Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

poo poo, writing the backend in Whitespace finally comes to bite me in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

These are all things that are hard, but also pointers in themselves are hard. The extra layer of indirection, and understanding when to use * and &, take most people some work to grasp.

Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion that * meaning both dereference and pointer type brings just enough confusion to trip some people up.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

prom candy posted:

Since we're talking about moving around, anyone done the move to Latin America while working remote thing? I've vacationed in Mexico City a couple times and I would love to spend a year or two there. It meets my conditions of good weather + good food + not USA.

You should probably start by looking at what work visa you need to stay at country x (try narrowing it down to less than 1 continent), then check if your employer allows for remote work from target country, or look into contracting if they don't.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

There are a bunch of Euro countries that have opted out of DST too, right? I know it's becoming less and less common.

I wouldn't call Russia, Belarus and Iceland 'a bunch'.