Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Does Diamond Joe make it out okay? :ohdear:

edit: can we please get a one-screen epilogue with them eating shawarma or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't want to gush but I have to show my appreciation; this and the previous two adventures are the hardest I've laughed at anything on the internet for a long long time, and it's the first media I've ever consumed where I would bust out in giggle fits days afterwards just remembering one scene or turn of phrase. Exceptionally well done comedy.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Well done, Atma. Hail Beelz.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I think the Bob one was the best anyway, so that's good news!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Atma I just want to say you're a genius with this poo poo and I always enjoy seeing your pixel art and stories. How long does each piece take because these are pretty intricate.

Also I'm still giddy you used one of my commands even though it was a banal one :woop:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

These have been wonderful every time they pop up. Pixel art is the best art. Especially since you somehow managed to convey Johnny.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

7thBatallion posted:

This was my first CYOA since an early Bip. Or maybe Microbe! I don't remember. I forgot how much fun these are. Thanks!

Matter Energy Conversion F4A90 was my first SA cyoa, then Dropsy I think. The former, quite unfortunately, is lost to the waffle images ether with only faint memories of Deathcopter and the odd old avatar to remind me of the awesomeness. :(

This trilogy had had me laughing more consistently than almost any others, so bravo Atma! I didn't chime in with any suggestions because end times was the first one I had read- but after backtracking it all comes together much more beautifully, albeit covered in blood, piss, poo poo, and semen.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
These are so loving awesome thanks for taking the time to do them. I know you answered this in another thread but I forget. What did you use to do this with? I've been secretly toying with the idea of doing one myself for a while now but finding the time to devote to it is a problem.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm just glad I was finally able to contribute something useful .

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Do the story-based ones take more work? I like there being a quest to follow

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Great work as always, Atma. Well done.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Always surprised by how many of my suggestions get used, and always pleased with the results. Right on. Glad to hear the next one's gonna be more freeform, people sure got pissy about "railroading" or whatever and I'd rather not listen to them whine :v:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
All three of these CYOA's were amazing all the way through, I really appreciate you putting in the work so a bunch of internet guys could get a cheap laugh.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to any future CYOA's you might do- the one's you've done so far are without a doubt among the best that ever were.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

That DICK! posted:

edit: can we please get a one-screen epilogue with them eating shawarma or something

quote:

Do the story-based ones take more work? I like there being a quest to follow

It is more work, but mostly it's me trying to figure out how each action should resolve in a way that will still make sense to the story. The open one was a lot less 'stressful' because there really was no end goal.

quote:

What did you use to do this with?
Adobe Illustrator for the panels, Photoshop for the animations

quote:

How long does each piece take because these are pretty intricate.
It depends on the amount of detail. I've never timed myself but I would say 15 minutes per easy panel if I have to make some new objects. If I have to make everything from scratch at least 20-30 minutes probably. The longest one was probably the panel with the fortress in the background. I'm not really an artist, so I don't do things super fast - but I have gotten better at it since the first one.

One thing that takes a lot of time is actually the file management. I had to split this one into 4 illustrator files because they get so big that my PC does not have enough memory to allow me to work with them. I try and keep backups of every panel in case of backtracking (which happens a lot) so the artboards are all over the place and scrolling around is sometimes slow.

Atma fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 24, 2014

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yaaaay :downs:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Were the two wingless angels really supposed to be Bob and his wife or did we just take that and run with it?

synirc.net #workcrew

code:
Public Sub WorkCrewLife
	While(True)
		For Each Bitch In Bitches
			gently caress(Bitch)
		Next Bitch
		Me.GetItem(Money)
	End While
End Sub

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

wilderthanmild posted:

Were the two wingless angels really supposed to be Bob and his wife or did we just take that and run with it?

They weren't supposed to be at all. I accidentally made the female angel look a little too close to bob's wife.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I had fun :black101:

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music
> Make space opera CYOA
> Warp left

Graves
Feb 10, 2002

Ask me about the time I posted a thread in GBS with a full confession on how I stabbed a man to death with my pocket knife

Atma posted:

Posting from phone and don't know how to quote - but wanted to clarify I said last story driven CYOA. by that I mean no more crazy stories that I try to lead the player through. Any ones in the future would be more like bob. Holy poo poo this app is horrible to use to post with. How do I even

Hell yeah, that's good to hear.

>beat wife

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
atma I loving love you

Poizen Jam posted:

Matter Energy Conversion F4A90 was my first SA cyoa, then Dropsy I think. The former, quite unfortunately, is lost to the waffle images ether with only faint memories of Deathcopter and the odd old avatar to remind me of the awesomeness. :(

this cyoa kept reminding me of deathcopter but I just couldn't find or remember what it was from so thanks

RalphTheWonderLlama
Jan 23, 2006

Baseball is serious business.
This is literally the only thing I have followed GBS for in 4 years. Good show.

Rainbow Bells
Oct 10, 2010

You Cussin' with Me?
I'm glad to hear there might be more coming in the future. This CYOA trilogy is definitely one of the best things on SA.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That ruled, thanks Atma. Make sure you include all the dead-end/"checkpoint loaded" stuff if you keep a compilation of this story, some of those were loving hilarious.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Atma, these are awesome, thanks, and please keep doing them.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

ArtIsResistance posted:

this cyoa kept reminding me of deathcopter but I just couldn't find or remember what it was from so thanks

Now if only we could resurrect it from the depths of Waffleimages hell. The entire thread is gone aside from the odd piece of fan art. Does Microwave even still post? I'd love if he still had the images backed up...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Poizen Jam posted:

Now if only we could resurrect it from the depths of Waffleimages hell. The entire thread is gone aside from the odd piece of fan art. Does Microwave even still post? I'd love if he still had the images backed up...

I probably have the base .fla files on a spare HDD, but I'm too tired to look for them right now. lovely thing is that Microwave said that he lost some of those base files (because he overwrote some of them) and they are not in order.

NOT NOW GRANDPA
Dec 6, 2005

HardDisk posted:

I probably have the base .fla files on a spare HDD, but I'm too tired to look for them right now. lovely thing is that Microwave said that he lost some of those base files (because he overwrote some of them) and they are not in order.

I actually have all the images from that thread on my hard drive somewhere, in order as well. I'll see if I can find them.

That was one of my fondest forum memories, even if it lacked the sheer insanity of the Atma trilogy.

But please never stop Atma!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Poizen Jam posted:

Images of his mom are backed up

lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I'm glad to hear you msy do more Bob-style CYOAs, because while I liked the story ones (the reveal with the Obama logo was loving amazing) I think I laughed the absolute hardest at the bit where the goons got Bob committed to mental asylum, prompting a game over.

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!
:420: :420: :420: :420: :420:
thank you so much

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Atma posted:

The ending seems kind of abrupt I think and not really what I had planned - but then again, almost nothing in this game was what I had planned. Which is how I expected it. And how it should be.

Ending wise, what did you originally plan? I would expect "Antikristos" to have joined the forces of evil after seemingly appearing to be a good guy, as the story goes. Anyhow, thanks for another great thread!

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.
Awesome story. When will it hit theaters?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:( Really lame ending. Seemed as if it was rushed. I can understand, lots of work. I was hoping for a badass showdown between you and Satan but you don't even stab him with your pitch fork.

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
To the mines with it!

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Fantastic work as always, Atma.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Hey Atma, I really do think you deserve a reward for this and Bob; get in touch with me via PM and I am sure I can get you a game on steam or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Michaellaneous posted:

Hey Atma, I really do think you deserve a reward for this and Bob; get in touch with me via PM and I am sure I can get you a game on steam or something.

hey thanks!

also, if anyone wants to follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/atmaz

Be my 11th follower!

• Locked thread