Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

VagueRant posted:

I hate this dumb show so much. Everything post season 6 has been to me what season 8 of Dexter was to the rest of you.

But sure, why not? If the showrunner around season 2 laughed off the idea of bringing Jack's DAD into the drama, then why not commit to the pranky jokey fake ending they wrote for season 2 back then too? Let's bring Nina back! Evil Robo Palmer too. We've already got magic glasses, for chrissake.

(Disclaimer: this post was written by someone who gave up on Dexter after season 6 and might not have actually seen the bottom of the barrel.)

I liked the inclusion of Jack's dad and Jack's brother. I really enjoyed the escalation of Jack's misery, as horrible as that sounds. Like, before Season 6 I would have said Jack has lost everything. How much shittier can Jack's life get? However, the writers of 24 continuously surprised me by giving Jack more and more to lose. The very last thing Jack has is Kim and honestly I am blown away that someone from the first episode of the show is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Mary Lynn Rajskub @rajskub · 7h 7 hours ago

Guy sitting right next to me. 'Have you ever watched the show 24?' Yes

'Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Chloe from 24?' Yes

'You look just like her' pulls up a photo. 'See there you are' that is actually me . 'Oh really? Ha my friends say I look like Jack Bauer'

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The biggest fail in tv history? That's a bold claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzPDEirVTZk

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
That last scene is hilarious, and if they play it straight in an upcoming season the retcon will be even more hilarious.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was just a fun cameo for fans. They're not going to retcon that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
To be fair, I'm certain nobody expected them to bring back Tony from the dead and dismissed early rumors just as easily.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Gonz posted:

Ahahahahha oh my god how did I not know this existed

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

HookShot posted:

Ahahahahha oh my god how did I not know this existed

I saw that years ago on someone's Facebook page, and laughed so hard I was weeping. Tears were streaming down my face from joy. The fact that it's completely out of context made it so much better.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I never liked Tony.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

To be fair, I'm certain nobody expected them to bring back Tony from the dead and dismissed early rumors just as easily.

Didn't plenty of people expect it, especially due to the lack of a silent clock (which was intentional)? And being injected with something that made his heart stop then moved out of sight quickly isn't very conclusive, compared to being nuked.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Gonz posted:

The acting is better in this scene.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BreakAtmo posted:

Didn't plenty of people expect it, especially due to the lack of a silent clock (which was intentional)? And being injected with something that made his heart stop then moved out of sight quickly isn't very conclusive, compared to being nuked.

They said it was intentional way after the fact. They were like "well we didn't know fans found them so significant, but now we do." later.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I liked the inclusion of Jack's dad and Jack's brother. I really enjoyed the escalation of Jack's misery, as horrible as that sounds. Like, before Season 6 I would have said Jack has lost everything. How much shittier can Jack's life get? However, the writers of 24 continuously surprised me by giving Jack more and more to lose. The very last thing Jack has is Kim and honestly I am blown away that someone from the first episode of the show is still alive.

Personally I thought it was petty loving overboard to kill Audrey.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

VJeff posted:

As overboard as it was- it was worth it for Heller's last scene.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Killing Audrey wasn't overboard, it was fan service. Proof that 24 loves us and writes in mysterious ways.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

nooneofconsequence posted:

I never liked Tony.

I'm with you on this tony was always lame as gently caress compared to jack.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

VJeff posted:

Anything to get rid of Oodrey was worth it.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

They were never that consistent with the silent clock enough to know for sure if a character is dead or not - all the people who were "right" could just as easily been wrong.
The writers only came out and said they left it vague after they brought him back.

Josh Lyman posted:

Anything to get rid of Oodrey was worth it.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I love that even in that 7 minute short they still manage to get in Tony's signature exhale around 4:55.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I figured it out! The reason we never see Jack Bauer go to the bathroom is because he's constantly constipated, a side effect of his eternal love for cheese. That is why he's always pissed off and yelling at everyone. It would also explain his hatred of Charles Logan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5v9i04XsqU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Sorry to necro the thread, but there's a rumour that 24 might continue without Kiefer.

https://twitter.com/TVGuideMagazine/status/556522971074818048

I can see the show continuing without him as the star, Kate was a pretty awesome LadyJack and I'd be happy to see her take over the lead.
If they do another season I hope they at least resolve Jacks story, it'd suck if it just ended with him going to a Russian Prison. I can't imagine his story ending with anything else them him dying in a hail of gunfire protecting Kim.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Not watching no-Jack 24 unless they replace him with David Hayter

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, there's no such thing as 24 without Jack Bauer/Kiefer Sutherland to me. If the show continues without either of those key elements, it will instantly be dead to me and I'll have no interest in seeing what they do with it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
You can't have 24 without Jack, sorry.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
In the same story, they're talking about bringing back Prison Break.

:psyduck:

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's been a rough couple of years for FOX.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Mister Kingdom posted:

As long as they can keep their superweapons from The Flash, I'm down with it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, there's no such thing as 24 without Jack Bauer/Kiefer Sutherland to me. If the show continues without either of those key elements, it will instantly be dead to me and I'll have no interest in seeing what they do with it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What the hell is there to bring back for Prison Break. Everyone hated how it false-started for so long and the last like, two seasons were entirely unnecessary. Then there was the grand finale TV movie that got dumped direct to DVD.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
It's kind of funny how the Tony DVD scene peaked our interest. If Jackless 24 becomes a thing, I guess it's like every other DVD mid-quel where it ended up not mattering.

But why would they not have Jack? If we get more 24, it has to be with Jack, and has to be happy ending Jack. :unsmith:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

BRING BACK JACK

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I remember watching Season 3 and picking up vibes that they were trying to ease Jack out for Chase to lead the show. Thankfully, they must have got a note for Fox about the show's formula "Hands off!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'll preface by saying that I LOVED Prison Break but that story has absolutely nowhere to go. Seriously, it went off the loving rails that last season. It's done.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

wordsauce posted:

I figured it out! The reason we never see Jack Bauer go to the bathroom is because he's constantly constipated, a side effect of his eternal love for cheese. That is why he's always pissed off and yelling at everyone. It would also explain his hatred of Charles Logan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5v9i04XsqU

It all makes sense now

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
While watching the last season I was like "Hmm yeah I guess I can see them continuing with Kate instead of Jack."

But now it's just like... nah. I'd have a hard time mustering up enough interest to start watching again if it didn't have Jack. And I'm pretty sure most viewers will feel the same way.

I'm also still moderately upset that 24: Die Hard Another Day never happened. Especially since the last Die Hard movie took place in Russia, and the last season of 24 ended with Jack going to Russia. Of course, Die Hard 5 came out before Live Another Day, but... so close. (It sure as hell would've made DH5 better. What wouldn't have?)

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I don't know, 24 without Jack would kind of be worth it just for when the JACK OUT OF NOWHERE moment happened, if they managed to keep such a thing from being advertised/spoiled.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Sir Lemming posted:

While watching the last season I was like "Hmm yeah I guess I can see them continuing with Kate instead of Jack."

But now it's just like... nah. I'd have a hard time mustering up enough interest to start watching again if it didn't have Jack. And I'm pretty sure most viewers will feel the same way.

I'm also still moderately upset that 24: Die Hard Another Day never happened. Especially since the last Die Hard movie took place in Russia, and the last season of 24 ended with Jack going to Russia. Of course, Die Hard 5 came out before Live Another Day, but... so close. (It sure as hell would've made DH5 better. What wouldn't have?)

They actually wanted to do a Die Hard movie where John McClane and Jack Bauer teamed up, but it never got off the ground.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

BrandonGK posted:

They actually wanted to do a Die Hard movie where John McClane and Jack Bauer teamed up, but it never got off the ground.
Good. :colbert:

I can't imagine why people want more Die Hard after 4 and 5.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

BrandonGK posted:

Oh I know, that's the only reason I was thinking about it.

Echo Chamber posted:

Good. :colbert:

I can't imagine why people want more Die Hard after 4 and 5.

I guess DH5 was just so depressingly bad that I'm longing for what could have been.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'd be down for 24 where Jack's the grizzled adviser who takes the backburner for most of it but definitely not 24 completely absent Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its weird - before Live Another Day I was totally on-board a reboot of 24 without Kiefer. And Strahovski really made a great impression.

But now, at this moment, it just doesn't feel right.

• Locked thread