Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Looking for advice on a career transition into a data analyst / business intelligence position. Not sure where to start and looking for resources on what's required - I know on a technical level these jobs rely heavily on SQL and (maybe?) some knowledge of scripting languages (python). Any advice appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
It's not for myself, asking for a friend - they're coming from a completely non technical position (office admin stuff).

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
It's been a long time since I've done an interview, and in my current company I got promoted from senior SWE to an EM role, which I'm enjoying. I'm not actively looking for another job, but I want to get back in interviewing shape by the end of next year if my salary doesn't budge. Do I need to pick up CTCI / leetcode again :/ Or is algo stuff not usually expected in EM/managerial role interviews

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Anyone have a good resource for system design interview prep?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Thanks everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

even like, the rest of east asia is materially better than singapore lol

In what way?