Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Houston center was closed for cleaning from 0400-1100z tonight. I didn't even know they had a case. We asked another center (atlanta?) if we could cut the corner through their space and were told no, even though it was 2 am and we were the only plane within 100nm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

PT6A posted:

Rule number one of Jordan Peterson club is: talk incessantly about Jordan Peterson club.

In the pilot world we have a special word to describe people like this. We call them assholes.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

cigaw posted:

Interesting! Thanks for the answer!

I wish there was an easier way of knowing when or where you might be refused one but I guess it just comes down to familiarity with the facilities around you. I imagine that being bounced over to FSS to file a plan after weather moved in would suck but screw the people gaming the system trying to airfile to Teterboro lol

Sometimes around big events that have a bunch of private jet level rich people attending you'll see a notam warning that pop up IFR clearances won't be available. Inevitably people still try. Apparently it was a total poo poo-show in AUS after the first F1 race there when something like 60+ bizjets all tried to get IFR clearances at basically the same time.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

Question from a pilot: If our clearance includes an RNAV SID when do tower controllers have to include "RNAV to (first fix)" as part of their takeoff clearance? Some towers will say it every time and treat it as a mandatory readback, some will say it but don't care if it gets read back, and some don't even mention it and just assume you're going to fly the SID you were assigned with your route clearance.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

aunt jenkins posted:

Not an ATC but nobody else has answered and I know the answer so. It's required when parallel departures are in use. From the .65, specifically 5-8-2:

This makes sense in an FAA sort of way. Parallel traffic, better remind them to turn! Aimed at the side of a mountain, no need to remind them because we already cleared them for it once.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

Did someone get transferred to Hawaii?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

Krime posted:

Anyone headed to CFS?

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I've been there for years.