Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bojack Srcmain
Apr 22, 2024
For my team, complexity comes from operating at varying degrees within our IdP. Pre-auth, during-auth, and post-auth are all things we build features around. We have tons of data points that we fetch in a request flow based on network info, a policy configuration, the IP address, user's behavior, tons of things. Thus the complexity comes in a few pieces: how do we feed these points into a system and decision on them, where do we allow varying degrees of configuration based on what clients what, and at what point/in what factors, contexts, etc do we support enforcement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bojack Srcmain
Apr 22, 2024
Yep. Part of why for a team like mine the knowledge solo "system architect" is untouchable here but also a glaring issue for upwards of 15 people and oodles of money.

Bojack Srcmain
Apr 22, 2024
What's a solid number of engineers to have under you as a TL whose focus is primarily writing tech designs, reviewing product docs, planning rollouts, and doing code reviews? At 5 I'm feeling a little bit spread thin as there's a near constant barrage of incoming support tickets and questions as well.

Bojack Srcmain
Apr 22, 2024
Definitely something I've called out to my boss. We're aware of this, but also I'm getting a new boss soon (as in new to the company). Part of the reason isn't comfort or desire but the fact that I'm a knowledge silo in 2-3 areas that my team owns. We're working on transitioning but it's going to take time. Ideally I'd like to hand off some of the program/product management and do primarily tech designs, code reviews, and broader PoCs for new features and functionality. I'd love to not be a regular Monolith committer.