Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Forget about supporting tablets in v1 as well.

While Android can be painful to work with at times I have to disagree with this completely. If at all possible design for tablets first, use Fragments, and for the most part Android will handle the heavy lifting for you. Just use custom resource folders for particular width devices and it's actually quite a lot easier than supporting say, the 3.5"/4" iPhone (that is to say, extremely easy ). Basically if you follow Android design principles, you're going to have a good time.

The rest of the Android complaints I tend to agree with (though animation is fine if you are minSdkVersion=14) - but that's maybe because I've been forced to do mainly iOS only at my day job for ~2 years now :( but I do keep up with my Android team and things have improved drastically as far as community support/developer excitement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

I just heard from a trusted source that my team is likely to be reduced dramatically Friday unless a miracle occurs. I feel like assigning my entire team leetcode problems to prepare them for the worst case, but no idea how to handle taking care of these folks in a professional way.

Operations will likely continue with a skeleton crew for the foreseeable future (due to contractual obligations ~2 years) and I will (probably) still be on the team after Friday.

Anyone navigate something similar?

Also likely the severance package will be a joke, I am extremely frustrated.