Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyflfla
Jan 25, 2004

Namu Amida Butsu
Game: Rise of the Gods
System: Scion with some house rules
Type: Chat Venue
Players: we have 20-30 active players, about 10 of them are on almost every night.
Description: Children of gods vs the Titans. The game has been running for over a year. Players have battled the Wyld Hunt running free in London, a zombie plague in China, the accidental summoning of Ymir, meteorites launched from the moon with atomic force, Ragnorak is currently happening, the home land of the greeks has been overrun by Gaia. Current character generation starts off at Demi-god level with 4-500 xp.

The cool thing about our game is that this is all backstory. The current front runners (people who have been on the site since day one) are fastly closing in on Godhood. When a good portion of the player base reaches god hood we are going to shift the game forward 20 years. Then, new characters will be able to be scions of the old pcs. The shift is about 6 months or so away, but if you are active it won't be hard to catch up.

For those that aren't familiar with chat venues here's how they work: There is a chat full of rooms where you can go In Character, this is also referred to as Coffee Shopping. This is actually where all the important things happen because you can plan and plot with the other pcs. You're even allowed to make rolls and we really don't mind if you adlib minor scenery things. STs will come on and run scenes. This is usually in the evening but there are forums where you can request certain scenes, and we try to announce in skype ahead of time. Alot of time it depends on how many people are on. We are good about accommodating late comers to scenes if it is thematically appropriate. So that is chat. Then there are forums where your character sheet is stored, and there are IC and OOC forums and where you post Xp and scene requests and bluebooks. Bluebook posts are for things your character doesn't necessarily need a whole scene to themselves for. i.e. Crafting a weapon, investigating rumours or on a more grand scale bringing vaccinations and medicine to the third world or cleaning up the site of a nuclear disaster.

I am Eyflfla everywhere I go, question me on skype or the landsasunder chat.

p.s. We could use some more Story Tellers too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread