Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Error 404 posted:

Yeeaaaarrrgghhh!

Stoopid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Saying Skyrim/Oblivion look better than Morrowind is kind of wrong imo even without mods - yeah they have fancy shader bullshit and bump mapping, but it really quickly becomes evident that their look isn't actually functional. You could drop me into any part of Morrowind and I could say hey, I'm probably near Vivec, or I'm probably near Sadrith Mora, and then navigate to anywhere else by walking around signposted paths and foyadas with landmarks, without looking at the map. Skyrim and Oblivion look great until you realise everywhere looks the loving same and it's not really built for travelling, you can't realistically go anywhere without the map. Same with the towns, you instantly know what MW town you're in and what house owns it by architecture, in Oblivion I could not tell you anything about any city except the IC. They did improve that in Skyrim to be fair.

MK will be sending us all a C0DA love letter tomorrow!

this is actually really true. like in morrowind you could get lost and go up a mountain and look around to see where you were. oblivion and skyrim are like daggerfall, they're big but there's nothing much to see

coolest thing in morrowind was seeing the ghost fence for the first time

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Blue Raider posted:

this is cool, i will try it

also i own both arena and daggerfall but have never played either. are they worth the effort? this question is aimed at everyone

if you don't know what you're doing daggerfall will chew you up and spit you out

if you do know what you're doing daggerfall will chew you up and spit you out

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
morrowind owns

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SunAndSpring posted:

You must kiss him for the sake of all of Tamriel.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

re: the brownness, I was reading some articles by devs talking about making games back in the day (started with Crash Bandicoot and I kept reading from there). I remember them saying something about how up to a certain point, a lot of 3D games had limited palettes because of something to do with the graphics processing power, and it was one of the ways they had to manage FPS. I don't remember any technical details unfortunately, but it'd make perfect sense for Morrowind

morrowind is a giant dusty shithole anyway, so it works out

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

muthsera

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I could kill that guar these boots are ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Mortimer posted:

have you fetchers ever mispronounced a morrowind name in your head even though the letters dont say that? i know there's a word for this but idk what
like Divayth Fyr I'll always think "divi-ath feer". Yeah its diva-yith but its so ingrained in my dumb 12 year old brain

caius cosades is forever cassius clay

• Locked thread