Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
4 people that I know that applied said they failed the biographical check or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008

The Ferret King posted:

Finally, I can say I met someone who actually made it through the hiring announcement screen. He's enrolled in a CTI school, and also controls on VATSIM, how about that (flightsim goons who know me, know that I also control on VATSIM, because I have no life.)

Don't worry, goons who applied, I'm thinking there will be several more opportunities going forward. Hopefully they let more people in on the next announcement.

Where at? I do a pretty routine flight from lax to las every now and then

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
Did anyone here know or work with Dennis(I think that was his name)? He just retired in October from ORD tower and I always enjoyed when he was working, he was funny and still good at his job, at least it seemed like that way from a pilot’s perspective. But anyway I heard that he was from New York and worked over at JFK and got into a fist fight with another controller and at ORD people didn’t like working with him because he never really communicated with other controllers

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008

MrYenko posted:

Bitter old gently caress? Nope, none of those in this profession. Not a single one.

Well to me it’s surprising because at least over the radio he made it seemed like he was having a good time