Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
When I went to my first Smackdown taping in early 2011 there was a little girl in line who said her favorite wrestler was Kelly Kelly. I would grow to resent K2 but that was very sweet and I can see how the kids liked her.

The Bella Twins are making an effort to grow as wrestlers. Honestly it seems like most Divas improve eventually, they just start from the "as green as possible to be allowed in a non-backyard wrestling ring" position so it takes a while.

Nash's politicking kinda helped ruin WCW but I cannot hate him because the nWo segments where he and Scott Hall are clearly just goofing around on camera are loving hilarious. The man is doing what he loves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?

Angular Landbury posted:

Santino has the best entrance theme in wrestling.

It gets even better if you look up the English lyrics.

La Vittoria e Mia posted:

And the evil sun burns the world with its fire,
And the air and the light that last forever.

I reach my day, I hold the power,
Victory is mine, I bow to history,
I bow to everyone that has shown the way by sacrificing everything.

And the evil sun burns the world with its fire,
And the air and the light that last forever.

It is now my turn to write new history,
Victory is mine, I feel the sun burning the world with its fire,
And I see the light that lasts forever.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Christian is probably retiring soon, so that's good for him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Happyman posted:

It gets even better if you look up the English lyrics.

I like how that could easily be a Warrior promo. Just add "Ho Kogan" at the end of a few lines.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

My god, it does. "AND THE EVIL SUN BURNS THE WORLD WITH ITS FIRE, HO KOGAN"

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

MY FAMILY IS THE FAMILY THAT BREATHES ONLY THE AIR AND THE LIGHT THAT LAST FOREVER, HO KOGAN

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

MY FAMILY IS THE FAMILY THAT BREATHES ONLY THE AIR AND THE LIGHT THAT LAST FOREVER, HO KOGAN

BOW TO EVERYONE THAT HAS SHOWN THE WAY BY SACRIFICING EVERYTHING, HO KOGAN

AND YOU WILL SOON. BE CLOSE. TO PARTS. UNKNOWN.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

IT IS NOW MY TURN TO WRITE NEW HISTORY

(whispers)

ho

kogan.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Big Zeke used the torture rack as a finisher. I love the torture rack.

Mason Ryan seems to be really trying to improve in NXT.

Virgil finally standing up to the Million Dollar Man was an incredible moment.

Going back and watching old Lex Luger matches, the guy wasn't that bad. Lex had his fair share of awful matches but when he tried he was a solid performer.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!
If Luger hadn't gotten injured and had decided to consistently gave a gently caress throughout his career (and none of the other nasty stuff had happened to him that left him unable to perform), he'd have probably turned out to be about as good as Sting is: a solid performer who is capable of having passable-to-above-average matches with most people and really good matches with the right person. Pre-injury, still-giving-a-gently caress Luger was not at all awful and it's obvious why so many people pushed him to the moon: he looked fantastic and was a solid worker and they assumed he'd continue to improve. Welp... :smith:

Same goes for Warrior (though he probably wouldn't have turned out quite as good), only replace getting injured with "...if he'd ever given a single solitary poo poo about the business". Dude looked great, cut... erm, "entertaining" promos and had a ton of energy. He just stunk to high heavens in the ring and had no intention of getting any better since he was already getting main event money.

Sting is basically the high water mark for what a wrestler can become if he comes into the business with a good look but green as goose poo poo yet actually cares about the business and about having good matches and about learning to be better. I like Sting, so this isn't a nice thing about a wrestler I hate. It's just qualifying the previous two comments.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not a huge fan of Shawn Michaels as a person but he has the best entrance music ever and goddamn I love me some superkicks.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

Tammy Sytch was the most downloaded celebrity of 1997 or some poo poo so I guess that's probably pretty impressive or something. She was also romantically involved with an extremely good worker (insert your own joke here).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tammy was a pretty drat good heat magnet and manager. Yeah, a lot of her reaction and success was based on her being hot and not being ashamed to pander to the crowd and cameras and that can seem weak after a couple of decades of Sables, Torrie Wilsons, and Kelly Kellys but I always thought Tammy was an old school heel manager who just happened to also be the first smoking hot Diva.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I don't really remember her doing much heelish except for yelling at Louie Spicolli.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Wasn't it the Body Donna's entire gimmick that they'd insult how fat and out of shape everyone was? That sounds right.

Fang Blade Havoc
Jun 8, 2011

Luke what are you doing, stop that
Rey Mysterio's new tshirt looks pretty cool and I'd wanna wear it! And that 619 to Mark Henry on Smackdown this week was actually okay.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

Some of his other changes were dumb, but I kinda get where Bill Watts was going with top rope moves being illegal. It would give heels another way to heel it up, would have meant more when a face did it as an act of desperation and was really no more or less arbitrary than a lot of wrestling rules. It usually gets brought up as the prime example of what a dumb, out of touch hick he was, but there are way better examples (such as removing the ringside padding and having wrestlers bump on hard concrete to prove how much more manly than the WWF they were).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Occupy Japan posted:

Some of his other changes were dumb, but I kinda get where Bill Watts was going with top rope moves being illegal. It would give heels another way to heel it up, would have meant more when a face did it as an act of desperation and was really no more or less arbitrary than a lot of wrestling rules. It usually gets brought up as the prime example of what a dumb, out of touch hick he was, but there are way better examples (such as removing the ringside padding and having wrestlers bump on hard concrete to prove how much more manly than the WWF they were).

Yeah but they were having matches with people like Pillman, so he completely cut him off at the knees. So it was really going backward when high flyers were the future.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Occupy Japan posted:

Tammy Sytch was the most downloaded celebrity of 1997 or some poo poo so I guess that's probably pretty impressive or something. She was also romantically involved with an extremely good worker (insert your own joke here).

I admit Sunny was my first celebrity crush back when I discovered what I liked back when everyone at my middle school was going nuts over Sable who never did anything for me.

Batista is great when he has the motivation to perform which I always felt was his major drawback that he never personally addressed. If he fixed that or got coaching earlier on in his career we'd all be marking out like it was The Rock circa 2011 all over again.

The Great Khali is a great circus attraction

Jack Swagger put effort into his Real American gimmick back when it first started and I believed it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
miz makes my dad laugh when he sees him

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"Victory Road" is a cool name for an event.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Kevin Nash has beautiful hair.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tommy Dreamer probably has the world's most extensive collection of event-specific wrestling PPV t-shirts.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Grizzly Smith got his name by wrestling a bear, which is impressive.

(It took a really long time to figure out something nice to say about Grizzly Smith.)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Tato posted:

Tommy Dreamer probably has the world's most extensive collection of event-specific wrestling PPV t-shirts.

Tommy Dreamer is the ultimate blue-collar babyface, a lovable loser of the best kind. He looks like he just got off work at a factory or something.

I don't hate Tommy Dreamer, I just wanted to say that.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I'm pretty sure Miz is the type of guy who treats people/friends to dinner. Which is pretty cool i guess.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

I Before E posted:

Tommy Dreamer is the ultimate blue-collar babyface, a lovable loser of the best kind. He looks like he just got off work at a factory or something.

I don't hate Tommy Dreamer, I just wanted to say that.

Why anyone would hate Dreamer bewilders me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NickRoweFillea posted:

miz makes my dad laugh when he sees him

miz's dad makes me laugh when I see him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Miz seems to have strange moments of being legitimately entertaining, like somewhere deep down there is a pretty decent main eventer buried under the crap, but he got pushed too hard too early and now it's just a fleeting twinkle in his eye, never to be fully developed.

I kinda lost the train there for positive but I guess the nice thing is it's mainly the company's fault for the insane Mizamania push and stupid poo poo like that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Grizzly Smith got his name by wrestling a bear, which is impressive.

(It took a really long time to figure out something nice to say about Grizzly Smith.)

He probably molested that bear.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Occupy Japan posted:

His KC Youshoot is great, too. There is literally like a 20 minute segment where Nash just talks about wine. Dude is super into/knowledgeable about wine. He is just one dapper motherfucker.

I gotta watch this. Dude's an amazing talker even if he is full of poo poo basically 24/7.

Triple H probably smells really nice and takes a shower at least once every other day.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 18, 2014

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

sticklefifer posted:

miz's dad makes me laugh when I see him

Miz makes me puke when I see him wrestle, and that's easier than going on a diet.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Rowdy Roddy Piper hit Jimmy Snuka in the head with a coconut. He babbles incoherently in the ring which is comical in some ways.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
How can anyone hate Roddy Piper.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Maxwell Lord posted:

He also had an OJ style slow speed chase. That was mildly entertaining.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Viscera dry humping Matt Hardy during a Royal Rumble always makes me laugh. RIP King Mabel.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

On that same note, noted murderer Jimmy Snuka got hit in the head with a coconut one time and it was pretty funny.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Maxwell Lord posted:

They do not want the sunglasses. They also never watched his classic self written erotic fan-fiction staring himself film Hell Comes to Frogtown.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 19, 2014

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Hell Comes to Frogtown and it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Mike Graham....uhh....well...I'm....I'm sure he paid his bills on time or something.

• Locked thread