Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the ending of this thread is ALMSIVI

e:

quote:

The holy one returned at last, Vehk, golden with wisdom. His head found its body had been tenderly used. He mentioned this to Molag Bal, who told him that he should thank the Barons of Move Like This, 'For I have yet to learn how to refine my rapture. My love is accidentally shaped like a spear.'

So Vivec, who had a grain of Ayem's mercy, set about to teach Molag Bal in the ways of belly-magic. They took their spears out and compared them. Vivec bit new words onto the King of Rape's so that it might give more than ruin to the uninitiated. This has since become a forbidden ritual, though people still practice it in secret.

Here is why: The Velothi and demons and monsters that were watching all took out their own spears. There was much biting and the earth became wet. And this was the last laugh of Molag Bal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lightanchor posted:

Try to finish Morrowind without a walkthrough. I hope you enjoy spending hours in each dungeon going back and forth looking for a little cog on a shelf that's necessary to advance the game

it's me

i'm the mages guild quests to sulipund and punabi that are given to you in the form of vague, incorrect directions

this is also me

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

morrowind graphics and sound overhaul changes the noises of the cliff racers!!

it's just wrong to hear them not squawk REBBA-ROO as they glide out of the fog to slowly descend on you

i discovered this when i fell off a cliff to escape one at level 1

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sekenr posted:

Any help with MGSO? When I install it goes well until you press extract files, than supposedly the installer takes control of my mouse cursor, files extract and than nothing happens, the installer just stays on the same screen. When I force take control of the mouse the next, back and cancel buttons don't worlk, the installer is frozen.

when I installed it it kept saying "can't find this .exe in a folder that doesn't exist!!" but when i ctrl-alt-deleted to take control back to close the error message, it then worked ok

hth

if this does not h then perhaps you would be better off finding help in the actual thread for morrowind where you aren't allowed to just call people n'wahs

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3430891&pagenumber=1

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

How many people have reinstalled because of this thread, anyway?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hailthefish posted:

Oh god I can hear them

THIS IS THE END OF YOU, S'WIT!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dirt, dirt, dirt, everywhere dirt

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

moves like this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lewie posted:

What's the deal with the other great houses in Morrowind? Redoran, Hlaalu, and Telvanni are pretty well covered. Indoril is suppose to be the Nerevar's great house, right? And Dres is suppose to be a bunch of traditionalists that stay isolated on the mainland?

loads of indoril committed suicide after the peace between empire/tribunal, and more got purged by hlaalu after they got more power

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Incursus posted:

Why is this specifically the best way to play? Thinking about playing another round and I have never gone with heavy armor in any TES game, might try this.

it's good because it boosts the important stats with the skills you'll level up all the time and you can summon weightless top tier armour/weapons with a simple spell that bretons are good at due to their knack for conjuration, also you have shitloads of magicka, are practically immune to spells, and you absorb magic if it's cast at you which means if you need more magic to summon your battlesuit you can go and pester a scrib for a bit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's not so much "noo mages" as it is dudes in dresses being kind enough to recharge your mana for you midbattle

same with traps - never probe again

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

battlemage in the tradehouse mentioned it to me and then i accidentally found it at level 1

also broke into the sarano ancestral tomb north of the fields of kummu at level 1 and couldn't work out why the name sounded familiar. "poo poo, that's a bonewalker, they can disease me". stealthily got out a scroll of hellfire, flung it, bonewalker topples over. wait, that's a hunger. with an ebony helmet.

traded it for a glass shield at ghostgate when doing the seven graces pilgrimage. gently caress you, house redoran!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the Tong must hang

council club massacre hasn't quenched my lust for nationalist bloodbaths so i'm travelling from town to town in hlaalu territory in dark brotherhood gear, tracking down camonna associates by asking around

Justice Gimp

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Convoolio posted:

I just realized that the House Dagoth bosses always immediately activate their 6th house amulet upon entering combat (Drain Personality on self). Why? Oh right, to appear scarier :3:

or that's what I like to think...

i may be completely wrong as it's been years but i think it actually does something for them. it's just drain personality on you because, y'know, you're not part of the sixth house.

i do not have CHIM installed so i can't check them for special scripts/spells though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Red Mundus posted:

God drat, I really need to read The Argonian Accounts. Looks badass.

decimus scotti owns

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it is their face

it's also a pipe on which unearthly music is played

e: GUYS THAT'S ITS FACE

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no you shouldn't

you want to use the smallest possible souls for constant effect; use vivec and alma on cast-on-strike stuff so you get more bang for your buck

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drain health

absorb health is the expensive health-be-gone-also-doesn't-matter-if-you-hit-a-daedra-with-spell-reflect spell

drain health is the amazingly cheap health-be-gone spell that returns it at the end of its duration; except if you do a spell that's 100pts drain + 100pts weakness to magicka duration 1 second you'll have a quite cheap spell that will oneshot stuff easily. can't return health to a corpse.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hey where's the alchemy master trainer?

the imperial cult dude in sadrith mora sells both instant-restock saltrice and instant-restock marshmerrow - i've bought-sold-bought-sold his stocks up to like 600 of each so i guess i could do it the hard way, but i would prefer to have the option of training too

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well, yeah

don't roleplay or anything but at least go "this time i won't abuse alchemy" or "this time i won't steal stuff"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the authentic vvardenfell experience

in seriousness it's not the brown palette that's the problem anymore, with the graphics overhaul. it's running out of magicka to cast night eye or light in a daedric ruin or sixth house base, and groping desperately through pitch blackness

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is that near where the hlaalu mansion gets built? it's quest-related, i think

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

soscannonballs posted:

No officer I was just standing my ground against that N'wah Fetcher Swit.

Zimmerman custom class. Taunt all Redguards and then crossbow them to death.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Blue Raider posted:

i usually see those pics you posted in the same place as this balmora one. im not sure who drew what but there are a lot of these more realistic interpretations of morrowind locations and they cool

why do those cliff racers only have two wings

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just broke into Ald Sotha and some dickhead started throwing daedric darts at me! that's like 4000 gold a pop she's throwing away!!

still desperately seeking tel fyr though. i've actually forgotten where it is and i'm tearing up azura's coast looking for it. this owns.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

That bandit must be loaded to be tossing those things at you. I mean, they're made out of ebony, the most prized of metals, and a Daedric being fused to the weapon. Bitch must be raking in some major cash.

i was furious that she was throwing my money at me

she had like three sanguine items so i think she's supposed to be kind of a Big Deal but then i stabbed her a hundred times with an ebony shortsword and she was too stunlocked to throw anything anymore

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i got that "you must be a thief" line in some Telvanni town, and assumed it was because she was at a really low disposition to my character (i forgot i had killed a coprus stalker for her)

i was about to engage in some racist murder until she finished the line

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

aldruhn thieves guild quest to nick a devil tanto replaces the mages guild npcs with a "you must be a thief!!" dude. i think they don't come back until you grab the tanto and turn it in. did you take that quest?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

whoa.. balmora's a lot smaller than i expected... still, everyone loves me now that i got rid of those breeding netch...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It is kind of hilarious that they went to the trouble to write these cool stories about the game's master trainers but in the actual game one of them just plain doesn't work

quote:

Additionally, if you are using the LeFemm Armor official plugin, Sirollus will be wearing a complete set of Gold Armor - which looks somewhat odd on him, as the armor was designed to be worn only by female characters. This is one of only three sets of this armor available in the game. (It's possible the developers gave him the armor intending him to have it for sale, without taking into account the fact that he would automatically put it on instead.)

e: You seem like... very good company

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 1, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

all i wanted... was a pair of booooooots

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i remember doing that myself with the construction kit a decade ago

i also remember bretons saying "HO, FRIEND. HOW A-BOUT A POTION TO-DAY" which is weird because there can't be that many breton alchemists, Caldera notwithstanding

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Heavy Lobster posted:

the only real reason to dislike him is if you followed Morrowind before release and Todd "He Lied People Died" Howard talked up the Fargoth quest (and by extension the rest of Morrowind's quests) as much as he did Radiant AI, etc

oh my god Fargoth was in promotional material?

someone decided Fargoth should be in promotional material?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i forgot about that catwoman in Pelagiad and her quest line that goes on and on...

never did her "steal a flamemirror robe" thing before, but i did it and gave her the robe and she's like "hey, have 20 ebony throwing stars!"

khajiit just gave me 40000 gold

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i would like to own a scrib irl

it would thump its tail on things and paralyse burgulars

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

scrib pics

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU