Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

tuluk posted:

You vaguely recall bethsoft's Terminator game SkyNET?.....daggerfall used the same engine as SkyNET and came out a year later.

Daggerfall had alot of interesting ideas but horrible implementation.
Most of the quests/towns outside of the main plot were procedurally generated.
The procedural generated content had less game breaking bugs than the dungeons/quests/NPCs created by bethsoft designers.
You haven't truly played Daggerfall until a skeleton gives you lycanthropy(Wereboar), or randomly clicking on a chain in a dungeon casts the levitate spell on your character.

tldr version: Live vicariously and watch a LP of daggerfall.

LethalFlailfist has a fun L.P. of Daggerfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

why did I just buy Skyrim on the Steam sale for £2.50, it's not even worth that

Are there any good mods for it other than Trainwiz's stuff and the obvious stuff like Deadly Dragons and SkyUI that I can find in ten seconds on Google? I trust this thread more than I trust the thread of people still actively and routinely playing Skyrim in TYOOL 2014

I would never try to do everything in this list, but its a nice thing to check out for ideas:

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Scandalous posted:

Vurt's Groundcover, as suggested earlier in the thread. My deal is this:

There's a tax collector and two kwama foragers under there somewhere.

If you're using MGSO, run it again and set the ground cover to 25% or something. The default is set way too high.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
bonzibuddy64 is a true artist, I say this with no irony.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

ForeverSmug posted:

A good mod would be for everybody to not have solsteheim dialogue options.

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42952

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Is there a way to remove the underwater blurriness? It annoys me. Turned the underwater shaders off in mgso so I think its just the base game filter.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

MindSet posted:

http://mw.yacoby.net/Tuts/IniTut/Initut.htm

you gotta change your morrowind.ini, look for [water]

totally worked, thank you.

new question.

I turned off Bitter Coast Sounds in data files because it annoyed me, but uh, nothing actually turned off. Still have the sounds. Still have the dragonflies. What gives?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

another way to streamline the quest would be to have Socucius there to witness it.

also, when Processus dies, he needs to ask you to take his ring to Thavere.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Sam Hall posted:

you know what gently caress people who use greater bonewalkers to guard their tombs, from now on whenever I see one of those assholes I'm emptying every urn in the joint and eating the loving cremains.

wait are you NOT supposed to raid tombs like some sort of hyperactive lara croft stuck in Egypt in the early 1900's?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
marksman gets to more solid ground around a skill of 50

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
if it was really important, the devs would have made the NPCs say this stuff out loud in a voice file.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
argonian shadowscale for life

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Abandon posted:

i searched every shop in balmora and suran and found 2 bargain restore strength potions. that wasnt even enough to restore my strength to normal

its cool i'll go to that tomb by the lake with the veloth shrine inside

steal from every outdoor crate in balmora, for some reason people just toss out restore attribute potions

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
so for anyone using MGSO, the Graphic Herbalism mod that's included in version 3 is out of date.

you can get the updated version here: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43140/

it lets you gather kwama eggs without having to do all the open/take all nonsense, works like the rest of the mod does, but with eggs

hooray eggs

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
make 100's of potions
player->coc Caldera
player->setstrength 500
player->setspeed 500
tcl

ain't got no time to be casually strolling to Creeper

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I stole the sword of white woe in my current game and only got 2,250 from Creeper for it, I was so confused.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
uh oh

not mine

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh015gHgkX0

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
That reminds me, sometimes my grass in MGSO is just hovering a foot or so off the ground. Any way to consistently fix that or is just the price I pay for having grass?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Pretty sure that's the tropical mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Buschmaki posted:

This is how Cyrodil was supposed to look. :(

The Elder Scrolls: Maryland

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Heavy Lobster posted:

I've been getting the urge to play some Morrowind lately but I don't know what kind of character I wanna be. I've done tanky knights to death, and pure mage is such a slow start without exploits, so suggest me a class.

Also if there are any cool armor mods let me know, I only really have MGSO and a few tweaks installed and I want dope hoods and stuff (maybe capes as well?).

Quorn Resource Integration is good for filling in some gaps in the armor - http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43269

My favorite setup is:

Stealth

Endurance
Luck

Spear
Destruction
Light Armor
Sneak
Security

Alteration
Illusion
Mysticism
Alchemy
Enchant

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Open Morrowind posted a status update today: https://openmw.org/2014/every-little-thing-she-does/

quote:

We’re in lock for version 0.32.0. That means that release candidate packages are being built for each platform and any bugs and other problems are cleaned up.

So what got in, last-minute? The most significant news is that the Light spell now works, creating light as it should. This in and of itself isn’t very exciting, but what is worth mentioning about it is that it was the last magic spell to be implemented. That’s right – all magic effects are in! This feature was the second oldest issue on the tracker (#47, right between Creature Animation and NPC Dialogue System – the newest issue is numbered #1857, just to give you an idea), marking another big leap in OpenMW’s completion.

In fact, feature-wise there isn’t all that much left. If we take our list of open features and filter out the editor jobs and everything post-1.0, we can see that this project has less than thirty features left to implement.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that 1.0 is right around the corner. There are over 200 issues to be worked through before that, after all. But those 200 issues are mostly bugs and if you’ve seen our last release video, you know that our development team has people on board that squish bugs with an impressive pace. (In fact, personally I am quite convinced that Scrawl in particular is secretly a robot.)

So when will 0.32.0 arrive? Very soon. The team is in the final stages of pushing the release out, so hang in there. Soon you’ll be wizarding like Myrddin.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Still can't steal the limeware platter, total bullshit. 3/10.

I haven't played with the graphics settings much since I don't have much experience with OpenMW, but I did notice it's only getting 50 FPS and seems stuttery compared to standard Morrowind where I'm getting 60-100 FPS.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Nah, I know it's alpha, just didn't know if there were any settings people knew of that could help anyway.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Geoff Zahn posted:

*opens a master level locked display case*

*finds yet another REPLICA glass sword*

*uninstalls Oblivion*

Oblivion nobles are weeaboos.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
the only real way to play morrowind is with a dwemers sexbot mod installed.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

GreatGreen posted:

Is there a mod that puts life bars and level numbers above NPC/enemy heads?

I could kill that Green. This game is ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Fister Roboto posted:

God that last blurb is so depressing. "What if we were this creative and innovative ALL THE TIME???"

that's a cry for help

• Locked thread