Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Get out of here, outthreader.

... still here, n'wah? Let's see if we can make you less of a filthy s'wit.

I want some mods, publican.

Go here for some graphics. Don't install poo poo like Better Bodies & Heads or that poo poo that adds a bunch of foliage everywhere or any poo poo that adds bullshit like NPCs though or anything else that changes Morrowind's timeless aesthetics instead of updating them, or you'll be forever marked as a bitchmade n'wah (unless you like hanging out with a dude whose face came from a 2005 era .jpg of Morgan Freeman's face in a Balmora that looks like a jungle, LMAO)

Here's some gameplay poo poo. Trainwiz is a cool nigga and has generally good taste; he is decidedly not an n'wah. Any lorebreaking bullshit is marked off, so you can avoid it like the garbage it is. However, LGNPC, Darknut's GDR, Rise of House Telvanni and Tel Uvirith Expanded, Voiced Vivec and Yagrum, Starfire's NPC, and a few others are garbage and for stupid outlanders who don't know how things work.

I think Morrowind is dated!

Die, fetcher.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

elder scrubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYXSY4hu6-U

Way too pro for you, scrub.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Raineko posted:

*swings his sword and misses EVERY TIME*

You really should be using Restore Fatigue potions, as having a low Fatigue bar means you miss more often.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rXsrZRchQ

The guy who made cliff racers is a goon, thus reinforcing the evident truth that we are some of the worst human beings to plague this gay Earth.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Jive One posted:

You like to dance close to the fire don't you?

Seen anyyyyyyy ellllllllves?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

gggiiimmmppp posted:

lol you guys are hosed when that volcano erupts

if anyone's looking for a job in skyrim i could use a new maid

REMOVE HUMAN remove human
you are worst nord. you are the nord idiot you are the nord smell. return to skyrm. to our breton cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,skyram we will never forgeve you. talos rascal gently caress but gently caress rear end in a top hat nord stink skyrmi fus ro dah..great war best day of my life. take a bath of dead nord..ahahahahahSKYROM WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget great war .skyrm we kill the king , cyrodil return to your precious atmora….hahahahaha idiot nord and cyrodil smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE HUMAN FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. alinor+morwind+cyrodil+valnwood=kill skyrm…you will grate war/ icejiub alive in alnior, IceJiub making album of alnor . fast rap icejiub alinor. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of iceJiub… you are ppoor stink nord...you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt
icejiub alive numbr one #1 in alinor ….gently caress the highrok ,..FUCKk ashol nords no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. icejiub aliv and real strong wizard kill all the nord farm aminal with rap magic now we the thalmor rule .ape of the zoo emperr tibe septm fukc the great dagon and lay egg this egg hatch and skyrum wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. alinor greattst countrey

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

hmm im literally hitler waging holy war on these high elf heretics

oh you're a high elf? kill this trivial mob and ill let u in on all my military secrets np

Ulfric did nothing wrong. Especially since the Altmer want to destroy the entirety of the world and all of humanity by destroying the Towers and ending the worship of Talos.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Cantorsdust posted:

edit: stick this in the OP

Done. More pictures for Game of the Year All Years.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Distortoise posted:

The Civil War sideplot was so terribly uninteresting because of how it forced you to pick a side. You're the closest thing this culture has to the second coming of Jesus Christ if Jesus Christ slew dragons and breathed fire (and this entire civil started in the first place over banning the worship of Dragon Jesus Christ) but you can't rally your own troops and roll the opposition's heads yourself? Ulfric gets by merely on the rumours of being a dragonborn and you could march in, vaporize him by shouting at him and declare yourself king and take the war to the Thalmor yourself.

Everyone cool from Bethesda is long gone. All that is left is Todd Howard and the fucker who made Cliff Racers and the Mages Guild questline in Oblivion.

Also, I love how being Dragonborn essentially means you have a part of Akatosh (who is also Alduin who is also Auriel who is also Ruptga who is also Lorkhan who is also Shezzar who is also Sep) inside of you. So when you fight Alduin, it's more like you're fighting yourself because Akatosh is loving nuts.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Crewmine posted:

the oblivion villain was so fuckin unmemorable it's unreal

like, i remember he had a weird plastic balloon face like every other npc but that's it

The books the guy wrote were really cool and interesting, but then it turns out that he was just a loving idiot who didn't even know which realms belonged to the Daedra.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr. Mallory posted:

so if i were to reinstall this game, what are some essential mods i should use?

http://www.somethingfornobody.com/blog/morrowind-modding-guide/

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

calusari posted:

Morrowind's dungeons are also the best. They were creepy and dark and confusing as hell. My biggest beef with Skyrim is the terrible dungeons. Only that big one with the glowy mushrooms was good. The rest all feel the same because they are essentially a single hallway leading back to the exit.

Man, Blackreach was wasted potential. There's only two quests there: get the Elder Scroll and collect 30 plants. It's big and it looks good, but that's about it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, at least Michael Kirkbride and Trainwiz are making a good mod for Skyrim that doesn't suck.

https://docs.google.com/presentatio...d.g256ae43b2_00

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Distortoise posted:

I don't remember if this was a problem with Morrowind, but in Skyrim I would often stumble in to some random interesting place I found (or, you know, a hallway) and reach the end only to find out tha I was supposed to have found this place via a quest given somewhere else entire, usually a nearby town. I remember finding one place that I got to the end of and discovering I was supposed to have gone here with a random plot trinket called a Lexicon I would have gotten from some random gently caress in town. It basically put you in the mindset of ignoring discovered ruins until you are supposed to go to them by way of arbitrary instruction.

That's not what ruins should be like. They should be interesting locales in their own right that you can then explore upon finding yourself and find within whatever purpose they serve.

I seem to remember most dungeons having doors that had really high skill caps to open, but you could just pick through them and sequence break if you wanted to. A few story-related ones that wouldn't open until you did some things, but otherwise everything was open to you.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If you play Morrowind and you don't get 10,000 gold within 10 minutes of starting, you're a loving scrub.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Lewie posted:

morrowind is p much the greatest

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

morrowind is all the poo poo things about skyrim with none of the nicer visuals to redeem itself, although i can levitate and abuse potions or something awesome *leaps really high and admires turd stain landscape below*

Whatever you say, man.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Panzeh posted:

you know how everybody complains about every game being brown? well, that's morrowind, nonstop poo poo

The outer areas of Morrowind were covered in lots of plants. It's like Australia, basically.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I have a feeling you and I are about to become very close.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkdR1X0V7sI

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Smarmy Coworker posted:

altmer walk like this, and dunmer walk like this

Apparently, the Altmer way of walking is so good that they get hundred extra years of life out of it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
VIVEC LIED NEREVAR DIED

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Kellsterik posted:

Don't care if this has been posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ

I posted it in the OP :colbert:. You are far too late.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

It's just not the same without the sound effect of him falling.

http://youtu.be/iJq0iXOwb9Y?t=23s

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

My god. It all loops together. Zizek was the subject of a movie called Zizek!, made by Astra Taylor. Astra Taylor is the wife of Jeff Mangum, lead singer of Neutral Milk Hotel. Jeff Mangum is my avatar. Zizek attributed a quote from Morrowind, my favorite game, to Gothic.

I was born to make this thread.

I see all now.

I see that I am and am not, which is to say I have seen the Wheel become a Tower.

I ARE ALL WE

AE CHIM NU-MEN NU-MANTIA

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, but only because mortality is a cage, one that never should've been imposed upon the souls of the Elves by the false gods.

Elves are a bunch of crybabies, save for the Dunmer.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47BinmdRuho

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I was disappointed to find Keening in Skyrim; it doesn't even kill you when you pick it up.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Bethesda really does not seem to grasp that giving people a 8x damage backstab only works in a tabletop game with other people or MMOs, and that in a single player game with AI too braindead to find you after a minute, it really trivializes the game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Lord Binky posted:

they probably don't care because it's a single player game and you could just not do that

I generally prefer the game to be balanced no matter how many people can play it at a time. Makes replaying it much more fun, as you can try out new approaches without feeling like you're gimping yourself.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

dyzzy posted:

The first time I played Morrowind was on xbox. Dear god those load screens

I think the reason for that was that Bethesda, being bad at programming since the genesis of their company, only tested it on one version of the Xbox when there were like three of them floating around at the time. So on that one version, it worked pretty decent. Every other version, however, failed miserably at load times.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's not really in adherence to the lore if Vivec doesn't have a highly detailed vagina/dilz.

The person who drew this is Michael Kirkbride's girlfriend, IIRC.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

does anyone still have the Whirling School analysis of each of the sermons because that was some good poo poo and itd be a real shame for unrepentant sperglords like me everywhere if it was lost forever

No idea, but his Tumblr is a riot.

http://michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/

Also, fun fact, I once received a book (Dictionary of the Khazars) from Michael Kirkbride (kind of) through a zany IRC encounter involving him calling me a human being and me calling him a human being back and then him handing out books to people doing random challenges.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

kirkbride pwns

Trees vs Dragons in space.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Hog Butcher posted:

xbox morrowind owns, people had to make a program to fix its saves

It stores every single container you open and what is/was in it with no regards for a max size so your save can get so large the xbox's ram can't handle loading it

Not to mention that if you have too many things in one area, a bottomless bag will spawn, devour a few of the items permanently, and keep the rest inside of it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I always enjoyed permanently fortifying my stats via creative use of Soul Trap.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Voted Worst Mom posted:

gently caress fortifying stats bro, use Soul Trap to permanently bind invisibility, flying, water breathing, etc

All of those have drawbacks. Can't beat the Tribunal quest where you have to drown if you do that, can't rest if you're always flying, and invisibility just breaks the loving game entirely.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I always enjoyed turning Caius Cosades's house into a main quest trophy den. I'd put poo poo like Sixth House cups and bell hammers, enchanted items, books relating to the Nerevarine Prophecies, and so on in there. Shame that Bethesda lied when they said he was going to show up in Oblivion.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Damp Star Baby posted:

Skooma is the weirdest drug. It's present as a type of Opium, but it makes you run really fast if you do a lot of it?

Is there any Terrence Mckennaish lore (lol) about Skooma found anywhere in TES? I hate myself for posting this.

No, but you can have the One Million Little Pieces of Morrowind instead.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Confessions_of_a_Skooma-Eater

Also, Khajiit use moon sugar to see their gods. So it's like weed to Rastafarians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

if you didn't soul trap every named dagoth (ash vampire, priests, and ascended sleepers) and have a big rear end display of the souls of the entire sixth house then eat my poo poo

edit bonus points if you kept all the sixth house amulets with their respective souls :cool:

I once downloaded a mod for underwear just so I could use Almalexia's soul to enchant some boxers with something completely worthless (think it was Summon Scamp for 15 seconds and Restore 10 Fatigue), because gently caress her for making me do straight up evil poo poo. Fun times.

• Locked thread