Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i had 9 of these fuckers chasing me after punching about another dozen to death with my bare fists before they ran me down and presumably devoured my corpse. ive leveled my hand-to-hand skill from 35 to 71 in like two hours just by running around between balmora, ald ruhn, and molag amur all the while punching the wildlife to death. i forgot how fun morroiwnd is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Next elder scrolls game should have multiple styles of hand-to-hand combat to specialize in. STraight up thug brawler style. Pugilism style. Akavari karate chop style. etc.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

gg killing the thread mods

the fight with this guy was an intense 5 second spamfest of spellblasts from both sides and somehow the lone cattle caught in the middle made it out alive. this guy was a bastard tho.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

seeda neen

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

the broken systems are one of the good parts of tes tbh

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i install morrowind even if i dont intend to play it i feel like my computer is missing a critical component it without the game on my hdd somewhere get on my level s'wit

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Michael Kirkbride posted:

Edit: to Lorus, that's his bonewalker version, lost to the annals of most Tribune histories. Nerevar, while betrayed or not, was still dear to ALMSIVI after death.

And the Tamriel Rebuilt team added him in Necrom.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

*loud sniffling*

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

im not racist i just think dark elves should have to sit at the back of the carriage and use seperate drinking fountains

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l83vT2svg3g

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

He's got corprus he's damaged goods

infected gods do it better

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

It's a shame the technology at the time couldn't do the concept justice. In the concept art (and also in some of the documents in Vivec's palace) it's stated that corprus flesh is undifferentiated, protean matter and that someone with sufficient willpower can control its shape. In one bit of Dagoth Ur concept art in the art book he's sprouting a bunch of tentacles and poo poo out of one of his hands. If he grew appendages to attack you with and crap during the final battle it would have been a lot cooler.

imagine how lovely it wouldve looked if bethesda did try to animate something like that

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i was not aware that spell projectiles can collide with one another and cancel each other out its p.cool

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

im more excited a bout openmw the sooner that hits 1.0 the sooner it can be expanded upon with some sick new poo poo

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Oggumogoggum posted:

0.31 is pretty much done, so that's pretty exciting

the current build runs at like 3 fps for me so i got no choice but to wait

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

the cummunity surrounding morrowind seems to be going through a mini-revival lately. what, with tamriel rebuilt still going along, openmw nearing completetion, skywind nearing a public release, kirkbride doing his c0da project, plus all the random morrowind videos i see coming out. all this leads me to hope that bethesda sees how beloved morrowind is and takes a look at what about it people love and incorporate that into their next game.

then reality sets back in and i realize this is bethesda im talking about and i get a little sad.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

tes 6: black marsh

*features none of the cool and interesting things about the location*

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Phlag posted:

Are there any good pieces of lore in TES:Online? I know the game is garbage, but surely there are some interesting stories scattered throughout.

nothing u cant already find on uesp or the imperial library

doesnt teso gently caress the lore up anyway in order to fit it in with the game (how the three alliances are set up)

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Frank Horrigan posted:

there's one in the water a few hundred feet off the coast north of Seyda Neen.

is that what that is supposed to be?? ive always wondered.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

oblivion also had that neat quest where u gotta go to some rinky dink town in the middle of bumfuck and the whole place is a bunch of crazy cultists and it had some lovecraft influences

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i unironically want a coda game dont even care cant get enough of that weird poo poo

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i think wacky video game religions r neat but then again i find religion neat in general but yeah worshipping a void of nothing is kinda dumb and pointless imo no matter who u r. why is bethesda the only company doing openworld rpgs like this anyway

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Mortimer posted:

gothic 1/2 and risen are p good openworld games. iirc two worlds 1/2 tried to do open world like morrowind but hosed it uuuuuuuuuuuup

how is risen 2? the pirate theme looks more interesting

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i never played risen before so i guess if i wanna get the best initial impression i should go with the better first game then huh

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

playing risen its pretty cool good recommendation

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

chim is a state of mind. everything you perceive as the ultimate truths as granted to you by CHIM ultimately exist only to you inside your head. vivec says he knows the truth of existence and that gives him the power he has. even tho he says he has this power, everybody else in the real world have no concept of such a thing as CHIM and what it entails. regardless of what vivec perceives himself as, everyone else perceives him as somethign different and he has no control over that. wouldnt a real god be able to control such a thing? either everything inside vivecs mind is real and he really is a god, that makes everything else just an illusion, not real and nonexistent. and considering we are the nerevarine and thus have the real tangible effect on the world, im inclined to believe vivec is lying. he doesnt have CHIM and ultimate power over existence because of the simple fact that we the player exist. if everybody undsterands CHIM is ceases to be a thing.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Geoff Zahn posted:

I just found another great part of Skyrim - College of Winterhold says 'nah we aren't uptight like the Mages Guild, necromancy is fine' but when you accuse the Windhelm court mage of necromancy during a quest he's all like 'what I'm an upstanding member of the college of winterhold, they don't allow necromancy how dare you'

they didnt even look at what they wrote before putting it into the game lmbo i wonder why that is

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Abandon posted:

whats the best thing to do with a shitload of money, train a bunch of skills to max?

meticulously build a fort out of that cash

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Kilroy posted:

So are they just going to duplicate all the bugs that make Morrowind a loving chore to mod for in the first place, or what? Why not just supply a patch that fixes the broken scripts instead?

Because what's the point, then, if everything is broken in the same way? If I wanted an executable with heaps of obscure poo poo wrong with it, one of those has been available for 12 years and can be downloaded from Steam.

They're fixing the bugs otherwise it'd be a lot of redundant work when they later on go in and change poo poo up anyway.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Tesla was right posted:

Ulfric Stormcloak is a pawn of the Thalmor, unwitting or otherwise, and the civil war plays directly into the Thalmor's plans.

i think i remember finding a note or something in skyrim that straight up says ulfric is cooperating with the thalmor for ~some reason~

course if yer into c0da at all then none of it matter either way since the thalmor win anyway and kill all nonelves

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Buck Turgidson posted:

Just a reminder that in Skyrim you can join the Imperials, but you can't clear out Stormcloak camps because a bunch of the NPCs are essential. OK yeah we're at war but whatever!

dont forget the part where yer told khajiit are banned from entering the cities yet as a khajiit yer free to come and go as u please

making GBS threads on skyrim is way too easy

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

does morrowind have any cool mods that will let me live out my criminal fantasies in a fantasy world

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Abandon posted:

i hope you're not describing captain veleth as "cockney"

no just their voice

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I keep googling the TESO pretender-to-the-Tribunal thing and I found this:

UHHH ok so there's these unbelievably powerful living gods
and some dude pretending to be one
and you're telling me they can't just obliterate this gently caress with one spell...

its just vivec having a bit of fun

CHIM

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Poniard posted:

Written by kirkbride, directed by hideo kojima

be still, my beating heart

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

They're like the Jewish, in the sense that they were exiled from one land and were led by a prophet to another land. Also, their saints are depicted with halos, like many other religions (Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism, Ancient Grecian and Roman, and a few others) but with triangles in them.

also have I hammered it in enough that I loving love Morrowind's art?

even morrowind's fan art is pretty dope

e: warguar

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 18, 2014

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i walked into a bookstore and felt inspired for a moment so i made a simple mod that adjusts the lighting to make it moodier as well as adjust the position of the items on her counter to get her cash box out of the way to give her more trading space. theres also an extra candle or two.

vanilla:

this mod:

https://www.mediafire.com/?bh9a8i5h3l9914y

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Heavy Lobster posted:

[Casts Night Eye 20ft on Self for 120 seconds]

nightyeye checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011