Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

down with slavery posted:

Either way, I'd still stand by the statement that if you're not getting equity (there are a lot of ways to do this) you're getting screwed.

I work in an industry where pretty much noone gets an equity stake, and have no idea exactly how equity stakes work in the world of startups. Is there some good article out there explaining it, for example, how much equity developers really get at various stages of funding, how people negotiate this when they are looking for a new job, how it varies by developer position, and what these shares tend to be worth in the long run?

I've long been thinking about leaving my industry for one of the tons of startups since I'm lucky enough to live in a tech hub, but know absolutely nothing about how compensation works on that side of the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU