Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I like Brainstorm.

Also Birthing Pod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Im sure this has been asked before, but when do devotion checks occur? If someone has a BTE and other junk out, and they tap nykthos for devotion based mana, and I then shock the BTE in response to that, what happens? Do they lose out on the mana or is the check done when they activate nykthos?

Devotion is checked on resolution, but Nykthos is a mana ability so it would resolve immediately so you couldn't shock BTE out from under it.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
That's true. I was thinking in the context of Nykthos.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Why are Elspeth's arms different lengths?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

vOv posted:

Equip a Nightmare Lash a bunch of times to a creature with a Livewire Lash on it for Lash tribal! Do something with untapping Phyrexian Colossus 12 times!

Livewire triggers on spells only although Lash tribal sounds like a fun deck so I'm down with this.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

RIP lashdraft.dec from triple Mirrodin draft

Lashwrithe
Lash of the Whip
Heartlash Cinder
Counterlash
and of course Korlash

e: Lashknife and Lashknife Barrier of course!!!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

vOv posted:

Oh gently caress Emrakul's A Planeswalker

Planeswalker - Emrakul

+2: Target player sacrifices all permanents they control.
-10: All other players lose the game.
-20: All other players in the same building lose the game.

I'm getting a vision of two vintage decks, one going Lotus, Healing Leaves, Channel, OFEAP, -10 it, the other pitching a Simian Spirit Guide to bolt in response.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Pyroclasm and Mortars don't kill Master because protection blocks damage from a red source, not because of targeting.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Entropic posted:

It does, but I have no idea if 3-mana sorcery-speed removal is good enough for legacy even if it targets without actually targeting to get around protection and hexproof.

It's hilarious in multiplayer though. Read it carefully -- no one can vote for a permanent you control, and if there's a tie both things get exiled. So if each of your opponents votes for something different, you can exile up to one permanent per player.

Oblivion Ring/D-Sphere already get played in legacy, as does Vindicate, this easily replaces ring at least since this also has the upside of being immune to Abrupt Decay and being Snapcasterable. Vindicate targets lands, so it's not a strict upgrade there but seems worth it to me. D-Sphere can 2-for-1 without playing an opponent who doesn't read cards, though.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Lands that run the Kessel spice mines. Moruth Doole lands.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Hopping Ghost posted:

Also, very little in Legacy feels worse than having your Abrupt Decay Misdirected.

For some reason whenever I see the new art, I can't help but see David Schwimmer.

Having your Hymn Misdirected!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
The Source thread's OP indicates that he named Nic Fit after the Sonic Youth song since he was listening to it when he named the deck.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Elyv posted:

newly spoiled card, it's kind of cute

Chord for this to block, then next turn use the bugs to Chord again!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I want to confirm an interaction that I think I have right. If I use Snapcaster to give a Delve spell flashback, can I still exile stuff from my yard to pay the cost? My logic is Delve isn't an alternate cost but instead an alternate way of paying the real cost, so whatever the cost of the spell ends up being I can exile cards to pay 1 each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Cool, thanks! I figured I couldn't do the spell itself because it wouldn't be in the yard at resolution, but I wasn't sure if I was correct on paying.

My prerelease story is I went Temur, built 5 color control, and scrubbed out 1-3. None of those losses were because I didn't have the correct colored mana to cast my spells though, so I'm calling it a moral victory. I think I needed some better filtering because I kept hitting land pockets and not finding action. I had a couple Wild Guess 2.0 that I could probably have made room for, as well as a set of the Temur bounce-and-loot that I was boarding in vs Abzan decks to reset their outlast guys. Got two fetches though so I paid for my prerelease :I

• Locked thread