Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Thread: [D&D 4e] Journey to the Western Kingdom
System: D&D 4e
Format: PBP
Players: I'm looking for one replacement for the Path of Wisdom thread!

Description: Far-East jambalaya setting. Go on a diplomatic mission with a scheming crow man, fight weird and wonderful monsters.

Got it, thanks!

Wol fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Thread: [Only War] Scintillan Queens - A Short Hive Ganger Game
System: Only War
Format: PbP / Heavy IRC support in irc.synirc.net #acolyte
Players: 6-8

Description: A Only War game I'm making until Shield of Humanity comes out. Join a Scintillan hive gang that was forced to the ever hungry Imperial war-machine as they are sent to a planet they never heard about fighting unknown traitors.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 16, 2014

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Doctor Idle posted:

Thread: [SOTH Recruiting] Let's Summon a Dark God!
System: SOTH
Format: PbP
Players: 3-6
Description: I want to imagine the game panning out as a 'Burn After Reading' meets the Call of Cthulhu type of Black Comedy with horror subplot. It's a campaign for miscreants and ne'er-do-wells who can see the humor in the horrible.

Seeking 2-4 Replacement Cultists. Do bad things, suffer the consequences. Game lost heat as soon as game started, so it's a good time to jump in.

Game Thread

Description Revisal: I still want to picture it as a black comedy, but also as a tasteful exploration of seedier deeds.
Setting Info: 50s Louisiana in a Small Bayou Town.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 21, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Thread: [4E] Daybreak in the New World
System: D&D 4e
Players: I'm looking for five players. No more, no less.

Description: Fantasy colonial not-America. Your town was raided by orcs recently - go get your stuff back!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Thread: Marvel Heroic - X-Men of the 60s
System: Marvel Heroic
Players: 1 replacement

Description: You are the X-men. It is the 60s, the x-men are just starting to get their poo poo together and the whole hated and feared thing is really starting to crank up a notch.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Thread: [Rifts] Heart of Evil and other adventures - recruit
System: Rifts
Players: I'm looking for five players. No Give or take.

Description: Post Apocalyptic America. You were going to visit a friend, or family member, only to find a village devoid of life. Discover what is wrong with the Village of Kernois. This is just the start of your adventure!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Thread: [Adeptus Evangelion] I Mustn't Run Away
System: Adeptus Evangelion (Dark Heresy hack)
Players: 3-4 Pilots and an Operations Director

Description: DRIVE robots made from your mum! SEE things that shouldn't! EXPERIENCE the thrills of NERV's comprehensive mental health plan! GO utterly insane regardless as you fail catastrophically and all your compatriots are killed/go insane/turn into LCL!

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Thread: [Numenera] Moon's Tempest
System: Numenera
Players: 3-5 1-2
Description: We've lost a few players since the start, and I'm looking for some replacements in adventures across Numenera's frozen desert to a long-forgotten ship that will be turned into a settlement. Check out old ice caverns, fight bandits, and play with long-forgotten hardware.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Thread: Marvel Heroic - The Hyborian Age
System: Marvel Heroic
Players: 5-7 players

Description: A world taken over by the evil wizard Kulan Gath, it's the Marvel universe slammed back in time to the age of Conan the Barbarian! Guns have become swords, cars have become horses and chariots, and superheroes have become barbarian warriors fighting against the oppressive evil of the immortal warlock king! New players welcome.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Thread: [Shadowrun 5E] Desert Wars (Recruiting/OOC)
System: Shadowrun 5E
Players: 4-6 (or more?)

Description: You're an Ares employee that's been recruited to play for them in the Desert Wars, a four-month-long set of wargames with teams fielded by every AAA-corp (and more AA-corps, too). Get into firefights, steal resources, and blow stuff up, all (mostly) legally, in the Libyan Desert.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Thread: [DW] Monster World! [Recruit/OOC]
System: Dungeon World
Format: One PBP group, One roll20 group.
Players: 6 for PBP, 3-4 for roll20.

Description: The city of Bounty is plagued by an excessive number of horrors. You will save the land, discover the mystery, and reap the vast rewards as the greatest (and only) party of monster adventurers the world has ever seen! The others were humans, and elves, and dwarves. That’s why they failed. The king sent men. He should have sent Monsters!

Still looking for people for the roll20 group.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 26, 2014

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thread: [Fate] The Crossover - The gods must be crazy! (Recruiting and OOC)
System: Fate Core
Players: 4-5

Description: Bored of their usual games with mortal lives, the Gods have ripped civilizations from their natural place in creation to play a forbidden game of combat. Players control these confused and struggling races and their leaders as they attempt to discover the rules of the game and fulfil their own agendas. Inspired by Discworld, the board game Smallworld, the video game Sacrifice and various other map-based/civilization games currently running on SA. Creativity encouraged!

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
Thread: Survivors of Alderaan Recruitment
System: Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Edge of the Empire & Age of Rebellion
Format: Play-by-Post
Players: 4-6 (one already recruited)

Description: This is a Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPG PbP game that will utilize Edge of the Empire (EotE) and Age of Rebellion (AoR). You play Rebels waging an uphill fight against the evil Galactic Empire.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Thread: Animerican Horror Story: Murder House dot tumblr dot com
System: Fate Accelerated
Players: 4-6

Description: You are the servants of a bunch of whimsical woodland sprites and fey turbonerds of different sorts in a bigger-on-the-inside house that steadily erodes your memory and doesn't seem to want to let you go. You're fairly sure you used to be a normal human being at some point, but that time has long since passed. Who's ready for some charming slice-of-life hijinks and/or slow-burning horror? C:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

quote:

Thread: Welcome to Sigma Protocol.

System: Fate Accelerated Edition

Players: 1-2 more players to shore up some drops.

Description: You're the best of the- hahaha, nah, I'm just kidding. You're a grunt that has nevertheless been hired by the world's foremost super ultra deep secret spy agency. Think you can handle it, Agent NotThorton?

aka Archer and/or NOLF: the RPG

Re-opening recruitment! We recently switched from Fate Core to FAE and are looking to add a couple members to the team!

The story hasn't progressed a ton, I've posted a quick run-down in the recruitment thread.

:toot: That was quick!

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 21, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Thread: The Island
System: Apocalypse World
Players: Probably 5
Description: Play to find out

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Thread: Perihelion

System: Battle Century G

Description: Come from an isolated civilization from the past to find out just how badly you and your people screwed up the future, and try to help. Giant Robots and Super Powers are also involved.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
Thread: A Great Stillness

System: nWoD (Players unfamiliar with the system encouraged)

Players: 3 and only 3

Description: A missing person case gets a lead for the first time in 14 years leading to a small idealistic town in rural Kentucky. The missing person just happens to be related to the Governor. The recruitment forum is part of the initial briefing. Prospective players can get a shot to actually play their characters before the main thread starts.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Name: Murder Aboard Spaceship Nu II
System: Custom
Players: 14
Details: A murder mystery game based on mafia and Spacestation 13.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Thread: [Recruiting D&D Basic] Castle Caldwell & Beyond
System: D&D Basic
Players: FILLED
Details: Play through classic D&D Basic module and see where it takes you.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 27, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Game: Rebels!

System: FFG's Age of Rebellion/Edge of the Empire

Description: This is going to be a high level Rebel campaign. PC's time will be split between daring space battles, clandestine extractions and other operations fit for rebels of their caliber.

No. of Players: 4-6

Notes: I am using an extended character generation system I made up, see the OP for details.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Game: Blood on the snow.

System: GURPS

Description: Low-fantasy, not much magic, survival focused game with 50 point characters. PCs are third stringers from a mountain village.

No. of Players: 3-5

Notes: First time GMing a GURPS game. :ohdear:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Game: Madness at Gardmore Abbey
System: D&D 4E
Description: I am going to be running the published super-adventure Madness at Gardmore Abbey for the second time (hopefully successfully). It's a pretty cool campaign that includes lots of neat encounters and other things.
Players: 5 players.

Majuju fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 29, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Game: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona T: Moral Hazard
System: Rules-light Fate + PDQ mashup
Description: You have entered into a Faustian bargain, and gained a terrible power in exchange for some fundamental part of yourself. In doing so, you have opened yourself up to a whole new world of possibilities. And you have put everyone important to you in terrible danger.
Players: 3-4?
Notes: Equal parts PDQ Godgame, and Persona-esqe life sim. Is exactly as anime as it sounds.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 29, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Game: In Mourning
System: Eberron D&D 4e
Description: You know those assholes in the city guard that are mostly there to keep you from ransacking the town dry between dungeon sessions? Be those guys, in a city larger than the population of most nations.
Players: 1

We need a replacement for our 5th man, after they had an unfortunate incident where they thought they could breathe sand.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 10, 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Game: Blackbird Scheming
System: GURPS
Description: The end of the world is upon us - what a better time to rob a bank? Blackbird Scheming is a Oceans 11 style bank robbing romp set in the Blackbird Dreaming universe. Think of this as a more bank-robbery centric reimagining of Blackbird Dreaming; very little knowledge of that game is required. This is a high CP game and you're recommended to take plenty of secrets that you can work with the GM to expand and enhance your character.
Players: 5

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
Thread: Beta Test Recruitment
System: Pirate World (Dungeon World supplement)
Players: 3-5

Description: Be a part of the beta-test campaign for Pirate World! :yarr: Sail the Calderan Seas, call up eldritch nightmares from the abyssal deep, take part in ridiculously over-the-top boarding actions, drink rum and breathe fire, throw exploding gunpowder goblins at your foes, and in general just have a hell of a lot of fun. This might need more homebrewing than a regular Dungeon World game - the setting and some of the playbooks are still incomplete, and we'll be making a lot up as we go. Expect as much funhaving as we can possibly have.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Game: Goblins: Life Through Their Eyes
System: FAE
Description: You are goblins, and you're sad.
Players: 4-6 (Maybe more, I expect to kill off a few of you)

April 1 is over :ssh:

Ettin fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 2, 2014

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Thread: InFamous: Next Wave
System: Fate Accelerated Edition
Players: 3-5

Description: In an alternate continuity from the InFamous video games, the Department of Unified Protection is occupying Crown City, Illinois as they track down a number of Bio-Terrorists in the city. Players will be having to deal with this military occupation, renegade Conduits, and other scared citizens as they unravel the DUP's secrets. I welcome newcomers as well as veterans as I try my hand at my first-ever PbP game on the boards.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
Thread: Don't Shoot the Messengers
System: 13th Age
Format: Skype and Roll20

Description: Imperial couriers trying to deliver mail and packages in a world of magic, adventure, and danger.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 16, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Thread: The Towering Flame
System: Deadlands Classic

Description: You've packed your bags and headed west, to the Mojave desert, to make your fortune. But the desert is unforgiving, and it's a Weird old frontier out there...

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Thread: Beyond the Rim
System: Star Wars Edge of the Empire
Players: 2

Description: A re-recruitment for 2 missing players from my Beyond the Rim EotE game. We're currently halfway through the adventure, and if I can get some fresh blood to help pick up the pace we'll get clear of it in no time and move on to bigger and better things.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 3, 2014

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Thread: Adventures in the Young Kingdoms
System: Runequest 2 - Elric of Melnibone
Players: 4

Description: Run around the Purple Towns and do some jobs for the 1%. Make money. Don't die.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Thread: Heisters wanted! Jewel of Yavin Recruitment/OOC thread
System: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
Players: 5-6

Description: Steal a valuable gemstone from Cloud City on Bespin, engage in all manner of wacky hijinks including, but not limited to, backalley shankings, a cloud car race, and tense l33t hacking!

Disclaimer: Based on a published adventure module (in case that's not your thing)

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Thread: Credits Rule Everything Around Me
System: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
Players: 4

Description: Smuggler dudes doing smuggler stuff. Large amounts of player agency! Pay lots of money to Hutts! Maybe shoot some Stormtroopers occasionally! Maybe stab a dude! Smuggle today!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Thread: Wizards Wanted! Great Adventure! New Lands!
System: Ars Magica
Players: 4-8

Description: Play a wizard! Create mighty artifacts, raise a living castle from the bones of the earth or spend all day eating medieval cheetos and reading dusty tomes. The choice is yours!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Thread: Dungeon Planet
Players: 3-8

Description: In this campaign, we play Dungeon Planet. It's all wide open, arcane magic users, craft rogues, clever androids, inscrutable aliens. Bring on your weird science, heroes out of place, and stalwart adventurers in a world no one knows.

edit: I'll take submissions from all DW supplements, we've got at least one submission from IW already.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 10, 2014

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Thread: [Cthulhu Noir Recruiting/OOC] Bryson Springs
System: Cthulhu Noir
Players: Closed
Description: Cosmic Horror in the 1930's set in post-Dust Bowl America.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 16, 2014

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Thread: [Dungeon World] The Long, Dark Road (RECRUIT)
System: Dungeon World
Players: 5-7
Description: Wild West meets Magitek meets dungeon-crawling, all with mounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Thread: [Demon: The Descent] Circular Logic in the Circle City
System: World of Darkness's newest setting, Demon: The Descent
Players: 1
Description: We need a replacement for one of our players who had to drop out. Join a group of plucky renegade android spies as they travel around Indianapolis and try to solve problems/avoid getting killed by Angels.

• Locked thread