Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Just noticed that OVO tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Flikken posted:

I mean we have to eventually get one right, right?

The odds keep getting better every time! :v:

Rap posted:

I'd agree if there was anything about the Browns that was the same between Brady Quinn's tenure and Manziel's. He won't have the same coaches, trainers, teammates, front office, ownership...At this point it's just a uniform in common

Huh! If the Browns have seriously cleaned out everyone who was responsible for last decade's poo poo-show, that's pretty intriguing.

I mean, for years the Browns has been the Bermuda Triangle of first-round hotshot college quarterbacks. I wouldn't know how to live in a world where one of them actually succeeds. :ohdear:

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...

Rap posted:

I'd agree if there was anything about the Browns that was the same between Brady Quinn's tenure and Manziel's. He won't have the same coaches, trainers, teammates, front office, ownership...At this point it's just a uniform in common

Even the name of the stadium is different. And parts of the stadium itself will be too.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They are also getting new uniforms in 2015 which will likely be ugly as poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In Week 10 I'm gonna be muttering, "maddeningly valuable" under my breath as Manziel leads a last minute game winning drive to the 27½ yard line in Cincinnati.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Gatts posted:

I hope this doesn't degenerate into weed chat but I just don't get it. Why throw it all away for weed. Why is that poo poo more important and that they got to revise policy for. Just don't smoke weed while employed in the NFL. Why is that so hard.

Note I have not smoked weed.

I can't find it, but one of the articles had a blurb how, as a part of the program/probation he's on, he could be tested up to ten times a month.

I mean, holy poo poo. Don't take a chance!

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Doctor Butts posted:

I can't find it, but one of the articles had a blurb how, as a part of the program/probation he's on, he could be tested up to ten times a month.

I mean, holy poo poo. Don't take a chance!

Cleveland should just hire a guy to follow him around 24/7 and mean mug Gordon when he gets any ideas.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Isn't pot supposed to be one of the best treatments for migraines and joint pain? That is probably why football mans like it.

Slow Getting Up had a blurb about it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

Just noticed that OVO tattoo.

Perhaps Drake is getting into the sports management business now?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eifert Posting posted:

Isn't pot supposed to be one of the best treatments for migraines and joint pain? That is probably why football mans like it.

There's many redeeming qualities to marijuana that all get offset by the rule that says Don't loving Smoke Marijuana.

Eventually the league will come around to it and realize pot smoking is no big deal, but until then, Gordon is an idiot.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

It's also one of the best treatments for living in Cleveland, but until there are no longer Very Bad Consequences for using it both financially and otherwise show a modicum of self-control

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Doltos posted:

There's many redeeming qualities to marijuana that all get offset by the rule that says Don't loving Smoke Marijuana.

Eventually the league will come around to it and realize pot smoking is no big deal, but until then, Gordon is an idiot.

How does that coincide with the legal states. I'm guessing NFL policy overrules it. What if there is a medical recommendation from a physician? I would imagine the physician's recommendation overrides NFL policy at that point.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ZenVulgarity posted:

How does that coincide with the legal states. I'm guessing NFL policy overrules it. What if there is a medical recommendation from a physician? I would imagine the physician's recommendation overrides NFL policy at that point.

Yes, the NFL bans hundreds if not thousands of otherwise legal supplements. Also, there are plenty of doctor prescribed drugs players can't take, though players can petition the league to allow them, which mostly happens with adderall and the like.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ZenVulgarity posted:

Even in legal states companies are still allowed to fire you if you violate their drug policy. New Jersey could become fully legalized tomorrow and I wouldn't have a leg to stand on if my company fires my rear end for toking.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Unless it was medical

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Weed isn't actually legal anywhere in the US.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dusseldorf posted:

Weed isn't actually legal anywhere in the US.

It's potentially legal if you stay in your little box, but the NFL isn't just in a little box.

In theory if the feds move marijuana off of the "totally bad drug with no medical value" label they *might* be able to allow medical marijuana but I doubt we're going to see recreational usage until it's legalized nationwide.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Unless it was medical

I have early onset menopause

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Doltos posted:

I have early onset menopause

Well you are a bitch.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Manziel has a WR!

@SportsCenter 27s
THIS JUST IN: Browns agree to terms with former Cowboys WR Miles Austin.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Sweeney Tom posted:

Manziel has a WR!

@SportsCenter 27s

They also signed Earl Bennett earlier today, I believe.

Not the greatest receivers in the world, but it's something.

amaranthine fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 15, 2014

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Sweeney Tom posted:

Manziel has a WR!

@SportsCenter 27s

Looks like we're about to find out if you can get a staph infection in your hamstrings!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Superbowl!!!

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Looking forward to posting that miles austin has all face holes replaced by his mouth pic.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hey man save that budget for Adrian and Calvin and Andre.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Browns released Greg Little.

Phil Taylor now the only Browns player left from the Julio Jones trade.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So....whose the #1 receiver for the Browns now?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kirios posted:

So....whose the #1 receiver for the Browns now?

When he's healthy, I can't imagine it won't be Austin, but that was going to be the case even before we dumped Little.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
#1 in the traditional "roles" or whatever would be Austin, #1 in "who do you run your passing game through" is gonna be Cameron I would hope. Among the other Browns receivers I think it would go: Andrew Hawkins, Nate Burleson, Travis Benjamin

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Great White Hope posted:

When he's healthy, I can't imagine it won't be Austin, but that was going to be the case even before we dumped Little.

So who will be the #1 receiver for the other 15 games

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Rasczak posted:

So who will be the #1 receiver for the other 15 games

Earl Bennett, former #1 receiver of the 2011 Bears.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's unreal how quickly JFF's situation deteriorated

Hey Browns, one Andre Johnson for both your firsts next year tia :v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Intruder posted:

It's unreal how quickly JFF's situation deteriorated

Not really, because Cleveland Browns.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I anticipate them trying to be a running team this year to take pressure off of Manziel, who I also figure will start after the Bye Week unless Hoyer is amazing. They have a group of competent but unexceptional receivers aside from Cameron, but we'll see how things shake out in training camp.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
So apparently during the draft JFF texted the Browns' QB coach and said, "I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together." Right now #wreckthisleague is trending on Twitter. Hey, this is definitely the most excitement there's been around the Browns in a long time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Text released - was a group text - browns sadness

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Man say what you will about the Browns receiver situation but JFF throwing passes to Andrew Hawkins will be so much fun to watch

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Vogon Poet posted:

So apparently during the draft JFF texted the Browns' QB coach and said, "I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together." Right now #wreckthisleague is trending on Twitter. Hey, this is definitely the most excitement there's been around the Browns in a long time.

I'd rather he be an overly cocky kid than have another Weeden "gosh I guess I'll just go out there and try my best, hope we can win" kind of guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bigass Moth posted:

I'd rather he be an overly cocky kid than have another Weeden "gosh I guess I'll just go out there and try my best, hope we can win" kind of guy.

Eli is the original Aw Shucks QB :colbert:

• Locked thread