Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
morrowind has a ton of cool things in it and a ton of cool ways to break it

if it were possible not to break it it'd be one of the least fun games but I don't think it's possible not to break it in one way or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
xbox morrowind owns, people had to make a program to fix its saves

It stores every single container you open and what is/was in it with no regards for a max size so your save can get so large the xbox's ram can't handle loading it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SunAndSpring posted:

Not to mention that if you have too many things in one area, a bottomless bag will spawn, devour a few of the items permanently, and keep the rest inside of it.

this happens in oblivion and it's not even done right there, I had Cheydinhall to the point of unplayability from the dupe glitch and was trying really hard to make it work again and couldn't get one to appear and help

we don't go to cheydinhall anymore

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Broken Box posted:

Enchant Almalexia's soul into a pair of pants for comedy option or if you're a pragmatic jerk for spell charges on a Daedric Tower Shield

THEN put Vivec's in Azura's Star with the rest of the named Dagoths and also the souls of named ghosts and poo poo because gently caress ARKAY

^^^^^^:respek: never not enchant her poo poo soul into useless enchanted undergarments

I miss having 300 equipment slots, all of which work with enchanting

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Someone was talking poo poo about Barbas in Skyrim earlier

never finish that quest, Barbas is insane

i entered a cave once at like level 30 and he just shot off like a rocket, by the time I had caught up with him he'd eaten a Master Vampire and all of its thralls and was just sitting there all casual

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
fortify restoration in skyrim is almost as powerful as fortify intelligence on potions in morrowind

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
daggerfall is worse than morrowind in Weird poo poo
from patchlogs:
Final patch:

-When you are infected by a werewolf, you now become a werewolf instead
of a wereboar.
-You will no longer start the game with negative spell points after
you created your character. The problem with the negative hit points
still exists however.

Earlier ones:
-Illegally bashing down doors no longer gives you a revered legal
reputation when you are caught.
-Randomly created monsters in quests now always have their
items equipped. They should be more challenging now
-The Create Item spell has been updated. It no longer creates items
that do not exist in the game.
-Equipping the Wabberjack no longer crashes the game.
-The bug where instead of having to pay money to summon Daedra, you
get paid money has been fixed. You will no longer get paid to
do this.
-The skeleton no longer walks backwards.
-The Dark Brotherhood no longer offers the same quests as the
Fighters Guild.

How to steal in Daggerfall:
Go to a shop
Wait x number of hours without the guards noticing. The shop will close and the shopkeeper will remain in there, but you can now steal off the shelves
Steal everything off the shelves, sell it to the shopkeeper who has been watching you awkwardly for the whole time
find another store

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you picked Medium Armor you deserved to be hunted

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Blue Raider posted:

that doesnt sound appealing or fun. ill pass

it's the greatest rear end in a top hat santa simulator ever

*glides into town in cart, goes down chimneys, steals everything*

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Sanctum posted:

What's a good house to permanently crash in? I've done Caldera before, the houses I've broken into in Balmora all are lacking sufficient containers to bother with.

e: Forgot that mark/recall existed. Maybe I should be creative and find a tomb somewhere.

I almost always use that Khajit merchant's house in Balmora, or the guy's across the street. They're both pretty nice and have some containers.

I set up Morroblivion for a friend today. It's strange to see the meteor over Vivec while standing in Seyda Neen, and to see someone cast magic without waving around trying to get past fatigue/fail rates.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

omg chael crash posted:

MGO or Morrowblivion? Which is better for fun!?

do both with the same character and compare :v:

MGSO owns, morroblivion owns for different reasons

Morrowind mods add a lot to the game, but morroblivion lets you do wacky poo poo that isn't in the original and would be the most ridiculous thing if you could dualwield since most of the daedric artifacts are in both and look different. you can't break magic in the same way anymore, but you can do things like making 30ft tall slinkies of Ordinator armor using a stack of scrolls and some menu shenanigans. You can also get on a boat and go to Oblivion and go do that whole quest, and if you add in FCOM you'll have morrowind classic and oblivion modded out that you can hop between

Morroblivion doesn't give you the wacky alchemy or some of the spell effects or the general Morrowind experience of being an inept gently caress who gradually works their way to the top (or goes full Nerevarine and just steals everything they want and powergames 1 second duration spells and menus pausing) and you also have to deal with the classic fighting style of miss sound, miss sound, cliff racer yell, miss sound, splat, miss sound, cliff racer yell, miss sound. Morroblivion's scroll of icarian flight is also poo poo which is a dealbreaker for the choosy Nerevarine.

i wish that one fallout 3/new vegas mod hadn't restarted from scratch because it was similarly bonkers

edit: forgot to mention that morrowind has hilarious animations versus oblivion's bland ones that are balanced out by having ragdolls

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

it could be worse! they could be randomly generated.

Daggerfall's random generation is typical Bethesda quality and I usually save before entering a dungeon, go in, jam my head through the roof using Climbing to clip out and see the whole map, and load my save if there's something horribly broken.

All of the endings being canon and happening at the same time owns. "Yeah for a little while we had like five Numidiums running around. Terrible creatures." (It just says all 5 factions got control of Numidium, but I like to think there were 5 stomping around and nobody cared all that much)

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mortimer posted:

Morroblivion sucks, you can get the same view distance with MGSO. The oblivion engine makes me gag with how not fun it is to play. OG morrowind or norrowind at all :colbert:

It is another way to walk through Morrowind so it is automatically okay in my eyes.

Do any of the Morrowind megapacks include Tamriel Rebuilt and all of that?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mortimer posted:

And all that? TR is just tr_mainland.esm and tr_data.esm. It isn't included because it isn't done and MGSO doesn't want to deal with tech support, but it's in recommended add ons on one of their pages.

As far as I saw the Chocolate Morrowind pack/the original Morrowind pack in the Megathread were mainly QoL improvements and I didn't know if there was some crazy pack like FCOM/New Vegas' Convergence for it.

I'll build up a modpack myself using Chocolate as a starter, I guess

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SunAndSpring posted:

Better that than Oblivion and Skyrim's Tolkien-land settings.

Also, Persona is the worst Shin Megami Tensei spin-off series.

I'm pretty sure Demikids is the worst

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I always level acrobatics by crossing any hill i find on my path between two cities and hammering on jump.

thunkthunkthunkthunkthunkthunkthunk

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Cannot Find Server posted:

i do this too even though i ctd 100% more often doing it.

there's also a tiny chance of punching through the hill (especially that loving bear trap of a hill outside balmora) and ending up in the hidden secret ocean under the landmass

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

i hate everything posted:

Or you could stick with the two handed thing and grab the Daedric Crescent. One of my favorite weapons in the game. Only a few hoops to jump through to get it.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Daedric_Crescent

This is Dangerhouse: drop a Mark here and use Almsivi intervention to get out and hope you never accidentally cast Mark again.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Cantorsdust posted:

Out of curiosity, where does Almsivi intervention take you from there?

It pops you over to Vivec. I don't know if deleting Mark would be enough of a safeguard.

It'd probably be better to dupe the item you used to get there in case of emergency, but that's no fun. Dangerhouse forever.

Also it gets you a second Daedric Crescent that you can use to uh... whatever it is you'd do with a second one. and there's an amulet that CTDs you.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I have been playing Morroblivion because my roommate wanted a copy and I booted it up out of boredom, and it's got fcom and oblivionxp and a bunch of stuff added to it.

Cyrodiil is a boring slog and after two hours I had a better spell and a sword with 20 charges of mediocre.

I went over to Vvardenfell and had 4 Jinkblades and assorted rad light armor and most of the Redoran vault funneled into Creeper in 20 minutes, and was hanging out with Ernand Thierry and making broke rear end potions.

reinstalling morrowind, gently caress morroblivion, the only benefit to it is to ignore oblivion's setting completely and romp around vvardenfell in a new engine with different buggy quirks

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Zero Star posted:

The first Morrowind mod I ever made just reduced everyone to half-size

it made getting up the ramp to the silt strider at Seyda Neen much harder

make every guard in every Elder Scrolls game randomly either 1/4 size or 2x size

it makes running from guards/the siege of kvatch/robbing vaults in Vivec more amusing.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
when I first started and didn't know how to really break Morrowind I used to gather all the sujamma I could and chug all of them I had when anything really dangerous showed up

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

FreudianSlippers posted:

What is actually the difference between Colovian Imperials and Nibenese Imperials?
I think the Colovians are supposed to be slightly more Nordic influenced and wear cool fur hats but that's all I got. Of course in Skyrim there was literally no difference at all.

Colovians rain from the sky way more often

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
He was wearing Colovian gear so I guess I racially profiled him based on his outfit

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

one day bethesda's going to make a non-hosed game and it will be unplayable

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

How did you do this? Enchant gear with fortify enchant, equip it, enchant better fortify enchant gear, and so on?

All fortify effects on gear (and probably more than that) are restoration. Boosting your Restoration skill makes all restoration effects increase, even those.

Make a potion of Fortify Restoration and drink it, then put all your Fortify Alchemy gear and make another, then take off all of it and repeat.

It's Morrowind as gently caress. :v:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Get to the point where you can confidently take on an NPC in a fight

Then pick a direction and go until you find something cool, and go into it.

Leave, pick another direction, and go.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

omg chael crash posted:

I'm going to just say it: Morrowind is played better as Morroblvion than regular or MGO.

Also, I liked that Red Eagle book in Skyrim that had the dude running at his enemies naked in the frozen north with just his fiery sword or whatever.

latepost: no

Morroblivion is a Cool Thing that should be played but it's not Morrowind and the only thing you get out of it if you start there is the urge to not ever take Jiub's boat to Cyrodiil. On that note: Jiub's boat never leaves so he either goes and takes a nap in the ship, stumbles around in Seyda Neen, or walks into the wilderness, never to be seen again.

I have FCOM/Morroblivion set up to play until Chocolate Pack 1.0 is out and the only part of Oblivion, even with FCOM, that I'm looking forward to is smashing into Cyrodiil like the goddamn Kool-Aid man with broken Morrowind stuff and flattening the game as fast as possible.

They also hosed up the Scroll of Icarian Flight and it's more the Scroll of Icarian Slow Trampoline to Death but they made Tinur's Hoptoad like a hundred times radder.

Another neat touch: Using Almsivi intervention can't help you in Cyrodiil because "You are out of the Tribunal's reach."

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Nothing but the original game can correctly render jiub.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Minarchist posted:

It's not from a poorly crafted scroll you snagged off a badly dressed Bosmer outside Seyda Neen, is it?

I think you mean the best scroll in the game if you have a ring of 1% slowfall

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Gobblecoque posted:

holy poo poo is this seriously what morroblivion looks like why do people loving play that

that screenshot's from a few years ago and is running on an Intel 945 GPU on a budget core 2 duo, the only reason there's any lighting at all is because that's the only time i turned tlb off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uxVfhjr90w I don't know what the voices are doing in this video because all scripted voices work in the real thing. This looks better though

SunAndSpring posted:

Dagoth Ur's face in that is a Dwemer shield and some rubies on top of a standard Dunmer model in a loincloth. No joke.

I will grab a screenshot when I get there.

edit: here's one from google:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the one time I tried morroblivion every door was locked because RADIANT AI so I couldnt go into stores or anything unless I unlocked them one at a time from the console

I had to break into Ghorak Manor (essential place for Nerevarines) and everyone immediately went hostile in there and pulled weapons, including one guy trying to punch me and hitting another of them

All of them chased me out and had a grand battle royale with the entire guard populace, who usually greet me in Morrowind with a chant in Unison of the same line but don't do so in Morroblivion

Long story short, I had like 12 dudes worth of loot to carry to Creeper.

edit: None of the infinite inventories exist in Morroblivion and I don't think Morrowind shopkeepers restock

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
You can't pay gold to guards, they take you to prison no matter what. edit: You can pay but you still get pulled to the nearest prison for... I dunno, it's the closest automated teller mudcrab

edit:

Some things actually look good

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 2, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I made a ring of Assassinate rear end in a top hat for usage on dudes I don't like and it's a hell of a lot less subtle than it was in Morrowind

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Disco Infiva posted:

That's because it's a helmet. As soon as he takes it off, his face will leak out as it should be.

the first guy is clipped into the wall. I was going to drag them next to each other and see if they were identical indoriltwins. It looks like they are

new game: tell me to go find something in morrowind and i will find it and see if they hosed it up. I will take video of the best fuckup things.

edit: who the gently caress can see me, i'm in a sealed vault with nobody else in it? is a storm atronach in another cell going to rat on me to the other dead ordinator??

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SunAndSpring posted:

Why are the loving artifacts in Skyrim so lovely? I mean, I just found the Cuirass of the Saviour's Hide, and it only has like 15 magic resistance compared to the 60 or so it had in Morrowind.

They're all levelled so the earlier you get it the more useless it is.

Except for that one which is always poo poo. The only value to it is sometimes after you skin the werewolf and take a nap, its skin respawns AND it respawns so it's just standing around watching you skin it over and over for money.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I used Mehrune's Razor through the entire game and dualwielded so there was a reasonable chance that stuff I was fighting just fell over.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I am going to also play Skywind because I am okay with playing bootleg knockoffs of Morrowind. :v: There is never enough Morrowind.

Gonna dualwield Umbras just for the hell of it! edit 2: except I gotta console the Skyrim one or use the console to go to whatever Skyrim has for testinghall

edit: There is no way to travel to Skyrim from Morrowind right now and I am completely fine with that aside from not being able to use that broken as gently caress mod that lets you disenchant any item in the game to eat all the lovely Daedric artifacts

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 3, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mortimer posted:

Umbra is a 2-hander in morrowind you filthy loving s'wit

Oh no, my failing memory has once again struck me

maybe I can dupe Eltonbrands or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Black Pants posted:

You're also missing out on a big part of Morrowind if you can't eventually jump between Vivec's cantons by virtue of Acrobatics skill. Skywind can never give you that.

Morroblivion has this stuff re-implemented and somewhere out there is a mod that allows spell creation in Skyrim. It shouldn't be hard to make that happen.

• Locked thread