Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
*casts jump magnitude 100 duration 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

morrowind is all the poo poo things about skyrim with none of the nicer visuals to redeem itself, although i can levitate and abuse potions or something awesome *leaps really high and admires turd stain landscape below*

Panzeh posted:

you know how everybody complains about every game being brown? well, that's morrowind, nonstop poo poo

i hope that i never get to a point in my life where im as dumb and wrong as these nerds

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Hey guys, I know that the game often reminds the player to keep some food/restore fatigue stuff on hand to use before a fight so that my character isn't useless and tired in combat, but I'm going to disregard that advice and then post some whiny shitposts in GBS about how I can't hit things because I'm a big dumb gay baby.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Chum Scandal posted:

it's been about a decade since i played morrowind 24/7 but iirc even after killing the backdoor npcs, you could become godlike enough with potions and gear to just hold sunder and keening in your bare hands to beat dagorth ur. or am i misremembering it?

best game ever for reals.

hell, you only need to strike lorkhan's heart once with sunder and a couple times with keening to kill dagoth ur, so you might not need anything at all so long as you have a decent health bar

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

I love that Telvanni wizards are such snobs that their towers have no stairs to ensure no non-levitating proles could possibly bother them.

i think one of the women in divyath fyr's tower will tell you that you need levitation magic to see him, but that you're also probably too stupid to know any, you loving peasant

really, npcs always telling the you that you're stupid and that they don't want any over your n'wah bullshit is one of morrowind's really charming aspects

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
if you didn't soul trap every named dagoth (ash vampire, priests, and ascended sleepers) and have a big rear end display of the souls of the entire sixth house then eat my poo poo

edit bonus points if you kept all the sixth house amulets with their respective souls :cool:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Hey, did you nerds know that if you manage to sneak up on sixth house creatures (ash servants/zombies/priests/vampires and ascended sleepers) that you can enter into conversation with them and hear their mad rambling? Because you can, and it's pretty fuckin' cool.

morrowind rules get owned loving peasant scrub games

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

Thinking about it, a new complaint I have is that drugs didn't do enough, and there weren't enough of them.

As in Morrowind, so in life.

alcohol owns in morrowind. chug some sujumma and beat the gently caress outta everything with that 50+ strength buff

LEGO Genetics posted:

I can't uninstall Morrowind because if I do I'll lose all my custom settings and mods

Pls halp

why would want to uninstall morrowind? :colbert:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Smarmy Coworker posted:

oblivion: so we know that the lore said cyrodiil was a jungle, well, now the lore says that tiber septim caused a dragon break and turned cyrodiil into middle earth.
teso: so the lore may say that cyrodiil was a jungle and the dragon break may have occurred after the time period in which our mmo takes place, but the book was written by a drunk who forgot how to spell "middle earth" and wrote "jungle" instead, and the whole tiber septim thing never happened.

hell, didn't the crazy yelling guy in some town in skyrim shout the oblivion excuse for cyrodil being a boring eurotrash

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Crewmine posted:

i just looked it up and apparently the king's heir in oblivion was voiced by sean bean what the gently caress

yeah, bethesda spent pretty much all of their voiceactor budget on sean bean and patrick stewart so they had like two guys and a chick voice literally everyone else lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
yeah, oblivion is pretty much irredeemable trash and dumbfuck babbies who like lovely videogames can't even defend it with "well gee you dont like it just because its new gently caress the haters take off your nostalgia goggles :qq:" because its like a decade old now

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

My Q-Face posted:

Okay, leaving aside how bad they were compared to all the other the contemporary giant sandbox games with gently caress-off populations of individual characters which were developed from the 1998-2001 period, there are face mods which improve them considerably, and have been for 10 years. That doesn't make a case for the faces in a game that's 10 years newer being somehow superior in art direction. Here's how bad the art direction in Skyrim is: It took me several hours to recognize which NPCs were Bosmer. I'm still not sure about some of them. Is that guy who "works for Belethor" a Bosmer, a Breton, What The gently caress?!

I still can't tell the difference between Imperials, Bretons, and Nords except for Nords having their stupid forced accent

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

If you picked Medium Armor you deserved to be hunted

if you aren't playing morrowind with medium armor and a spear while constantly levitating the then i hope you get injected with dicks

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I've tried playing Daggerfall several times and got several hours into it, but all enthusiasm to play it is drained by the third labyrinthine infinite dungeon.

It does have some of the coolest character creation stuff in pretty much any video game. You can pick stuff like "restores health while in water" or forbid yourself from wearing chainmail armor

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Does Morrowind have wonderful physics bugs like Skyrim? Because if not, I ain't interested.

morrowind was before the time of every dumbfuck and their inbred sister putting lovely physics in their games you silly person

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
tel uvirith is the best stronghold in vanilla morrowind, but you should go grab the uvirith's legacy mod, which loving owns and was created by a cool goon in the modding thread

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Smarmy Coworker posted:

i just started to play arx fatalis and now im gonna reinstall morrowind

classic gaming

arx fatalis loving rules hard and anyone in the thread who hasn't played should buy it on GOG or steam or whatever and play it right now

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Crewmine posted:

Pretty sure villagers mention that tomb if you ask them about rumours. They also mention boethiah's sunken shrine. Seyda Neen is the best-informed fishing village in the world

I like how the Mentor's Ring rumor goes, "hey did you hear that some dumbfuck lost mentor's ring what an idiot goddam"

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Crewmine posted:

You can go all the way to Dagoth Ur and he's just like "maybe come back when you're actually prepared you colosssal moron"

stumbling on dagoth ur is pretty cool tho. "alright im exploring this place and gettin loot and oh gently caress that dagoth godam ur" :stare:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

The Worst Muslim posted:

Ahnassi was sweet, as a kid I didn't even know she had a problem :3:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Medieval Medic posted:

It is really dumb, but last week(nearly a decade since I first played Morrowind), it hit me what ALMSIVI stands for. Almalexia Sotha Sil Vivec. :doh:

:stare:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Zero Star posted:

Is there a mod that stops shopkeepers from automatically wearing the Dark Brotherhood armour sets that I keep selling?

i think the morrowind code patch has one of its options make merchants not equip what you sell them

im pretty sure that mcp is just about standard issue for morrowind modding so you should get it

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Black Pants posted:

Re: 'what do I do?'
Use your goddamn brain. You know, the thing between your ears which thinks and poo poo. Also use your eyes, they are important for reading what your brain is supposed to be processing. I know the whole reading information > processing information skill is atrophied in a lot of people these days, but it's not impossible to figure out.

come on man how can you expect me to figure things out by reading basic instructions. the game needs to take me by the hand and guide me into a dark closet where it will

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
On transport to the mainland: depending on where you are in Vvardenfell Telvanni lands, you can use Almsivi/Divine intervention to get to the mainland. In most of those lands, there isn't any temples connected to the Almsivi intervention network so using the spell in, say, Sadrith Mora, will send you to a temple on the mainland (Ranyon Ruhn or something like that I think) and using Divine intervention a good bit north of Sadrith Mora should take you to Firewatch.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

bobthedinosaur posted:

Is there a minimal level I had ought to be before I Jesus over to the mainland?

nah, go whenever you feel like it. TR is pretty much built to integrate into the normal game as seamlessly as possible and the same goes for difficulty.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, Tamriel Rebuilt is loving broken for some reason. Apparently, one of their new creatures doesn't have a properly designated animation class, and so the game crashes every time I try to go to Ald Daedroth for the main quest. Anyone got a solution?

i played through ald daedroth not a month ago with tr installed and i didn't have a single problem. it sounds like you probably hosed up installing something somewhere

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

No idea how I did that, then. I just dragged and dropped the files into my folder like I always do.

did you register the bsa files?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

You can put more than one effect in a new enchant? Without mods?

Also armortalk: I really wish there was a full set of imperial dragonscale, it's one of the coolest lookin' mediums imo

you can put however many effects you want :cool:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Val posted:

I wish I wasn't such a snob about voice acting but I'm not going to read that game again.

except that reading is a lot faster than listening to some human being drone on you baby

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
You walk up and say “Hey, man, that’s a really cool watch!” and he’s like “You’re a dork!”.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I really enjoy all the little things NPCs will say outside of dialogue. It sure beats the loving poo poo out of "I saw a mudcrab the other day"

dirtdirtdirtdirtdirtdirtdirtDIRT everywhere DIRT

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I always mix and match my armor because asymmetry is cool.

Same here, full suits are boring.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

He was wearing Colovian gear so I guess I racially profiled him based on his outfit

serves him right for being a culture appropriating son of a bitch

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

I'm going to just say it: Morrowind is played better as Morroblvion than regular or MGO.

poor troll post, 2/5

on bookchat, I think my favorite is the Hope of the Redoran. a pair of redoran nobles were to have a duel and one of them had an omen that said that he would never bleed so the other guy was freaking out. the other guy's mentor said "goddam son don't you know any weapons that dont draw blood." :cmon: so on the day of the duel, the dude got a club instead of a sword and bashed the fuckers head in. :black101:

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/hope-redoran

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I still don't know how the gently caress he forgot to add Slowfall to the scroll. I mean, every single other scroll that fortifies Jump has a loving Slowfall component to it, but his doesn't.

it fortifies acrobatics, not jump :goonsay:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

Nothing but the original game can correctly render jiub.

holy poo poo is this seriously what morroblivion looks like why do people loving play that

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

that screenshot's from a few years ago and is running on an Intel 945 GPU on a budget core 2 duo, the only reason there's any lighting at all is because that's the only time i turned tlb off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uxVfhjr90w I don't know what the voices are doing in this video because all scripted voices work in the real thing. This looks better though

oh, it doesn't have anything to do with the low settings, i had just forgotten that oblivion is pretty much the ugliest game ever.

also holy poo poo dagoth ur haha

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
But but but guys don't you want to experience Todd Howard's perfect vision of his great story of "hero kills dragon"?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

smokyprogg posted:

i like when you complete it how he's like uhhhhhhhh good job, now go murder all of house telvanni lol

i never actually got to the point of him offering that quest because i always killed trebonius in the arena for his baller necromancer's amulet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Tamerlane posted:

i never played morrowind :ssh:

then you should probs go play it dumbfuck

• Locked thread