Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Hearing that someone threatened to have deals if they were "forced" to recertify is a new one for me. It doesn't shock me with this person but god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

ZMA presently has a CPCIT that got here just before COVID, saw the level of traffic we work and said "NOPE" and has been scamming his way out of training for more than two years now. He was recently caught LIVING FULL-TIME IN THE ANNEX AND SHOWERING IN THE TECH-OPS SHOWERS DOWNSTAIRS and collecting level 12 CPC save-pay while his transfer paperwork gathers dust on some desk somewhere.

Motherfucker don't even step to me with dysfunctional facility stories. :colbert:

That's really good. The agency has to have some sort of system in place to weed out most of the "I will literally never get fired for anything I do" examples because otherwise the FAA would be full of them and congress would have to act to solve the dysfunction.

I wish I could go into any sort of detail but can't because of my position. In absolutely completely unrelated news, I'm finally going to get the liability insurance that supervisors can get.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
It’s my last day at ZDV :toot:

I’ve genuinely not minded it here as a supervisor but I’m glad to finally be getting home. I definitely took the correct path since we haven’t released a controller in like 3 years. Everyone is applying to sup jobs now. I’m also getting out at a good time because staffing on the supervisor end has suddenly gotten lovely on top of a few other things.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

Headed to ZKC right?

Yup! I’m excited to see what horrors await.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/florida-flight-delays-faa-issue/index.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ZMA ran out of CIDs and I wasn’t at work.

I've said this before, but remove being able to use the code for inputs and make the CID 4 digits. You shouldn't run out with the availability of letters but they have limits on what can be used for some reason that's probably really stupid but would crash the system otherwise.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
ZFW is gonna have 4 different areas with a total of 1 person in them for the evening. That could be fun.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Lol sick hits and not enough eligible to cover with OT?

3 days of ice storm making the roads impassable.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

The r/ATC thread on the Austin close call has some very interesting info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ATC/commen...utm_name=iossmf

Thoughts?

I’m sure they’ll be an asset to the agency at their next facility.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

Like half the replies are a permutation of “ah, a new supervisor!”

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUiHaXVUYH0

What's that, you guys wanted another one?

The best part of all this is the ones that don't get the attention of anyone outside the agency. They were talking about something at KMIA in the reddit thread on this yesterday.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

its all nice on rice posted:

Curious what OT looks like in other facilities. Coming into spring, we have almost everyone on OT every week. Even those of us on the no list. Management is starting to send out sick leave abuse letters to people who consistently call in on their OT shifts.

My area isn't too bad. The area across from us is in much worse shape. There'll definitely be more OT as we get into thunderstorm/prime time leave season. Just the way it works these days.

The area I was a supervisor in at Denver was in pretty bad shape. So was the area I'd been a controller in there. They'd both been on pretty solid 6 day weeks since the start of the year last year. I'm pretty sure all the no's were well over 200 hours the year before too.

I'm not looking at people's leave usage unless specifically told to, but when you bang in on every single overtime your fellow controllers are going to constantly bring it up and then it gets attention and you'll get a talkin to. Calling in for every single overtime will get attention. I don't want them either but you gotta show up for some.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Strategic Tea posted:

If only we had more managers to make sure everyone did their work on time!!

You called?

:v:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Not at work, but apparently there was a fire at Potomac TRACON and all those airports have been ground stopped for hours?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
There was a NYT reporter on the atc subreddit fishing for people to tell stories a while back. I think this is their story?. Seems pretty accurate, won't fix anything.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

It’s been raining in south Florida for like 48 hours now. Just to make sure everything is awful, the sewer main directly in front of ZMA just let loose.

It’s a little too on-the-nose for my usual comedic style. Super glad I’m off today.

Gonna get the poop trailer again?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
There was someone at ZDV who had to have been just pissing all over their balls to get the giant piss puddle under one of the urinals. I always thought it was the guy that never washed his hands.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
We have people getting picked up in Chris Hansen style kiddy diddling stings

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Had the at least third person at this facility in the last 10 years commit suicide over the weekend. Not either of the kiddy diddlers either. I didn't know know the guy but I talked to him pretty much daily. Just loving sucks

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Today is one of those days where I’m ok not being a controller in my old area as they get hammered again on eclipse day. Check out southern Illinois on ads b exchange and laugh.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
MASSIVE schedule changes inc. 10 hours between shifts and 12 hours before a mid. 90 day implementation. Gonna be fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The given timeline plus zero notification to NATCA is pretty wild. Having said that, this is something that should have been done a long time ago. The 2-2-1 not being taken out back and shot whenever the original studies showed that it was the absolute worst possible thing we could be working shows that neither NATCA or the agency actually gave a gently caress about fatigue issues. You can't have a serious talk about fatigue without the most common schedule rotation getting blown up. The reaction to this at my facility has been way more positive than I thought it would be.