Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Grittybeard posted:

I'm watching this on a delay I guess?

It seems like you're completely right in disliking Haslam but in a vacuum this move seems to be the right one to make to me :shrug:

It's just more of a trainwreck than before. Like this question about "one of the more dysfunctional sports franchises out there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Rap posted:

It's an investigation by the FBI and it's taking as long as many federal investigations take. A past court filing has sources claiming Haslam was in meetings where "rebate adjustments" aka fraud were openly discussed

If you think Haslam is going to end up in jail or suffering any real personal consequence because of the Flying J situation you haven't been paying attention to what's been going on in this country.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Rap posted:

It's just more of a trainwreck than before. Like this question about "one of the more dysfunctional sports franchises out there"

People view this as a great franchise, okay?

A wonderful opportunity.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
how loving dare he blame the media for the perception of the Browns being a train wreck. gently caress you you hick rear end in a top hat

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I love the reporter with the Public Perception problem question. Haslam's response is the longest stream of poo poo I've ever heard.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

FuzzySkinner posted:

Gotta love the Browns media sometimes.

Good God these press conferences own so loving hard

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

NC-17 posted:

If you think Haslam is going to end up in jail or suffering any real personal consequence because of the Flying J situation you haven't been paying attention to what's been going on in this country.

All we know so far is that some evidence is there

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Rap posted:

how loving dare he blame the media for the perception of the Browns being a train wreck. gently caress you you hick rear end in a top hat

He's getting gently caress nailed bud.

hahahaha

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ayn rand hand job posted:

Wrong connection. Manning has an inside track to Haslam.

Haslam is a big Vols booster. His brother is also the Governor of Tennessee.

No, I mean why would Manning have anything to say about Banner other than what he's heard. Manning doesn't appear to have ever worked with Banner before.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
"Pretty sure our ticket sales last year prove the city of Cleveland loves Jimmy Haslam and what the Browns are doing." - Jimmy Haslam

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wait are Pettine and Farmer both reporting to Haslam?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

finally an honest answer.

e: or did I misunderstand that?

Thought the NFL finally told him that this was a mess.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

:lol: there are two team-specific threads in SAS and they are both about the Browns unceremoniously firing someone who has been with the team less than 24 months.

Another tweet: Haslan's hired 4 guys to run his two properties the last two years and fired all of them.

MourningView posted:

I believe the term is Blue Chip. And somehow it is a category that includes Brian Hoyer. Or really anyone who happens to have hung out with Tom Brady for an extended period.

This is good news for Mike Kafka.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Of all the poo poo in this decision I agree with Haslam on this. Ray's already been working for us so that's not really an issue.

On the other hand he's so full of poo poo about the "opportunity here in Cleveland" what a loving rear end in a top hat.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
God drat Haslam is the master of deflection.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Oh my God shut your mouth.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
:clint:Tell us why you think the local media created the perception of ineptitude?

:a2m:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The fans are very passionate
the fans are very passionate
thefansareverypassionate
thfnsrvrypssnte

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bigass Moth posted:

God drat Haslam is the master of deflection.

Really? I feel like he's done an awful job and painted himself into a pretty bad corner.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The fans are very passionate
the fans are very passionate
thefansareverypassionate
thfnsrvrypssnte

they are

about wanting to kill him

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
"This is the last of the major changes we're gonna ma--" *FBI agents swarm press conference*

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

they are

about wanting to kill him

yes.

poo poo he's pissed.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
I hope Haslam fires Farmer sometime in June and hires Pioli who brings Schiano with him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hey buddy tell us about how your indictment is going.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Hey how about that federal investigation?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I think there is something really disturbing about calling a grown man who works for you "Pet".

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

As a Redskins fan I just have to say I am tremendously satisfied with how Haslam has handled this.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
oop Jimmy denies that Ray had an understanding with the Browns when he turned down the Dolphins

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He's a tireless worker and our fans are very passionate.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

dy. posted:

As a Redskins fan I just have to say I am tremendously satisfied with how Haslam has handled this.

I mean you both have the government pressuring your owners.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rap posted:

oop Jimmy denies that Ray had an understanding with the Browns when he turned down the Dolphins

mmhmm

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

No, I mean why would Manning have anything to say about Banner other than what he's heard. Manning doesn't appear to have ever worked with Banner before.

He probably said what basically any outsider observer who paid any amount of attention would say. Possibly along the lines of "what the gently caress are you doing"

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I kinda wish Haslam would just say Lombardi sucked instead of like basically inserting himself into this because that is not a good thing

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He's a tireless worker and our fans are very passionate.

lmao

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
When exactly is the time to talk about Flying J? Because that seems kind of important.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
please someone gif him licking his lips like a lizard

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Graceful exit

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
The best head coach we could get.

YELLS AT PRESS.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

OkthissucksfuckthisnoisePEACE

E: hahaha I think he bailed before the new GM was ready to speak

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Wow this is the first time I've ever seen Jim Donovan flustered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Wow this is the first time I've ever seen Jim Donovan flustered.

Wbat's wrong is he upset or just like kind of in shock?

I saw it too and was wondering the same thing.

• Locked thread