Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey guys, come sign up for Trad Games Secret Santa! There's still a week left to sign up. You could ask for packs of cards for your LCGs! Or perhaps even a(nother) LCG base game could be what you are hoping to get. Or a play mat or tokens maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey folks. I'd like to say first that I feel like everyone who participated so far in this discussion did so in a civil and reasonable way and I super appreciate that! Seriously. That said, a couple of you might not be aware that a few months ago we had a heated debate about the topic of AI use in our Trad Games forum, discussions of that use, and discussions of AI in general. A consensus was impossible, but we did reach something of a ceasefire compromise, as described in our stickied rules for the forum.

This discussion does run afoul of this part of our rules:

Leperflesh posted:

If you want to Debate and Discuss the ethics of AI tools, please go do that in the Debate & Discussion thread. There are no threads in TG where that is a welcome debate.

Again, you guys had a good discussion, nobody seemed to be real mad, etc. and that's cool, but let's redirect any further discussion on the topic to the above thread. Thanks.

This does not prohibit the mention of the use of AI art that you find in products and offerings, etc. as that sort of announcement is a service to people who want to know. I've seen it in the board game thread and the industry thread and not intervened, provided those posts don't lead in to a debate on the ethics.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I knew you hadn't posted in there, so I figured. No worries.