Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sheamus is a world-class hoss

Trips is the oil upon which the PSP engine runs

Miz is a mark, and mark wrestlers are best wrestlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Damien Sandow spent 10 years in developmental without giving up, that's pretty impressive.

Wade Barrett got arrested for beating up a cop, that's cool.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hiroyoshi Tenzan has amazing hair.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Erick Rowan looks creepy enough in his goat mask I guess.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Bray Wyatt has significantly improved and had a good match w/ Daniel Bryan

Sheamus had a few okay matches with John Morrison

The Miz is a good interview when doing WWE media events

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Miz is a fantastic douchebag heel when he's allowed to be, and his face run probably wasn't his idea. I also have it on good authority that he's a total sweetheart in person.

Corey Graves has a neat looking submission finisher.

Although I still find him Bo-ring in the ring, Bo Dallas seriously won me over by embracing the hell out of his heel turn.

Brodus Clay had a fun match against CM Punk that one time after Punk called him out in a promo.

I don't normally like Ryback or Sheamus in the ring, but their Smackdown match was really fun and they have great ring chemistry. They should just feud and have fun hoss matches.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 10, 2014

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
The Big Show had a hell of a run with Jericho as his partner that gave us both good comedy segments and good matches.

Rey Mysterio dresses up like comic book characters for big ppv's which is cool.

Batista doesn't really injure people frequently, also one time he said some funny stuff about basketballs.

The American Wolves is a cool name for a team at least.

Kofi Kingston is guaranteed to do at least one interesting thing during the rumble every year.

ADR had a spectacular ladder match with Christian, and that awesome double turn match with Dolph, plus he ran over Santa.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Ric Flair's name is harder to spell than one might imagine from hearing it, good for him the wee trickster.

Randy Orton looks pretty good for a guy with so little hair and the RKO is a pretty incredible and flexible finisher.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Randy Orton still has one of the prettiest dropkicks in wrestling.

Michael Cole did some fantastic reporting on the OKC bombing before joining WWE.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Eva Marie has red hair. Red's a pretty nice color.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

R-Truth's suplex stunner is a really cool move.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
R-Truth has solved wrestling in that his entire moveset is finishers.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

R-Truth's suplex stunner is a really cool move.

Ryback's backpack stunner is also really cool

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Glamorama26 posted:

R-Truth has solved wrestling in that his entire moveset is finishers.

He's also maintained the exact same appearance and physique for years, so whatever he's doing to ward off the ravages of time is working wonders and he should start bottling and selling it to the rest of us.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tharizdun posted:

Michael Cole did some fantastic reporting on the OKC bombing before joining WWE.

Yeah, Cole was honestly a really good reporter before he came to WWE.

JTG once busted out a slingblade out of nowhere years ago and it looked amazing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Ryback is starting to tap into his real potential as a slightly goofy, possibly deranged but still incredibly dangerous heel. If he can ever learn how to work safely, I think he'll be a welcome sight on my television for years to come as something similar to Scott Steiner.

Antonio Cesaro is an all-star top of the line wrestler in terms of psychology, physical charisma and sheer ability to work. I thank god he got away from the character he was as US Champion, because I've hated that character since the 80s. If he can ever find a character that is actually good for him as opposed to the neutral effect his being a Real American is having, he could be a wrestling god.

Brock Lesnar is basically Hercules incarnate. He is a supreme physical specimen that only comes along once a generation, and he has worked hard to leverage those gifts into tremendous skill and prowess in multiple different sports, and I respect his abilities as an athlete. I have never once seen a bad match with him in it.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

Ryback is starting to tap into his real potential as a slightly goofy, possibly deranged but still incredibly dangerous heel. If he can ever learn how to work safely, I think he'll be a welcome sight on my television for years to come as something similar to Scott Steiner.

Antonio Cesaro is an all-star top of the line wrestler in terms of psychology, physical charisma and sheer ability to work. I thank god he got away from the character he was as US Champion, because I've hated that character since the 80s. If he can ever find a character that is actually good for him as opposed to the neutral effect his being a Real American is having, he could be a wrestling god.

Brock Lesnar is basically Hercules incarnate. He is a supreme physical specimen that only comes along once a generation, and he has worked hard to leverage those gifts into tremendous skill and prowess in multiple different sports, and I respect his abilities as an athlete. I have never once seen a bad match with him in it.

Wait, do you hate Lesnar and Cesaro?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Tharizdun posted:

Wait, do you hate Lesnar and Cesaro?

I hate Lesnar.

I dislike Cesaro's current persona because I think he can do a lot better with his talent.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I hate Lesnar.

Sanguinia posted:

I find these two statements incompatible. Do you hate him as a person?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

I find these two statements incompatible. Do you hate him as a person?

I'd honestly rather not go into this, because I have a feeling it won't end well because any time I've ever expressed my dislike for Brock Lesnar it's never ended well. Let's just stick to the fact that I have all the respect in the world for his ability.

I am allowed to dislike a wrestler even if he's a good wrestler I think. A lot of people have listed good wrestlers in this thread.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Big Show is really tall which is good if you wrestle.

Baptista has cool pyro.

Fandango was cool for a month.

Brodus had a cool heel turn promo in a pin stripe suit before disappearing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sidenote, I think this this thread is pretty cool, and I think I might get some extra longevity if it were expanded to include saying bad things about wrestlers you like.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ryback Rules

CombineThresher posted:

He's also maintained the exact same appearance and physique for years, so whatever he's doing to ward off the ravages of time is working wonders and he should start bottling and selling it to the rest of us.

steroids

oatgan fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 10, 2014

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Jeff Hardy is always looking for new ways to express himself. He enjoys creative hobbies like painting and making music, that is admirable.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I will say that if Jeff Hardy comes up with his own face paint designs and applies it himself, he's come up with some cool poo poo over the years.

I also really like old Hardy Boyz ladder/TLC matches with the Dudleys and/or E&C, and there were a few times in his WWE singles career where I legitimately rooted for him, like against the Undertaker and against Triple H. He also moved a lot of merchandise.

Really, he'd be a pretty good investment for a wrestling company if he wasn't such a habitual fuckup and had better mic skills.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Brie Bella seems nice in real life. She and Bryan actually make a pretty good couple. Plus she was rooting for the Seahawks during Super Bowl week (due to her relationship, but the gesture is still appreciated)

Nikki is related to Brie.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
Vince has put his body and dignity on the line for the benefit of his company several times, which is more than most CEOs can say.
R-Truth can go really fast for a guy in his 40s.
Curt Axel is great together with Ryback, they're like two bullies from a kids' show.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Pre-bloat, HHH had a good look and had some really cool offense.

Post-bloat, what Gavok said about HHH.

Brodus Clay looks neat and, hey, he tried with his stupid gimmick.

Great Khali's presence as a comedic entity outside of the ring is fantastic.

Kids love Santino, and sometimes he can pull out something that makes me mark out anyways.

Hornswoggle is a really cool dude and, hey, if the kids love him, he's there for a reason.

Billy Gunn has perfect chemistry with Road Dogg. Like, crazy perfect.

Curtis Axel tries like hell.

Sheamus can do some super rad hossing on occasion.

Kofi Kingston's Rumble spots are fantastic, and the dude is enthusiastic.

Ryback is growing on me and if it weren't for his whole "botch people into the hospital" thing I wouldn't be sure I could say I hate him.

I used to really like Wade Barrett :(

It is nuts how good R-Truth looks and moves for his age.

"Former five-star wrestler*-turned-rear end in a top hat-authority figure" is still a gimmick with legs, damnit, no matter what happened with the John Laurinaitis thing.

Tensai had some really cool matches in Japan, and he owns on commentary, and he's willing to be a goof.

Vladimir Kozlov had one helluva look.

Bob Sapp and Akebono are wonderful guest stars and can do some really fun spots. I guess I don't really "hate" them as much as I just kind of don't want to see them that much.

I like Low Ki's ring work when he's not recklessly endangering others for little to no reason.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Fandango was great at comedy promos as Johnny Curtis on NXT.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Curtis Axel is pretty solid in-ring and he does the Perfectplex (even if it's not a finisher, what the hell).

ADR is really good at telling a story in the ring, pity he's not that good at telling a story OUT of it.

Tamina is systematically transforming WWE into a joshi federation. Aksana is trying too.

HHH is a nice guy when he's on NXT.

Los Matadores have awesome Marvel 2 music and El Torito by their side. Also, a cool triple-team finisher.

Alex Riley has a good relationship with the Miz, and in the end what really matters are the friendships we make during our lifetime.

The JBL and Cole Show is funny and King got Ziggler's elbows over.

Dias fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 10, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JBL was not that great in the ring but holy poo poo could dude work a microphone. Also I marked out really hard at the brief APA reunion when Hornswoggle hired them.

His lariat looks extremely painful too.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Chris Benoit was a trailblazer for all future murderous bra wearing men

e: Wade Barrett has a cool voice, maybe he should try getting into voice acting because the wrestling thing isn't working out very well

Mystery Opponent fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 10, 2014

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Kevin Nash is one of the most gifted comedians to ever work in pro wrestling, and his work in the PCS was leaps and bounds above most wrestling comedy skits.

The Great Khali was incredible in that one WWE.com video where he shipped merchandise, and I could stand to see a whole lot more of that kind of video.

Michael Cole does an excellent job when he acts like a journalist rather than a commentator - his interviews with HHH and The Shield, his trip to Glenn Beck's offices, etc.

Rob Van Dam seems like he'd be a really chill guy to hang out with, and I feel like I could always trust him to supply the weed.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Batista is attempting to normalize skinny jeans as something men can wear while still looking tough, so good for him on that one.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Aksana is clearly the best shootfighter in the divas division, and she fit pretty well with Cesaro as his valet.

Despite being a collective age of 90 years old, the New Age Outlaws seem to be trying a decent amount in most of their matches during this run.

The Rock was my father's favourite wrestler and a large part of why the WWF was so successful in the late 1990s.

The Usos have a fantastic entrance and they seem to have a good connection with the fans in general. Jimmy Uso is married to Naomi, and she is a wonderful person.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Jonny Angel posted:

The Great Khali was incredible in that one WWE.com video where he shipped merchandise, and I could stand to see a whole lot more of that kind of video.

I don't think I know this one. Link?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Curtis Axel had a really cool father.

Chris Hero seems to just do whatever he enjoys most, and not many people can say that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Corey Graves seems to have a handle on his gimmick. Too bad that gimmick is CM Rockabilly.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick was a riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bobby Lashley sure stared at those cheeseburgers.

• Locked thread