Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Double post: apparently they released VY, which should save me $300 from my toxx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I would rock the hell out of a long snapper's jersey at games just for the reactions but custom jerseys are way too drat expensive

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hockles posted:

Double post: apparently they released VY, which should save me $300 from my toxx.

JFF > JWG?

:(

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Haden just got $45mil guaranteed. Boomshakalaka!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349979/article/joe-haden-browns-agree-on-fiveyear-extension

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Good move.

This secondary ought to be interesting.

My only regret is that they didn't re-sign TJ Ward and went for Whitner. I like Whitner, but it would have been fun to see Ward continue to grow with that team.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Welp, we all know what is coming next. He is going to all Gary Baxter and tear everything in both knees at the same time.

For extra comedic effect, it will be during some mundane task.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Gary Baxter owned. Destroys knee. Comes back, contests a jump ball, destroys both knees at once.

Oh, and PFT broke the Haden signing story. Grossi as recently as last week was saying a signing may be far off.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

quote:

“I actually told my agent that that’s not the place where I wanted to be,” Bridgewater said of Cleveland. “Throughout this entire process, I felt comfortable with the Minnesota Vikings. From every visit I had with the team, it was a family environment, the players are great guys, a great group of guys, so I felt comfortable wanting to play here.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/teddy-bridgewater-cleveland-wasnt-where-i-wanted-to-be/

Say what you will about JFF, but I recall reports back last fall of him saying he'd love to play in front of the Dawg Pound, and was rather cocky about it (in a good way).

There's a few Browns fans that would have rather have had Ted (I think I was one..I was an 1A, 1B type), but I think now it's even better we nabbed him.

e: It was in February, but still.

quote:

“If something happens, and it’s the Cleveland Browns, I’m going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland,” Manziel said to reporters John McClain of the Chronicle and Charean Williams of the Star-Telegram. “I don’t care if they’ve had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I’m going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl.”

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=28691

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 13, 2014

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I liked the signing of Whitner more when he was changing his name to Hitner. But since he stopped that gently caress him.

I am caught up in Johnny Football fever. I just bought my first browns jersey ever!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Gary Baxter owned. Destroys knee. Comes back, contests a jump ball, destroys both knees at once.

Oh, and PFT broke the Haden signing story. Grossi as recently as last week was saying a signing may be far off.

Holy crap I meant him(Baxter) in real life and didn't even know it. I used to work at a Costco in Texas during college, and I helped him load a bunch of expensive furniture & electronics into his SUV. Although wikipedia has him listed as a free agent, I asked him if he ever played sports and his response was, "Yea...I used to".

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I remember a second hand report that suggested RG3 thanked Washington for saving him from Cleveland. JFF playing politics by saying that about Browns. Very few wanna play for us in current condition.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Did anyone actually see JFF when he got drafted? Dude looked like he was about to burst into tears.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

swickles posted:

Did anyone actually see JFF when he got drafted? Dude looked like he was about to burst into tears.

Thinking you are the no1 overall pick to almost falling out of the first round to Cleveland has got to be some poo poo

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
You want to see some poo poo? How about 4th overall pick AJ Green's reaction to going to Cincinnati:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXzG4UY_TaQ

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FuzzySkinner posted:

“If something happens, and it’s the Cleveland Browns, I’m going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland,” Manziel said to reporters John McClain of the Chronicle and Charean Williams of the Star-Telegram. “I don’t care if they’ve had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I’m going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl.”

I... would probably care a whole bunch they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999.

Like, great attitude and all, I hope it works out for him and the Browns suddenly get really really good. But the odds really aren't in his favor here.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chokes McGee posted:

I... would probably care a whole bunch they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999.

Like, great attitude and all, I hope it works out for him and the Browns suddenly get really really good. But the odds really aren't in his favor here.

I mean we have to eventually get one right, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don't bet on sports

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

KettleWL posted:

You want to see some poo poo? How about 4th overall pick AJ Green's reaction to going to Cincinnati:

"What should I have for dinner?

... A burrito."

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

KettleWL posted:

watching that just reminds me that people seriously wanted the bengals to draft blaine gabbert lmao

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

John Brown posted:

Holy crap I meant him(Baxter) in real life and didn't even know it. I used to work at a Costco in Texas during college, and I helped him load a bunch of expensive furniture & electronics into his SUV. Although wikipedia has him listed as a free agent, I asked him if he ever played sports and his response was, "Yea...I used to".

He was one of those big name ( Baxter signed a six-year, $30 million free agent contract with the Browns that included a $10.5 million signing bonus. thx Wikipedia) FAs the Browns landed during the Phil Savage era who promptly suffered career ending injuries like LeCharles Bentley and Joe Jurevicis.

Kevin Shaffer also got one of those 6 year 36? million contracts then promptly was absolutely terrible.

I guess Eric Steinbach and his similar contract worked out, 4 or 5 good seasons then he fell off the face of the Earth.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I'd just like to chime in to say that Josh Gordon getting suspended without pay for an entire year would be one of the biggest travesties in the United States work force this year. Believe it or not, this affects all of our employers drug testing policies in the long-term. A high profile employer like the NFL deciding to be lenient on marijuana users could lead all of our employers to eventually not give a crap about their employees using it. If you love freedom, you should be on Josh Gordon's side, whether you use marijuana or not.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

watching that just reminds me that people seriously wanted the bengals to draft blaine gabbert lmao

I cringed seeing that because the very next second is one of the stuffed suits talking about this just being a replacement for Chad and not an upgrade. I still remember terrible talking points from '11. There's no hope for me, go on without.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Butthead posted:

I'd just like to chime in to say that Josh Gordon getting suspended without pay for an entire year would be one of the biggest travesties in the United States work force this year. Believe it or not, this affects all of our employers drug testing policies in the long-term. A high profile employer like the NFL deciding to be lenient on marijuana users could lead all of our employers to eventually not give a crap about their employees using it. If you love freedom, you should be on Josh Gordon's side, whether you use marijuana or not.
I hate freedom

Chokes McGee posted:

I'd agree if there was anything about the Browns that was the same between Brady Quinn's tenure and Manziel's. He won't have the same coaches, trainers, teammates, front office, ownership...At this point it's just a uniform in common

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rap posted:

I hate freedom

I'd agree if there was anything about the Browns that was the same between Brady Quinn's tenure and Manziel's. He won't have the same coaches, trainers, teammates, front office, ownership...At this point it's just a uniform in common

The current owner hires incompetent people to do incompetent things. Also people who have a choice don't want to live in Cleveland so you naturally get lower quality applicants.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Rap posted:

I hate freedom

Even the uniform is a little different.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Butthead posted:

Yeah right, once you let the reefer madness take hold you're like a few weeks out from a heroin overdose

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope this doesn't degenerate into weed chat but I just don't get it. Why throw it all away for weed. Why is that poo poo more important and that they got to revise policy for. Just don't smoke weed while employed in the NFL. Why is that so hard.

Note I have not smoked weed.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The current owner hires incompetent people to do incompetent things. Also people who have a choice don't want to live in Cleveland so you naturally get lower quality applicants.

Indeed, much as Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Boston are paradises,

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Cleveland is a cool town.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
NO, people hate it. Indianapolis and Houston are cool and good, people like those places. This is also the reason the Phoenix Cardinals and Miami Dolphins are very good and successful

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rap posted:

Indeed, much as Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Boston are paradises,

I like how you ignored the part I said about ownership.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I've expressed my dislike of Jimmy Haslam many times and I know the owner caused the better head coach candidates to say no.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rap posted:

I've expressed my dislike of Jimmy Haslam many times and I know the owner caused the better head coach candidates to say no.

I mean this in a nice way, but I hope he gets purged Donald Sterling style so the Browns can go on a ten year reign of terror and become as hated as the Patriots.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Rap posted:

NO, people hate it. Indianapolis and Houston are cool and good, people like those places. This is also the reason the Phoenix Cardinals and Miami Dolphins are very good and successful

Phoenix Cardinals

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Phoenix Cardinals

Well that was their name for 15 years.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Location of teams matters a lot which is why the Red Wings have always been terrible and the Packers are a forgotten team.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Legit though the "location of team" argument is really dumb

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Phoenix Cardinals

lmao i had just written phoenix and then added the team name and then i hit Tab and then Enter, which i prefer to clicking Submit Reply

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Arlington Texas is as aggressively mediocre as the team that plays there so there may be something to this

• Locked thread