Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
I really would love to leave my current company for a variety of reasons - but I keep running into work/life balance issues when researching other places. is 15 PTO days really the standard? I get 21 at my current job along with federal holidays. I'd basically be losing 9 days off a year. Also, there seems to be this expectation that 45 hours is a totally reasonable work week. I might work more than 40 hours 4 times a year.

Me: 10 years of experience, DC area (federal contractor), average salary. I don't hate my job but I'm really ready to move on.

I'm curious as to what kind of hours people here work and what their PTO situation is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
I know people regularly hit their PTO cap and they simply lose the PTO they continue to accrue. Time off, just vaporizing into thin air.

The only explanation I can think of is that their home life is miserable and they would rather work than be around their spouse/children.