Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I picked up the co-op lotr card game revised set and I'm going to grab the mirkwood mini expansion followed by the the fellowship and two tower expansion repackages. Could I get some (minimally spoilery) advice on buy orders for the other expansions?

1) Any recommendations for what to get after or even before the book sets? No matter what I'm not buying anything from the 0XX product range because I need to keep a short leash on my completionist urges.

2) Anything from the 100 range I should deliberately skip?

3) About what proportion of the standalone starter deck cards are currently not available in the other rereleases? I'm only really going to be playing two player mostly so duplicates aren't really required, but if there's a fair amount of cards otherwise unavailable in the 1XX range then some unique feeling prebuilt decks might be a fun pickup later.

3.5) is there a full player card list database anywhere? Just card names are fine.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

tomdidiot posted:

1. Depends what decks you want to build. Dark of Mirkwood scenarios aren't bad and are much easier than the other scenarios you could get so may be worth getting those.
2. No, pretty much all the reprint stuff is good. They only reprinted better cycles for LOTR LCG in the new format so far - MEC107 and 108 are essentially 38-44 packaged together, and 110-11 are 47-53. You could skip the starters if you're not interested in playing them though.
3. Quite a lot. https://visionofthepalantir.com/2022/03/11/first-impressions-starter-decks/ - almost all the starter deck conents are from cycles that aren't currently in the pipeline to be reprinted. Player speculation is that the factions were deliberately chosen so players could still play as factions that wouldn't get much support in the planned cardpool. If you want to play those types of decks - grab it.
3.5 hallofbeorn.com, or ringsdb.com - both include the full card pool. If you sign up for an account on ringsdb you can make acustom pool with just the stuff you own/plan to get.
Very much appreciated! Is there a list of what cycles they do plan to reprint?

Splicer fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 22, 2024

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

tomdidiot posted:

The Hobbit Sagas were OK, but the scenario design wasn't as polished/atmospheric as the LotR sagas, and well, the hobbit movies aren't as good
Do you mean the sagas were based on the movies over the books or do you mean you personally don't care about the hobbit sagas because you didn't enjoy the films or do you mean they might not reprint the hobbit because the movies didn't do well?