Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

frgildan posted:

Someones getting stuck with Tatics Dori. I do not envy that person.

I love tactics Dori. There just isn't a lot of defense buff, especially in tactics, and if you keep him up you have a choice between 1 super defense or 2 ok defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

If you lose like 5 times consider easy mode.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How do I import a deck form Cardgamedb to Ringsdb?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Cardgamedb -> Export Deck -> Text File

RingsDB -> My Collection -> Decks -> Import Deck -> File

There's no place to put the file, just a text box. i tried copy/pasting the text but it didn't work.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do you need to publish a deck on Ringsdb for the cards to count in the rating system?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

LotR is consistently one of their best selling titles. That's why people don't think it'll get killed off.

Do we know what the rankings are for lcg sales?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

sassassin posted:

But the Tolkiens actually just published a selection of books which have specific themes and how things are used is as if not more important than the idea that they exist at all.

That doesn't make sense at all. Are you saying that if something doesn't effect the 15 or so main characters in the narrative it shouldn't be included? And that's after ignoring the 2 battles Aragorn fought against the corsairs and everything that happens with ships in the appendices.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

sassassin posted:

need to fit the thematic framework of the original stories,

A. No it doesn't.

B. You haven't demonstrated that the new characters and situations don't fit the thematic framework.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The sea is mentioned in other contexts than longing for something greater. It is not a specific and consistent theme, and neither is the treasure issue. Did you forget that Aragorn fought two wars against the corsairs?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Buy core sets gradually. 1 core for every four deluxe boxes.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

That would be levees at The Rock.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

The gently caress is Elladan doing without Elrhoir?

Even if it passes the vanilla test this is wrong to me.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Because it's way easier to play at home since you don't need a critical mass of ~8 people to keep it fresh. And when people do come to the game store it's to play the competitive game that needs that critical mass.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Can other characters join in Knight of Minas Tirith's attack?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I didn't expect Flame of The West so soon!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

In lotr campaign mode, if I lose a hero and don't replace them, can I dial my threat down next mission for the next mission to reflect 2 heroes?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I'm trying to tally how many hero cards died as a result of the LOTR Saga quests, not counting The Hobbit. Am I missing someone?

Gandalf (revived)
Boromir (fallen into evil)
Denethor (death more reflective of his ally card version)
Dunhere
Halbarad
Haldir (in the film)
Hama
Hirluin the Fair
Theoden

Brand and Dain at Erebor, which might be a quest
Grima during Scouring, a likely quest
Theodred dies in a non-quest

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 11, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

There are responses that outpace encounter cards but there is no action window during the staging phase nor when a shadow card is revealed. Most or all events that interact with shadow cards are responses.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

but it can stop "guy gets +2" or "guy attacks after this" because those only matter later.

I don't see the basis for this. As far as I understand revealing the shadow card and swinging is one motion; and that Gandalf's Staff is primarily useful to discard facedown shadow cards.

edit; i guess the player chart says i'm wrong.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

LOTR Fellowship is next week btw.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Holy poo poo Harad is out right now!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The app won't be faithful unless it freezes for 10 minutes trying to figure out the rules for Stand Together.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Am I reading The last quest card of Dunland trap correctly that there are a minimum of TWENTY TURNS in a 4 player game?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

In Campaign mode passage through the marshes, do you have Gandalfs Delay/ The Ring Draws Them in play if you have earned it in the first few missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Right bit do they stay through the entire campaign excluding the Aragorn quests?+