Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elman
Oct 26, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I love first person games where I swing a sword at a dude and it misses repeatedly even though the animation clearly shows it connecting with the target. That's some amazing game design right there!

*has 25 points in long sword and fights with 0 fatigue*

WHY CANT I HIT THIS MUDCRAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

quote:

The ending of the words is AUTISM.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

why walk when you can roll

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

the battle of red mountain was an inside job. wake up sheeple

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Chum Scandal posted:

and frequent crashes. getting angry about it was dangerous too; original xbox bearclaw controllers had some weight to them and could gently caress up whatever you threw them at.

do you usually resort to physical violence when you get mad at videogames

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jesus comes back and kills them all, then a meteorite destroys the middle east.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Mradyfist posted:

I think the part of Morrowind that I liked the most was always that they didn't try to loving voice act all the dialog, because Bethesda just plain sucks at voice acting.

It would have been terrible for the actors. Unless there's a throat cancer victim actors' guild, I suppose.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Quiet, here comes the guard

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

also i own both arena and daggerfall but have never played either. are they worth the effort? this question is aimed at everyone

I tried to give that a real chance but I couldn't get used to the awful combat and boring dungeons.

This on the other hand:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

LEGO Genetics posted:

the best medium armor in the game and you couldn't even wear it without being attacked

Sounds like someone didn't do the Temple questline.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Minesweep posted:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=4091 was the closest i ever got to playing daggerfall. i tried to play arena but its garbage and daggerfall looks just as bad

I'm kind of looking forward to DaggerXL (The Daggerfall remake), it seems like it could be a fun game if it got some heavy modding to make the quests and dungeons less terrible. It's definitely aged badly though, it's no System Shock :shobon:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Omi-Polari posted:

it's because vivec has a male side with a flat chest and a female side with boobies but BOOBIES DO NOT EQUAL FEMALE YOU CISSEXIST PRICK :byodood:

he doesn't have that though, just a dunmer and a chimer side :confused:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Crewmine posted:

NOW you DIE

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Did anyone ever use the propylons? I played for the longest time without knowing they existed, but even now they seem way too out of the way to be worth it since there are so many easy ways to travel around anyway.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

One of the best moments in Morrowind was actually exploring anywhere and usually finding something extremely cool for taking the time to do it.

Actually exploring anywhere

The world of Morrowind is open ended and you can go anywhere you want. Feel like exploring Dunmer tombs? Maybe you want to find ancient daedric artifacts? Or just explore the Ashlands? It’s all up to you, just remember to visit the nearest town and enjoy their services when you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Crewmine posted:

And yeah why didnt he imply rape instead of just straight up say it what the hell bethesda

Well, one of the daedra is literally called the King of Rape, so...

• Locked thread