Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

Ours is just a big rectangle with a couple of booths and a bunch of tables. There are three computers in little cubicle-like areas. We have a TV next to the table covered in medical insurance info from 2021.
We used to have three microwaves and two fridges. One of each broke. They've yet to replace them. TBF to the fridge, though, it's just a freezer that won't go above 20F now. The toaster oven has years of carbon build up and smokes within 2 minutes of being turned on.
The fridges and microwaves are the commercial ones from the restaurant that used to be leased out but has been vacant for years and recently gutted. It's chair storage now.

Wow that's uh.. depressing. Do people actually hangout in there? If so are they bringing laptops or console's to play videogames? Sleeping in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Some people browse their phones. Others bring laptops or tablets. I've seen a few folks reading from time to time.
You usually know who's been in there recently based on what channel the TV is on.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

its all nice on rice posted:

I was going to laugh at even more mandatory training and say that chronicly being understaffed an overworked probably have more to do with incidents than anything else. Then I read the comments to this and just :lol:
Yes, it's a lax dress code, too many young, "unqualified" controllers, and a lack of senior controllers that's the real issue

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/faa-mandates-monthly-refreshers-for-controllers/

The beatings will continue until aviation safety improves.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Is anyone here at HCF in Hawaii or know someone there? Can you tell me why all those people are so fukkin weird?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
There was a NYT reporter on the atc subreddit fishing for people to tell stories a while back. I think this is their story?. Seems pretty accurate, won't fix anything.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

fknlo posted:

There was a NYT reporter on the atc subreddit fishing for people to tell stories a while back. I think this is their story?. Seems pretty accurate, won't fix anything.

gently caress you with a rake, Mister Lehner.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

We still have anyone at ZJX? Curious how the FAA’s “No HRT this year it’s dumb and pointless hold my beer” plan is gonna play out.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
This isn't surprising at all they are on the forefront of dumb poo poo.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Anyone headed to CFS?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Krime posted:

Anyone headed to CFS?

I am not, but I can confirm that there is a goon going.

:ninja:

I will allow him to make his identity known or not.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Krime posted:

Anyone headed to CFS?

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I've been there for years.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It’s been raining in south Florida for like 48 hours now. Just to make sure everything is awful, the sewer main directly in front of ZMA just let loose.

It’s a little too on-the-nose for my usual comedic style. Super glad I’m off today.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

It’s been raining in south Florida for like 48 hours now. Just to make sure everything is awful, the sewer main directly in front of ZMA just let loose.

It’s a little too on-the-nose for my usual comedic style. Super glad I’m off today.

Gonna get the poop trailer again?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Speaking of poop: apparently there have been multiple instances in the main men's room (and one in the women's) of poop being smeared on the walls. They've posted notices on every bathroom door in the building about hygiene and how our custodial staff work their asses off to clean this place. I guess it isn't a case of "really had to go and exploded before they sat down."

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Boss makes a dollar, I don't make that at all
That's why I poo poo on company walls

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I’m pretty sure the offender has retired, which is why it hasn’t happened in awhile, but our control room men’s room used to get put out of commission by giant wads of toilet paper about every other month or so.

Just the classiest people imaginable.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
There was someone at ZDV who had to have been just pissing all over their balls to get the giant piss puddle under one of the urinals. I always thought it was the guy that never washed his hands.

Iucounu
May 12, 2007

There was a mystery man at my last facility who would smear boogers on the wall at one specific urinal. It would look like a Jackson Pollock from hell before it got cleaned up, just to be restarted within a week at most

TangoFox
Jan 29, 2016

Iucounu posted:

There was a mystery man at my last facility who would smear boogers on the wall at one specific urinal. It would look like a Jackson Pollock from hell before it got cleaned up, just to be restarted within a week at most

Only one? We had like a dozen. And we also had people that would poo poo in the urinals.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

TangoFox posted:

Only one? We had like a dozen. And we also had people that would poo poo in the urinals.

Have. We have people that poo poo in the urinals.

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
I don't like you because you're dangerous

MrYenko posted:

Have. We have people that poo poo in the urinals.

Thread title plz

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
We have people getting picked up in Chris Hansen style kiddy diddling stings

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
We had that too but the guy blew his head off instead of facing consequences.

RIP to that poo poo head.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Had the at least third person at this facility in the last 10 years commit suicide over the weekend. Not either of the kiddy diddlers either. I didn't know know the guy but I talked to him pretty much daily. Just loving sucks

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Today is one of those days where I’m ok not being a controller in my old area as they get hammered again on eclipse day. Check out southern Illinois on ads b exchange and laugh.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The eclipse that hit the PNW about 6ish? Years back was right before I got to ZSE. Not sad I missed it. D-side and tracker everywhere (if they had the staffing lol.)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
MASSIVE schedule changes inc. 10 hours between shifts and 12 hours before a mid. 90 day implementation. Gonna be fun!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just got our union email about the meeting they had. Admin sounds out of his gourd. Things gonna get spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The given timeline plus zero notification to NATCA is pretty wild. Having said that, this is something that should have been done a long time ago. The 2-2-1 not being taken out back and shot whenever the original studies showed that it was the absolute worst possible thing we could be working shows that neither NATCA or the agency actually gave a gently caress about fatigue issues. You can't have a serious talk about fatigue without the most common schedule rotation getting blown up. The reaction to this at my facility has been way more positive than I thought it would be.