Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

SWEEEEET! Gonna rock Dark Eldar so hard.

Kinda feel like Orks and Chaos should switch spots, since Imperial Guard/Chaos makes a little more sense to me because of traitor legions. Meh whatever, still cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

An article on Game Trade Magazine reveals Necrons and Tyranids will come out in a future expansion for WHC.

Necrons will be able to steal units from any faction in the alignment wheel (whatever that means), and Tyranids remain outside the alignment wheel and can't include any other factions in their deck.

Not really all that crazy about the alignment wheel mechanic myself from what we've seen so far, but good to see they didn't leave anyone out.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Carteret posted:

Tau Preview for WH40K: Conquest, along with the full rules PDF:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4967

Wow, Tau looks awesome. This looks like they really just improved on the Blood Bowl Team Manager game, which I already thought was pretty fun.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Awww man, that card list doesn't show Overload being reprinted. I wanted to break the game again :eng99:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I hope dead trading card games coming back as LCGs becomes a thing. I for one would love to get Star Wars CCG: the LCG :allears:

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 15, 2014

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

LordNat posted:

If I remember right there was some big counterfeit YGO card scandal involving them. I am guessing they just plan to sell off a bunch of stock at Gencon and drop it soon after for a cash and grab.

It was completely insane, it got so bad that there were more counterfeits printed than legit cards for certain high value rares at a time. This is probably the best article about it if you wanna see how scummy/incompetent UDE is.

http://cult-stuff.com/?p=444

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Dominus Caedis posted:

Seconding this except that I am MAD AS HELL that 'Nids are not in the base game. Where are my unstoppable bug monsters FFG?

Yeah they are getting thrown together in a big ol' box with the necrons sometime next year™

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

There's a version of Conquest out for OCTGN. Played one game with it, everything seemed to work perfectly. This is just for the game, no card images :filez:

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B8geCsIJfzWAZklDemNoU3FCNHM

Got rocked pretty well by a Chaos/Ork deck, I was running DE/Eldar. Orks are so much stronger stat wise, you really feel it at least with the deck I was running. I definitely made a few misplays deploying people at bad spots and wasting a shield or two, but I'm definitely really loving this game. There's a lot of decisions to make every turn. Do not fail winning command phases, you will starve to death with no money or cards, haha.

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 21, 2014

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Carteret posted:

:smugdog: 2-0, asterisk or not, still sounds good to me. :smugdog: How this game handles actions at instant speed leads to silly stuff, like Zarathur’s Flamers attacking, then sacrificing for extra damage. The burst potential is something to be aware of.

Wait, your able to use actions like that? :stare: I thought you could only use them during specific action 'windows', but hell if I know if I've been doing it right

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

On the topic of 40K:C, third pack announced: omething more general like attachments for the Core Tau warlord.

I hope Sslyth Mercenary doesn't turn out to be a dissapoint because man, Dark Eldar need a card with those stats SO BAD right now :stare:

GrandpaPants posted:

Edit: On the topic of 40K:C, what are the chances of them adding more planets to the lineup?

I could definitely see that happening sooner than later, maybe with Necron/Tyranid box. Maybe they could add some sort of rules or draft where each player contributes a few planets to a pool which are shuffled and drawn from during setup.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Ok so I might just be really bad at searching this out, but is there any site somewhere that lists locations that run LCG events or anything? 40k Conquest is going to be my first LCG and the local game places I know of are all dedicated Magic stores.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Do the battles in Conquest flow well/are resolved quickly? At the very least I look forward to deterministic mechanics.

I wouldn't say they are quick, things like shielding, effects, and just thinking about who to strike can take up some time. Rounds only usually have one really important battle that I've seen. At the very least, it is not random and doing the math of combat before you commit somewhere can make a big difference.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

C'mon north Jersey... get into this game :ohdear:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

My CSI Conquest order is being Processed as we speak. Yesss.

For anyone who has played the game already, which is better, Doom or Exterminatus? I was thinking of making a Tau deck because I loving love Robotech I guess, but I didn't know who to go between SM and Eldar. SM have area effect (Cardinis, Daring Assault Squad), combat tricks (Eager Recruit), solid beef (Blood Angel Veterans), Godwin Bolter as defense against flying units that Tau seem to lack, and Exterminatus. Eldar have, uh, a ranged unit and Doom. Choices :ohdear:

Tau and Space Marines is a really deadly combo. A lot of the best Eldar stuff is loyal, so you cant use it anyway. Eldar Survivalists are very awesome, but as Tau you have pathfinder so you don't necessarily need them as much.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Eldar Survivalist/Pathfinder are the best planet cappers in the game right now. Void Pirate/Rogue Trader are right below them though, and are extremely useful. Every deck should be running at least a couple. Here's my current list at the moment:

Warlord:
1x Packmaster Kith

Army Unit: (28)
4x Kith’s Khymeramasters
2x Biel-Tan Warp Spiders
2x Coliseum Fighters
3x Eldar Survivalist
3x Hellion Gang
3x Incubus Warrior
2x Rogue Trader
3x Sybarite Marksman
2x Syren Zythlex
2x Vile Raider
2x Void Pirate

Attachment: (6)
1x Agonizer of Bren
2x Promotion
3x Suffering

Event: (12)
2x Pact of the Haemonculi
3x Archon’s Terror
2x Doom
3x Raid
2x Superiority

Support: (4)
1x Khymera Den
1x Altar of Torment
2x Twisted Laboratory

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Actually, speaking of Events, how the hell do you use Power from Pain effectively? I don't think the sacrificed unit even has to take place in the planet the fighting is taking on, so it doesn't necessarily have an effect on the battle taking place. The only thing I can think of is maybe just eating through their chump units so that I can at least maximize my 2 resources spent on it. I do love that events can be used as shields though, so that situational ones like this and the sweepers can at least have a purpose besides being a dead draw.

Power from Pain is pretty bad. Unless they spend their first turn to drop one giant unit, it doesn't really do anything. Right now, I'd say it's one DE card you should absolutely avoid. Black Heart Ravager is also another, really lackluster card. Run x3 Archon's Terror and Raids, those are the best DE events.

By the by, does anyone know a place in NJ where people can play Conquest? I'm looking at all the stores I know, but they seem to all run Magic and none of the LCGs. :(

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

crime fighting hog posted:

Hey guys, still going through the thread but a friend of mine is HUGE into 40k Conquest right now, and I've played half a dozen games and lose like a chump each time. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the strategy and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a dummies guide to not losing all the time.

I'm usually not too bad at card games, I was fairly decent at Magic when I played so that makes this really frustrating to be a few games in and still very confused as to what I should do each turn.

What faction are you playing? There might be some cards your using that should be skipped, or must-have cards you might not be using.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Archon's Palace is AMAZING, the rest of the DE cards seem pretty bad. Also, what are they thinking printing Calamity, that will go into EVERY deck :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Fetterkey posted:

I actually think Calamity looks pretty bad at first glance. It doesn't affect tokens, so it's not a swarm removal card but rather one to get rid of lots of low-cost cappers.

Oh, it doesn't? I thought it did. That does drop it's value, but I think it's still valid as 1 of. Might just be the people I play against though :shobon: