

Good.

Isn't that guy a TO/judge? Sounds like he screwed his shop over royally.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Shardless Agent is fantastic addition to Aluren and I am glad to see the deck win.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Korak posted:

What round + record was the Aluren player? Cedric was joking about playing it this weekend but I opted for Painter combo.

As of round 6 he was 5-0 and then beat jund, and he is on camera right now in round 7 and is against a bug delver deck right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/scglive

e - cabAl therapy, not cabel therapy Shrout

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 17, 2014

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Bonus posted:

does anyone have the list for the mono blue delver deck that weird-looking kid was playing?

I saw that he did a deck tech, but it doesnt look like it is up yet. The coverage team said that the Aluren player also did a deck tech as well.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Another slugfest on the scg stream. Paul Rietzel with D&T beats punishing jund on turn 3 of turns in a really good match.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

JerryLee posted:

Wasn't U/B control a thing during Delver standard? I specifically remember PV playing it at a couple of Grand Prix. These memories are before AVR, though, so if you're talking about super Delver with Resto Angel, then yeah I can see it not being a thing anymore.

I remember that U/B was the control deck before Caw first came together. It was kills spells, counters, 1-2 grave titans, 3-4 sea gate oracles, and Jaces.

And looking through the tcgplayer deck listings for Grave Titan, it saw play in Solar Flare decks, and a bunch of Esper/Grixis control decks. It has this deck as well, http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1033212 but I cant really remember a u/b deck tearing it up when delver was first starting up.

e - I guess it was a thing after all. Tcgplayer isn't going back far enough, that why I couldn't find it.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 25, 2014

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Chorocojo posted:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg_daily_other_032542014_aprilphools

Wizards is doing a bunch of grabbag set phantom sealed events for April 1 with Odyssey block packs as prizes.

For those that don't feel like clicking all the links at the bottom:

quote:

Heavy Metal

Urza's Saga
Urza's Legacy
Mirrodin
Darksteel
Fifth Dawn
Scars of Mirrodin
Mirrodin Besieged
New Phyrexia

The Weatherlight Saga
Weatherlight
Invasion
Planeshift
Apocalypse
Mercadian Masques Block pack
Tempest
Stronghold
Exodus

Wooo Berg!

Ravnica: City of Guilds
Guildpact
Dissension
Return to Ravnica
Gatecrash
Dragon's Maze
Shadowmoor
Eventide

Core Crazy
Magic 2014
Magic 2013
Magic 2012
Magic 2011
Magic 2010
Magic Tenth Edition
Magic Ninth Edition
Magic Eighth Edition

Tribal
Lorwyn
Morningtide
Onslaught
Legions
Scourge
Innistrad
Dark Ascension
Avacyn Restored

Erik Lauer Experience
Magic 2010
Magic 2011
Mirrodin Besieged
Innistrad
Return to Ravnica
Theros
Modern Masters
Modern Masters

Cycling Time!

Onslaught
Legions
Scourge
Urza's Legacy
Urza's Saga
Shards of Alara
Conflux
Alara Reborn

Sliver Farm
Magic 2014
Magic 2014
Tempest
Stronghold
Exodus
Time Spiral
Planar Chaos
Future Sight

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Count Bleck posted:

Isn't there a Wrath, but for Artifacts in one of those sets..?

Also I'm pretty excited to play All Ravnica (plus Shadowmoor and Eventide..?) again!

Was there anything worth big bucks in Odyssey Block?

Entomb, Burning Wish, Cabal therapy, and Genesis are all over 10 bucks on http://mtg.dawnglare.com/?p=viz Mtgo prices are probably somewhat the same. Cabal Coffers, Ichorid, Mirari's Wake and Cunning Wish are all decent for money as well.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I will always love the Ice Age Dark Ritual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

CountFosco posted:

I'm curious now if there are any boston goons ITT. I'm wondering what the best places on the north shore are to draft, specifically. I'm used to drafting up in New Hampshire but I don't want to drive that far anymore. If a place pays out in store credit rather than lovely-rear end packs that you can't use to draft at the store that seems preferable.

I know Rinski and Jackie Lee are out of Boston, but it doesn't look like they have been posting that much recently.

• Locked thread