Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

At the last company I worked at, stack ranking referred to simply ordering everyone else on your team by the impact of their contributions. A lot of people found it to be uncomfortable, even though there was apparently no percentage-based cutoff that qualified you as a bad employee. AFAIK, it only really came into play when people were frequently ranked above or below people at other job levels e.g., a SWE V under a SWE IV, or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Jesus Christ. I'm looking to put six figures in savings this year after tax and meanwhile I feel like I'm living like a king. Leave the drat Bay Area

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

JawnV6 posted:

There is no truth. There is only narrative.

Apply this to every aspect of your life and prosper. Occasionally stare up into the night sky and be consumed by existential dread.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

my 0.02 is that all of the ex-alphabet folks i work with are significantly happier to not be working there any more.

can ya'll say more about this. everyone i have seen leave were either in a bad situation where they were failing to perform or failing to make career progress, or have been here long enough to be financially independent and can gently caress off to do another flying car startup or w/e. i don't really see how i can leave without taking a 50%+ paycut or going somewhere with an obviously shittier work environment.

e: idk what i'm really asking here it just seems like it's impossible to leave this company while i'm performing well

a slime fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 4, 2019