Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Sharmat posted:

also there's that thieves guild quest were you blackmail a Redoran noble by proving that his daughter owns a copy of Boethiah's Pillow Book, which is presumably the Daedric Kama Sutra, but that kind of provides evidence both ways because it also shows hints of what the Dunmer think of the concept of sex for pleasure

that's also a Redoran noble, the churchiest House that's not Indoril.

been doing my first Telvanni playthrough, helping Aryon conquer integrate the House into the Grazelands. these quest rewards are amazing. so many spells, so many trinkets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gobblecoque posted:

just don't turn in the robe of drake's pride to the neloth in sadrith mora because it's the best robe in the game and he just gives you like a 100 gold or some bullshit for it

nah I'm Mouth for Aryon, one day I'll kill him and take Tel Vos for myself. probably use the magnificent Amulet of Admonishment he gave me to get the job done, too: 30 second paralysis effect, with 1-2 points of shock damage per second for the same duration. It's saved my rear end a few times in the Grazelands when I've been set upon by local predators or the Dark Brotherhood with no magicka of my own left.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Sharmat posted:

The Telvanni Mouth quest kinda bugged me the first time through because going into it I thought they were actually going to let me decide who I was gonna be Mouth to

I mean Master Aryon is one of the coolest ones but still, was disappointed he was the only choice

Woah, really? He was my first choice, I wanted to play 'frontier mage'. Glad I didn't try to kiss up to anyone else, that would've been disappointing.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought murder was an accepted form of dispute resolution among Telvanni.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Man, Tel Vos is a bitch to find your way around.

Traversing Telvanni towers on foot is for barbarians and peasants

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Tel Vos is a castle with a lovely layout, not a telvanni tower.

I imagine Master Aryon would disagree on that point. It's a stone, Imperial-style superstructure around a fungiform core and, like all other Telvanni towers, best traversed by levitation.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Till their stamina runs out, then you start punching away their hp. I tried it once, didn't have the patience.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Hilldeliths of Alinor were cursed with flat butts by Mehrunes Dagon in the Second Era

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's no outside observers to that fight in the lighthouse. slay her, take her robes, become the new keeper of Seydan Neen's light.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
there was an oblivion mod called 28 Days Later (creative) that was nonetheless an amazingly customizable zombie apocalypse mod. Zombies would spawn in the vicinity of cities and within them as well, the mod used a script to track global population and you could either place them in urban areas by hand or let the mod randomize it. once a zombie was in an area the mod rolled a die every day to see how many more people were infected and whether the infection spread to other areas. there were several preset modes--patient zero spawned one random zombie somewhere in the world, dawn of the dead inundated every city, etc. bitten npcs died within a minute unless you cast cure disease on them and respawn as more zombies, you could barricade building entrances to create safe zones within cities and guide other survivors to them, and as zombie pop rose the mod altered the infected city, spawning in barricades and fires so the place looked like a war zone. that + ooo + alternate start mod made for fun and replayable oblivion, imo.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder what stupid obscure monster I can use in my Morrowind in 13th Age game. Shame it's set exclusively in Morrowind, or I'd send the group to fight King Dead Wolf-Deer like an rear end in a top hat.

the white gaur

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
The ending of the words is and so on

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

tuluk posted:

RIP Fixed being able to rest on water while water walking, you will be missed.

sounds more like a feature than a bug

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Upmarket Mango posted:

i think i remember finding a note or something in skyrim that straight up says ulfric is cooperating with the thalmor for ~some reason~

you're remembering the file on ulfric from the interrogation cells of the thalmor embassy. what it says is that ulfric was captured and interrogated by the thalmor when he soldiered for the empire in the great war. they mind-noogied him hard but he didn't break or switch sides before they let him go in a prisoner swap. the dossier lists him as an inactive asset, still too hostile to approach or manipulate directly

the only real answer to the civil war quandary, imo, is for the player to defeat ulfric, murder the current emperor, and declare themselves the new dragonborn emperor of tamriel. a course of action which is naturally impossible within the bounds of skyrim the video game

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
who needs merely mortal bed partners once you learn Summon Seeker

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a pretty good survey of the second age, but you should still read the Sermons

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

oh my god, if they employed MK to just gently caress around with GM powers as vivec in teso, i might actually pick up the game

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
the one time i did the Hlaalu thing I played as Jiub. same name, same face, the conversation in the ship's hold was a hallucination brought on by too long in solitary confinement. he turned into a horrifying morag tong knifeman. cool elf.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
That fargoth is a weird little dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMb4qZJ0Jkw

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I always preferred those scrolls of ghostflight(?) that simultaneously turned you invisible and gave you a high-powered levitation effect for a few minutes. You could fly from Seyda Neen to Telvanni territory on one of those.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just want a tentacle face and wholly malleable flesh

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

keep that milk finger to yourself unless you're using it to keep nord warlords from utlizing their thu'um

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf on elf racism is one of tamriel's great tragedies

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mortimer posted:

arcanum is one of the most fun "western trope" rpgs ever. it says "what would happen if a fantasy world invented the steam engine" and thats a lot more interesting a concept than 99% of rpgs out there.

it even has the most realistic balance where magic sucks in comparison to shooting someone in the head

The only time ever got much past the Wheel Clan dungeon was as a mage, and the Fire and Space magicks rocked the poo poo out of any mere gunmen. Space even gives you instantaneous teleportation across the world map.

In summary, Arcanum is a land of contrasts.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

grate deceiver posted:

killed his best buddy for power and hosed his wife for starters?

Oh come on, what's a little ritualistic murder and adultery among dark elf religious figures?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I've never killed Vivec either. All that death and reincarnation worked out fine in the end, after all. Hard to hold a grudge for something as common as an extra spin on the wheel of Samsara, which in an Elder Scrolls context is probably some sort of cosmic dragon.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
The decadent magocratic Eastern Roman analog always sounded pretty cool, yeah. I think the only time you directly encounter it in the first two games is a blood mage slaver in a DA2 side quest

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

The new dragon age is way better and doesn't need 100000 mods like an elder scrolls game, well farewell.

can you levitate in the new dragon age? can you enchant a chitin shoulderpad to summon a horrid specter upon command?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
have you tried morrowind before zen death robot? it's a pretty cool game

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bolverkur posted:

Being a vampire in Morrowind was loving fantastic. I killed all the guards in Balmora one by one and jumped between rooftops. Everyone hated me and my vampire mansion in the hills. I ruled that town like a loving Dracula.

man I always wanted to try the morrowind vampire thing but the few times I ran into one I killed it before it could pos me with vamp power

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Minarchist posted:

or you can just save yourself the trouble and console yourself some vampirism

willing yourself into blood-drinking immortality does seem like the most CHIMy path to vampirism.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Buck Turgidson posted:

That mod makes Caius Cosades wear a shirt and tidies his house up too...

what madness is this

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gobblecoque posted:

nice titty minotaur

gettin horney in here

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mortimer posted:

remember the markarth prison thing

i thought 'oh that was neat' my first time through it, like the day skyrim came out. i reloaded a previous save to look for any way out of that, there is none. you can't avoid getting arrested, you can't backtrack through the tunnels, you can't do poo poo

um, I missed the prison sequence with my first character who encountered that sequence by just fight-shouting my way out of the trap in the Talos temple. just learned to live with a 1000 gold bounty in Markarth

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's so much cool and valuable poo poo to excavate from dwemer ruins. gems, magic, scrap metal. there's fortunes in them thar magitech towers

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beyond sane knolls posted:

gently caress scrap metal what is that poo poo good for at all? some lame quest in tribunal?

you can eat it

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Redguard is itself a corruption of the Yokudan word Ra'gada, the 'warrior wave' that made the first landfall in what's now the province of Hammerfell. When Yokuda was destroyed the survivors of its warrior caste made landfall en masse on the western coast of Tamriel and fought as far inland as they were capable to prepare a suitable landing site for the ruling caste, wrecking the orsimer peoples who spread over that territory after the fall of the dwemer in the process. The Redguard are cool, they're heirs to the fragments of a lost civilization who've rebuilt and evolved in the desolation of Hammerfell. I don't know where the idea that they were influenced by the Japanese came from, the East Asian artistic and architectural influences all come from Akavir.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreatGreen posted:

So, when you guys reinstall Morrowind, or just play it because you've never not had it on your PC since May 1st, 2002, do you also install all the small extra official downloads listed here on Bethesda's site or do you ignore them? I've never tried any of them personally. Are they worth installing?

Fort Firemoth is a fun battle with army of undead

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Should've asked for the akatosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv1bY6Wl0m4

• Locked thread