Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I don't know if it is appropriate to post here about it but I'm an ATCALS guy (or metnav or raws or techops or. . . whatever) who fixes all the bullshit that the the tower uses to do their job (with the exception of radar & lighting systems) as well as landing systems for the pilots and all that.

I'd love to answer any questions if anyone has some for the maintenance guy.

A question I have for the thread is, does anyone here have towers with solar-powered obstruction lights? We're looking at switching over to them for the tower cab due to a variety of circumstances, and the tower chief wants to know more about them ahead of time from another base or airport that already have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU