Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
altmer walk like this, and dunmer walk like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
morrowin: keeping daedroth locked in temple basements all day every day

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Elman posted:

do you usually resort to physical violence when you get mad at videogames

personally when i get mad at games i kick my dog and beat my wife

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
oblivion: so we know that the lore said cyrodiil was a jungle, well, now the lore says that tiber septim caused a dragon break and turned cyrodiil into middle earth.
teso: so the lore may say that cyrodiil was a jungle and the dragon break may have occurred after the time period in which our mmo takes place, but the book was written by a drunk who forgot how to spell "middle earth" and wrote "jungle" instead, and the whole tiber septim thing never happened.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

praise be

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

My Q-Face posted:

Of course, there are still Ascended sleepers and ash-monsters wandering Red Mountain after the Ghost Fence falls, so...

well it aint like they could suddenly be cured by the fall of house dagon and the end of the blight, mother fucker

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

gold

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

The Protagonist posted:

Actually now that I think about it I'm really confused about the playerchars whole relationship with the empire at the beginning of the game. Like, you're a prisoner? But then they release you to go do freelance work and report in (or don't lol) at your leisure to a washed out drug addict?

Empire runs a tight ship I tell ya

you pretty much fit the bill for the nerevar, but the thing is so did like 100 other people who all got smashed by dagoth ur. teh only problem with this plan is they probably let 900 other dudes go, who just hosed off into the wilderness

they're just throwing poo poo at vvardenfell's blight problem because their prisons are filling up and gently caress the dunmer lol

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Real Talk: If I grab morrowind again and play it will the graphics make me throw up and the mechanics play like poo poo compared to skyrim? I haven't played it in maybe 10 years and I suspect if I try to play it again all of my great memories will be destroyed.

1) no, they're bad but theyre not hitler bad
2) you will find yourself clicking a bunch but just buy restore fatigue potions and use a weapon that matches your skill set jesus!!
3) there is no active block [totally passive] but there is a mod for it

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Cantorsdust posted:

Kirkbride, their crazy alcoholic writer, left. And Oblivion actually sold better than Morrowind. And of course Skyrim sold even better. So I wouldn't expect them to ever return to Morrowind's exotic style when the market has taught them that they can just keep pushing bland crap. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll farm an Elder Scrolls game out to Obsidian again?

if they won't hire him to write they should at least hire him as a concept artist because he's really good at that too

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
it would be cool if they just let him do whatever the gently caress for a whole game. by himself.

shuts himself in his trashy apartment recording music videos while high and in his spare time, writes the elder scrolls 7: i wish i were elsewhere

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

the night dad posted:

Isn't TES actually pretty popular in japan for a western pc game?

Also, are there any good sixth house mods?

i heard The Sixth House Reborn was good but this is ofcourse hearsay from 10~ish years back

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
i just started to play arx fatalis and now im gonna reinstall morrowind

classic gaming

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

01011001 posted:

how is arx fatalis in 2014 anyway

it works unless you turn anti-aliasing on
it's a p good game but spellcasting is hard because mouse movements apparently!!! have to be exact. wtf.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
The combat is still really solid in that it's exactly the same as skyrim lmao

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
The most important thing kirkbride brought to the table was his really good concepting and general visual art imho

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm sure it was a group effort, and even if he was kept on, I bet TESIV would have been more "normal" fantasy, but the it's inevitable we'll identify that time as "the kirkbride era," if only as a convenient short-hand.

Like I said earlier kirkbride's biggest influence was probably the art. His writing had a ton of edits when necessary but judg8ng from the concept art he was pretty much why morrowind looked so insane and good

If he worked on oblivion it maybe would have had a not-lotr direction

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Blue Raider posted:

"suran, cuck, scaly, couch, sujamma momma"

im imagining fargoth saying these things

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
mod tip 1:
install wrye mash

http://wryemusings.com/#WryeMash

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Mr. Mallory posted:

anyone ever try a permadeath run of morrowind?

yes

1) on xbox and not goty so it was poo poo
2) i jumped thru the census house wall so i couldn't save, either
3) it was bad but at least i could steal everything and not get in trouble

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
what's the tool that lets me extend view distance and use modern resolutions and whatever the gently caress else

i'm playing on a tv so it doesn't matter really but black bars on the sides of my screen are like...whyyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
ok i'm gonna do that >:)
i don't know if i want to install MSGO because i read like 10 pages ago that it changes cliff racer sounds. i dont know if i can deal with that.

• Locked thread