Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

The Sharmat posted:

Obsidian's Oblivion was the vanilla campaign of Neverwinter Nights 2. But unlike Bethesda it didn't signal a creative death spiral and just turned out to be an anomaly.

NWN2 was p decent tho? I wouldnt put it in the same category as shitass bitchshow Oblibion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

ya, that's what i'm talking about. sure, if you compare it to the loving amazing motb it kinda sucks, but its a decent game on its own. i've played it recently for the first time and it was ok.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

icarian flight was a completely valid scroll, he just forgot to cast it again step forward on landing

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

scalded schlong posted:

do this but call him Coitus Cascades

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

the kwama actually look better imo but that scrib is disgusting

Also they still don't look at all like examples of the same species

lol, they're awful

the morrowind kwama are cool and weird, the warrior is a worker flipped around with a forager inserted into it's 'head', which suggests some freaky anatomy and lifecycle. tho I gotta agree, I only recently realised that the scrib are supposed to be the same species.

these are just boring humanoids with bugfaces. wow, much original, etc.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

every tree in valenwood has been replaced by a medieval european castle. imga are now dragons. also they have tits

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

honestly idg how can anyone look at other games in the series and not think that morrowind was a giant fluke that has zero chance of ever happening again. every game since has been pushing to imitate lotr as close as possible, every even remotely interesting piece of lore has been retconned or ignored. because see, what people want from fantasy is wander around european deciduous forests and shoot fireballs at dragons (tbh, that's probably what people actually want).

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Pyandonea has the potential of being morrowind 2, since its an island populated by weird elves ruled by an immortal god-king. or maybe Morrowind during the war of the first council (playable dwemer anyone?). or something based on Kirkbride's 5th era stuff with time travelling cyberelves and fantasy space exploration. or do something interesting with argonians, who're supposed to be these sexually ambiguous weirdos perpetually high on sentient tree sap.

But lol, never gonna happen

The Sharmat posted:

I think Morrowind 2 would just see Bethesda poorly aping the most shallow characteristics of the setting (giant bugs and mushrooms everywhere) while totally missing what really made it good in the first place.

so basically, dragonborn dlc: the game

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

well ya, that's my point

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

yes, it's called Morrowind

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

lol, the official plugins except maybe adamantium armor are lovely pieces of crap. domina armor looks like its straight from some dumb bdsm fan mod

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

whoa, where do i get that

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

uhh, gee, idunno, maybe carry some restore str potions next time, or learn the spell? or maybe just divine out of there and restore at an altar??? if you're high enough level to encounter bonewalkers regularly, this shouldn't ome as suprise to you

if you want to make potions then put some points in alchemy, mystery solved. up to around 30 you aint makin poo poo

tho i agree that marksmanship is kinda useless in morrowind

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Abandon posted:

i searched every shop in balmora and suran and found 2 bargain restore strength potions. that wasnt even enough to restore my strength to normal

its cool i'll go to that tomb by the lake with the veloth shrine inside

I realise that ur coming from teso, but c'mon

you can:
buy / steal potions
buy / steal scrolls (restore str is on scrolls I think)
learn spell
enchant a pair of pants to infallibly cast restore str
eat alchemy ingredients with restore str

all of the above but fortify str

all of the above but feather

divine intervention and pay like 50 golds at the altar to have everything restored

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

holy crap I forgot how lovely Tel Uvirith is. is there a decent, not overblown mod that adds some shelves or something to the interior?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

my only problem with Tel Uvirith is that there's no fast travel from it and it's in the middle of nowhere. If it had a silt strider it would be perfect. They should have added a quest to get fast travel to the strongholds. Like a boat on the Odai river for the Hlaalu one, a silt strider for the Redoran one, and some kinda magic teleport thingy to Sadrith Mora or something for Telvanni.

I honestly don't mind lack of fast travel that much. I set up a permanent mark in the lower bedroom and that's pretty much enough for me. I just want some place to put my ancient tomes and glowing swords that's not the floor. There's one shelf and like two tables in the entire magical stronghold of a big important Telvanni wizard, for Vivec's sake.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Also, that motherfucking root (you know the one). Is this what I've been running all over Vvanderfell to collect golden saint souls for, Llunela? :negative:

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

some goon made a really badass tel uvirith mod, but it's pretty expansive

like what has been said, if all you want is a few shelves and poo poo then might as well just open up the cs

I didn't even know I had the cs, but yeah, I just chimmed me up some shelves

that mod you are talking about is Uvirith's Legacy? those display cases look kinda cool, I might check it out actually

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Geoff Zahn posted:

I edited Tel Uvirith a little bit in the construction set, and now looks like this:

If you want it, I can find a way to upload or email you the .esp file.

yea, I pretty much already did this exact thing, thanks tho :)

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

a real Telvanni wizard just makes the items levitate in mid air on their own

welp, i installed Uvrith's Legacy and this is p much how it ended up. all my stuff that was previously laid out on a shelf in lower tower bedroom now levitates a few feet below the ceiling :negative:
this mod looks cool and all, but i don't know if i want to reorganize all my crap

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

if you're doing stuff for everyone tho, the net effect will be positive with every guild. except I think the cammona tong will hate your guts

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

poo poo, on my new character I joined the mages guild but forgot that Telvanni hate them. I hope I haven't moved up enough in the guild to preclude joining Telvanni yet.

This is the first time I've ever really tried to play a spellcaster. I'm not very good at it. I usually just end up summoning a bonewalker and then getting my spear out.

i don't think you can be prevented from joining any guild, except for that weird quest where you steal a codebook for the fighters guild in balmora? you'll prob just get a relations penalty

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

i think that was more of a bug than an intentional decision, it may have been fixed by one of the unofficial patches even

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

It took me forever to figure out where the mages guild in wolverine hall was

this, but fighters guild. for the longest time i didnt even know there was one in sadrith mora, until i got a quest to talk to someone there

also, i only just now found out about gentleman jim stacy

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

welcome to teh desert of the real

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

lower magic resist does amplify absorb and drain spells tho

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

welp, almost done with the mq, went to mournhold for a while and i remembered why i never got far in tribunal. boy those sewers are lovely

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

there is some stuff to do aboveground, but yeah, most of it is in the sewers

i wanna push through it this time to see what sotha sil expanded is all about. also with boots of blinding speed and that overpowered companion from uvirith's legacy it's somewhat bearable

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I remember reading somewhere that if you do enough of those randomized thief guild quests in skyrim something is supposed to happen, but gently caress doing that poo poo. I did one of each type and it was mindnumbingly boring, much like the rest of the game.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

dont you steal some deed or something during that bee burning quest? that might be the only time

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

ok, so after reading the questline summary on uesp, the rewards for doing the random jobs are kinda neat. I forgot there are some unique items to steal that will be displayed in the hideout. New people will join, better furniture, trophies, crown of barenziah. Too bad that to unlock all this, you need to do over a hundred of these jobs :negative:

who in their right mind would bother with that. good idea, retarded execution

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

that's for the recruits, you get trophies every ten jobs up to 75, and then a safe at 125

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

also morrowind graphic extender if you want to play in anything bigger than 1024x768

probably some noglow, better heads, bodies and clothes if you dont want to gouge your eyes out

chocolate pack is a good compilation of cosmetic and small balance / improvements mods, just watch out for GCD because it changes the leveling system, so turn it off if you dont like that

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

yea ok, why dont you post a picture of some nord faces, because that poo poo is loving atrocious. i'm not that big on the aesthetic of most better faces mods, but id take it any day over the low poly low res vanilla potatoes

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

your right they should make the volcanic wasteland of vvardenfell into a lush jungle. The reason its so brown is because of hardware limitations, not because of morrowinds geography. I downloaded a mod that adds palm trees and lush vegetation everywhere, the way mike kirkbride intended.

volcanic soils are hella fertile actually, so the dumb is you

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

I wish that most of the texture people would pay more attention to keeping the art style intact. Better Heads is bad because while you can count all the polygons on the vanilla heads, they had a lot of artistic character and feeling to them. Better Heads on the other hand are just scans of celebrity faces plastered onto Morrowind meshes, and they look gay as hell.

hey, as soon as someone makes hires Kinda Normal Looking Faces im all over it, but until then im willing to put up with a few pouty supermodels in my vvanderfell

bonzibuddy64 posted:

it doesnt at all surprise me that someone who uses the mod pack overhauls also types like a loving retard

ah yes, the terrible modpack overhauls, such as Book Titles On Covers or the dreaded This Weapon Now Gives +5 To Strength Instead Of +3. and lets not forget the hideously non-canon A Few Wooden Bridges Added To VIvec, you dumbshit luddite

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

A Steampunk Gent posted:

procedurally 'assigned' then. like just about everything is dictated automatically by the npc's race/class/faction/geographic location which is why everyone always says stuff like 'i'm a commoner, i do odds and ends as a citizen of the empire, the rich get richer and the poor get pooer but w/e', it's not exactly riveting stuff. but maybe i'm just incapable of perceiving the perfect all-encompassing glory of Michael Kirkbride's Magnum Opus The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? :shrug:

unique voiced dialog in a computer rpg game is dumb poo poo for idiot bitch babby retards, hth

Geoff Zahn posted:

Hate to steer away from Morrowind stuff yet again, but remember C0DA chat? Well someone made a Skyrim mod that explores some of that stuff. Haven't tried it yet though but it looks interesting and weird as hell.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58672

What was the consensus on whether or not C0DA, and other out of game materials by Kirkbride, are considered a canon part of the TES lore? On one hand Kirkbride is the king of TES lore but on the other hand he is loving nuts and doesn't work for Bethesda anymore.

welp, this and aethernautic might make me reinstall skyrim after i finish tribunal :negative:

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Bubonic Plagiarist posted:

almost regretting installing the official addons because the best armor I can get now is domina but it looks like it was designed by a 13 year old boy. ah well, time to save up for glass I guess

the lafemme plugin is trash, both armors are lovely looking
adamantium is ok tho
havent played siege at firemoth in forever, but afaik the fort is just a big hall full of skeletons, dumb as poo poo
entertainers is pretty pointless, i don't think i ever even seen what it does

the rest is ok i guess, propylon travel can be legit useful

also,

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

anyone played sotha sil expanded?

Im in the very first room, there's three doors, each has a lever next to them. nothing happens when i pull any of them, there's some mechanical sounds sometimes that would suggest something's moving but nothing happens. doesnt seem like i can get back to the main cavern

wtf trainwiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

this x 3, the area is called outer flooded halls. doesnt really have any other distinctive features

• Locked thread