Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
This game is very dated and you need to install the modpack that makes everything green and lush (as the province of Morrowind is intended to appear, it's brown and volcanic because they couldn't make the graphics look good). It also has a mod that gives Vivec a voice since they forgot to give him one, and replaces Dagoth Ur's lame voice with a better, fan-made one. Without these mods, the game is literally unplayable in 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I know a lot of people complain that Morrowind is really dated and not really at all playable in this day and age, especially with stuff like Skyrim out, so I've been working on a large mod overhaul project that I'm calling Morrowind: Gold Edition. The goal is to make the game not only playable, but enjoyable, and simultaneously to keep all the story and lore of the original game intact. Here are a few screenshots and a video in case anyone's interested:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Hog Butcher posted:

please replace every candlestick in the game with a tiny glowing Yagrum Bagarn like the one on that table

Right now im working on something that I think a lot of Skyrim fans especially want, Everyone loves their mods which put Morrowind into Oblivion, or Morrowind into Skyrim engine, but im going to do the reverse,Im putting Skyrim into Morrowind's game. Morrowind construction set wouldnt load skyrim.esp so I have to build it from the ground up. Talk to the dragonborn in suran he will take you to skyrim. here is a teaser screen shot

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Mortimer posted:

I know youre joking skyrimguy but there is a team working on skyrim. "Home of the nords" is what it's called, they have some dumb release of a forested village out

Sounds like more typical Nexusmods trash. There's a reason my mod is called "Morrowind: Gold Edition" - it's high-quality, aims to keep the original game intact and is essentially the only Morrowind mod you need to enjoy the game.

Zeniel posted:

Surely someone has made a mod that turns every NPC in the game into Fargoth.
Not yet..

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Karl Rove posted:

It's a lot of fun, though I've realized that there aren't a lot of good 1H blunt weapons.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey guys, new Morrowind: Gold Edition patch preview is out. Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_3IWDlSWzA

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Doctor Epitaph posted:

So Sotha Sil is Nui and Almalexia is Satsuki? Mako is the Nerevarine?

what the gently caress happened to this thread

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
there was a cool guy in the games morrowind thread whos first playthrough he was using some abomination modpack,constantly complained about problems with its balance and mechanics, but refused to even think of playing the game vanilla because it was old and had 'bad game design'

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

SunAndSpring posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhdSOGlHjqc

Soon. By the end of next year, I'm expecting to see some good new poo poo.

this looks cool because it doesnt look like it replaces or messes with any of the games original content or art assets....

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
ya can watch this in the mean time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_3IWDlSWzA

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hey I'm starting up morrowind after beating everything in Skyrim. How should I have MW set up so I can make an easy transition because the controls are different and there's no quest markers.

dont make me throw up

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
It's been a while since I've been actively working on it, but I started improving Morrowind: Gold Edition again. For those who didn't see my previous posts a few months ago, M:GE is basically a modern mod-pack and bugfix-pack - I've been developing it with the intent of it being THE one mod to have installed while playing a new playthrough of Morrowind in 2014, for old or new players alike. There is lots of content which was cut from the final product that I have managed to restore to the game.

I've been fixing up little bugs here and there and I may put out a stable release soon for those of you who want to test it. Keep in mind there is still a lot of work to be done and there is not a whole lot of new content to sink your teeth into yet - it is still a very early version. However, here are the latest patch notes for those of you who are interested.

code:
Morrowind: Gold Edition

! New Feature: Ported the game world of TESV: Skyrim! For more information, seek out the Dragonborn in Suran.
! New Feature: The Bloodmoon is rising, and the Wild wolf of seyda neen has taken up residence in Seyda Neen.

GENERAL:
-An exploration music track which was cut from the final version has been restored to the game
-Revamped the character creation process to be a little more exciting
-Many tapestry textures cut from the final game have been restored
-A Bosmer task force was sent from Valenwood to investigate the disappearance of Tarhiel in the Bitter Coast

==Seyda Neen==
-A boat fast travel option has been added to Seyda Neen. Pazzer can take you to Hla Oad, if you wish to go.
-The Mages Guild has also opened up shop in Seyda Neen. Look for their representative behind Arrille's Tradehouse.
-Relocated Tel Fyr to a more convenient spot outside of Seyda Neen
-Dagoth Ur has moved into a new home in Seyda Neen
-Slightly buffed the starting Iron Dagger in the Census and Excise office
-Yagrum Bagarn has a special gift for the player in Sellus Gravius' office
-Fargoth put his hands on something that didn't belong to him
-The patrons of Arrille's Tradehouse should now be using their proper reagents
-Rithleen's house in Balmora has been restructured to accomodate her spell library

==Hla Oad==
-Hla Oad's rat population has increased

==Suran==
-The Dragonborn has arrived in Suran and can take the player to the Nord province of Skyrim.
-Desele's House of Earthly Delights has some new employees
-Tarhiel set up shop as a street merchant in Suran

==Balmora==
-An additional silt strider port has been added to Balmora to accomodate the hustle and bustle of the Third Era
-Irgola the Pawnbroker has moved his shop from Caldera to Balmora
-The Balmora Council Club has a few more patrons outside to liven up the atmosphere.
-Caius Cosades has been evicted by the Balmora landlords after trying to pay for rent in Skooma

==Caldera==
-An additional silt strider port has been added to Caldera to accomodate the hustle and bustle of the Third Era

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
His store is up and running, as for the fate of the task force - you'll have to wait until an official release to find out.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Here is a sneak peek of a new quest I'm working on for patch 0.4, which will be the first version of Morrowind: Gold Edition released to the public.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
No, it is a real mod that I'm working on and patch 0.4 is nearing completion. It is the first version of the mod that will be released in an official capacity.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

KoldPT posted:

I kind of feel like playing some Morrowind again, should I wait for open morrowind or the skyrim port or something?

Morrowind: Gold Edition 0.4 is slated to be released today or tomorrow. If you're going to start up a new Morrowind playthrough, you should probably have it installed. I'll post a link in this thread when it's up.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Good news, everyone - Morrowind: Gold Edition has been published on TESNexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43196/

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Well, that didn't take long:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Don't worry folks it's on 'speedyshare' for now http://www.speedyshare.com/9KTQf/Morrowind-Gold-Edition.zip

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Trustworthy posted:

Hold on there hoss... Name one instance of "Sithis" doing anything in a TES game that couldn't easily be attributed to Mephala hijinks or some common parlor trick.

I'm a firm believer that Sithis ain't nothin' and don't do poo poo, but if I'm being blind to something obvious please enlighten me.

it's padomay

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Padomay

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Morrowind gold edition 0.5 is out!! Seyda Neen completely overhauled. Every single interior cell is changed and many new cells have been added - take the swamp shanty town area for instance, which has been demolished to make room for the new, elite Argonian noble manor district. Here is a sneak teaser.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ehs9od3a5p9sduu

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
We're Back! A Dwemer's Story

The Dwarves are back, and this time they've got a mystery of their own: What happened to the once majestic, sprawling metal citadel of Deeplora? An earthquake has shook the Dunmer settlement of Balmora, and many parts and denizens of this ancient Dwemer city have resurfaced. Kagrum Bagrenac, apprentice craftsman and one of many living dwarves, has come out to survey the area, and has even started work on a third Numidium.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

This is actually a screenshot I took of Malbora, the latest settlement to appear in Morrowind: Gold Edition.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Sharmat posted:

I'm pretty nervous about using this because it says its a pack of hundreds of mods and there's no way they could do consistent quality and maintain faithfulness to the original game with all of those. I mean isn't there probably stupid poo poo like that mod that turns Balmora into a jungle in it?

If you want faithfulness to the original game your best bet is probably just to play vanilla, maybe with the official plugins, or little things like the book rotate mod. All the overhaul packs usually will include things like texture replacements that turn Morrowind super grassy/lush, the Better Heads mod which completely changes the look of every NPC's face in the game, or the worst offender in my opinion: the "better deities" (if you can call it that) mod where characters like Dagoth Ur, Vivec and Almalexia are remodeled to look different and someone recorded his own voice reading out the character's lines. I don't know who decided Dagoth Ur wasn't a good enough villain that they had to pitch shift his voice with special effects to make it tolerable

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

LaTex Fetish posted:

spend 20 hours reinstalling morrowind to have the correct mods

Morrowind.esm
Tribunal.esm
Bloodmoon.esm

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
morrowind gold edition 0.6 RELEASE https://www.mediafire.com/?6t4kdmz66q4jnp2

Changes:
-New city - visit Malbora next to Balmora, further down the Odai River, and visit tons of new lore-friendly and canon locations. Pay a visit to the Tribunal Cornerclub and talk to Sotha Sil - yes, he's still alive all along - or maybe take a trip to the Malbora Freak Show and see what they've got on show. Rumor has it that a dark secret lurks at the bottom of the Malbora Mages Guild, and an even darker secret lurks behind Josh Sawyer's House. As for shops and services, a Healer has finally been located - the only one in Vvardenfell - and has opened up shop in Malbora, and you can also check out the Khemist's Krazy Khemicals if you're in an experimental mood. For the artifact and rarity seekers, visit the Rare Books library across from the cornerclub - it houses the largest and most grandiose collection of rare books in all of Tamriel. There are lots of other knick knacks, interesting people, and special buildings for you to check out, so I don't want to spoil them all. But keep your eyes open - you don't want to miss out on a chance encounter with all 16 daedric princes!
-New city - The dwemer are back and this time they're bringing a third Numidium with them. Visit the ancient city of Deeplora, which has recently appeared in the middle of Balmora, causing a big ruckus. No one knows just why the dwemer appeared, or when they appeared, but if you feel like asking them, it's up to you - no one's going to stop you, certainly not Kagrum Bagrenac, who is much too busy and hard at work on the third Numidium.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah, that's why I have to upload it to mediafire instead

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
it includes all the other morrowind gold edition stuff so all of seyda neen is completely overhauled and there are little things scattered throughout suran, ald-ruhn, hla oad and caldera. Most of the balmora stuff is in malbora/deeplora but there are a few other things in the regular balmora areas. Here are some videos i'll repost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_3IWDlSWzA Arrille's Tradehouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5nPvDSV9c Balmora Council Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-8wzta0NHk Character Creation

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Speaking of Yagrum Bagarn, here is a new video I made showing off Deeplora and the Appearance of the Dwemer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEj9EwR6x8o

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Sharmat posted:

I do have a problem with the tables in the Redoran council house loading as giant yellow exclamation point boxes but otherwise it's pure gold

thats weird, i didn't touch those

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Also, here's a video of Josh Sawyer's House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfNpXJjBlnY

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Sharmat posted:

I never knew Josh Sawyer was such a fan of Crassius Curio.

Also I demand you post this in the Eternity thread.

I don't want to post in Games but i would love to hear rope kids opinion on the streets of laredo midi file that plays when you enter his house. Someone else post it

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah they were near useless in Skyrim. Bows for the bow kill cams for life, lets the epic ownage seep in as you headshot a guy from 7 miles away.

what?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Here https://www.mediafire.com/?6t4kdmz66q4jnp2

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Man Whore posted:

Much like TES this thread has fallen from lofty heights of the first couple dozen pages, this threads morrowind if you will, and has become boring and generic.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Had to waste 20 minutes CHIMing today cause BTB takes away creepers barter option and now creeper somehow sells the spell Resist Weapons 100%.

poo poo like this is why i made morrowind gold edition. its literally better in every way.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Ahhh my game has been improved with the mod pack. It was unplayable before but now im glad i can play the prequel to skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

Daedric tower shield owns

It was removed in Sippy's Gameplay Overhaul pack because the enchanting limit was too high for a heavy shield like that - it was deemed too overpowered. Instead you can enchant an Extravagant Belt to have the same effect.

*All Extravagant Belts in the game were removed and have been relocated to a small keg behind Dagoth Ur - it doesn't make sense that the Sharmat would like the Nerevarine have such easy access to potentially powerful items. I don't know what the Morrowind devs were thinking when they hosed this one up with the daedric tower shields, but Sippy's Overhaul Pack corrects this among many other issues.

• Locked thread