Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

vyvec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

we're watching you ... cis scum.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

mournhold! city of light! city of magic!

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

quoting that here too

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

gonna pretend i'm a wereguar

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I dunno, play a mod or some poo poo. this one's pretty decent, although you'll never know what the hell you're doing half the time:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sotha-sil-expanded

i really like trainwiz

Yeah, shame his new game proposal is basically an unfunny version of the zybourne clock

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

i'm the sniffing dunmer at 0:11

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Odd posted:

Also you should get the Macho Dragon mod. Although I just used the sound files, not the graphics changes

wandering the reach hearing distant murmurs of randy savage echoing off the jerall mountains is magical

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

isn't the Akaviri Potentate no longer canon because of TES:O

where were you when the dragon broke etc

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Forest dungeons and loads of weird poo poo probably.

You know hammerfell is only the top layer and there's like a shitload of other worlds below it.

It's a shame - the Tamriel Rebuilt crew came up with a lot of hella cool Art of Morrowind style material for this:http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/TR_Artbook.pdf

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

mods change my name to Yagrenac Bagrenac

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

!

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Abandon posted:

cms: the dark brotherhood money train came in two sleep attempts running, and i spent it all on training. got my alchemy and marksman high enough to level up mages guild and hlaalu but still not high enough to hit anything or make potions worth a poo poo

is there any point to levelling up guild ranks except being able to get more missions? is it one of those things where it has all kinds of subtle effects on how conversations with people go

it affects your reaction from pretty much everyone - higher ranks in guilds will give make you more liked by allies, but less liked by enemies. So a high ranking tribunal temple servant will get bonuses to reaction from pious members of House Redoran, but lowered reactions from the mongrel dogs of the Empire, especially the Imperial Cult. House Telvanni hate the mages, etc.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Present posted:

Found this in the Cosplay thread:

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

actually this owns and I am fully in favour of fleecing completionist nerds who want orange horse just because it's there

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

enough! these forums are so filled with negativity ... it is time to call upon the mighty Cleaver of St Felms

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

i could kill those people posting lovely morrowind plays on words on this page. this thread is ruined.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

Skyrim was what Oblivion wanted to be, basically. It's definitely not in the same league as Morrowind, but then again almost nothing is. I do think a heavily modded Skyrim is worth a play through though, especially if you can get it cheap. The game world is really beautiful and there's tons to see and lots to do. The main and faction quests aren't much, but the game does have its moments here and there.

definitely - as someone who got a lot of play out of a (heavily modded) skyrim, the quests are terrible but there aren't many games like it for simply wandering around, hunting butterflies and clambering down waterfalls. there's a bit of it in MW, but ultimately (and I realise that this is totally a result of the game age) climbing up Foyada Giant Heap Of Ash isn't as appealing.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

It didn't have to happen as Vivec wanted because if there's anything a CHIMmer can't pass up it's a good story. Going against it would defeat the point of CHIM because I and all are we something something kirkbride

yeah, this is the impression I got as well.

Anyone got that post linking the Morrowind CD and one of Vivec's sermons? It's the one about the wheel being viewed side on etc - I think it was in this thread ...

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

If you like Morrowind, then you might like this one web comic called Kill Six Billion Demons. It takes quite a bit of inspiration from things such as the 36 Lessons of Vivec. It also looks really nice.

k6bd is incredibly cool, yeah. sometimes it gets a bit too dense - one thing about the 36 lessons that was nice is that there were moments of genuine human (mer?) interaction and not all Weird Capitalised Phrases - but the art makes up for any of that. it's like a cross between john martin and where's wally.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

vivec's such a creepy piece of poo poo, gently caress him

no nipples ... ?

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

morroblivion is a janky pile of poo poo which is a good thing.

people will be all "no its the worst thing ever, worse than if vivec was hitler and stalin instead of chimer and dunmer" but that's a retarded analogy for me to make up

it's worth messin' with for a while

it's bad, and i say this as someone who actually enjoys a bit of Oblivion from time to time - Oblivion's at its best when it's got relatively well-done quests with sneaking around cities or bandit camps/character interaction etc, and morroblivion's 1:1 port of morrowind has very little of that while not being able to handle the same open-worldedness of morrowind (not to mention that Morrowind - with the proper mods etc - looks much better than its Oblivion equivalent, since sharp polygonal strutting dunmer look better than lumpy potato dark elves).

what Morroblivion IS worth installing for, though, is the artefacts - since every 'on cast' item got turned into a constant effect one, it's almost worth installing it as a giant looting coffer full of cool-looking items with sicknasty effects (the Sixth House relics are particularly good for this), and a decent implementation of a levitation code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

i also found a video that i dont think i ever uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkG_anan6MM

i thought i hadn't seen this before!

killed by rat's

• Locked thread