Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mongol posted:

For the first quest, yes. You can beat it with any mono sphere deck, though some decks have an easier time based on the encounter deck. Don't start with mono-tactics.

Don't let the empty space fool you, there's a lot of game there.

So mono-tactics is hard mode? That may explain why the second quest of the core box is kicking my teeth in so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I'm trying to create an account over at CardGameDB, and I've had them resend the validation email 3 or 4 times now but I haven't gotten. Do they normally take forever to send e-mails out?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I've decided to get back in to the LotR LCG. I was gonna play it with my wife, but she found the rules too complicated; so I'll be playing solo. I have the Core box and all 6 Mirkwood packs; should I try to make a deck that'll get me through everything, or should I sit down and design a deck specifically for each challenge? I kinda feel like the latter approach sucks some of the fun out of the game, but before my wife and I gave up we had banged our head against the Troll quest in the core box 2 or 3 times.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I have nothing against two-handed play...but I wanna kinda get a grasp on things before i start trying to run 2 decks at once. Is Mirkwood doable solo? Or am I gonna need to get a second person or two hand it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wish all the LCGs worked like the Star Wars one in terms of Core Sets needed. Two core sets gets you a playset of every single objective set, and only a small handful of duplicates (They included multiple copies of a Limit 1 per Deck set so you could build all 4 decks from the core set at once.)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PaybackJack posted:

I think it's better than the Star Wars route which is requiring us to buy two of the core and deluxe expansions(Balance excluded) as well.

I'm perfectly fine with needed 2 cores (helps them keep the cores at a nice affordable price to hopefully entice more players), and only one of the Deluxe expansions so far has required a 2nd one. Is the upcoming new one gonna require a 2nd box?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

GrandpaPants posted:

To nobody's real surprise, Call of Cthulhu is dead.

PS: Where the gently caress are my tyranids?

Is there a good post-mortem on Call of Cthulhu? I love FFG's mythos stuff, and if CoC is any good, I wouldn't mind slowly buying in over time and adding a new mythos game to my shelf...but I honestly don't know anything about this particular LCG (for reference, I've been actively buying all the Star Wars LCG stuff, and started in on LotR but have had trouble getting people to play it with me)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

MisterShine posted:

As someone who looked into CoC and passed Id say probably barrier of entry to new players. A 1500 card pool is cool, but loving expensive for new players

Is it worth buying in over time? Buy the base game and maybe the first expansion cycle, play a bunch, then buy the next?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My FLGS had Arkham in stock...but the guy working said that "he doesn't do invoices, so it's still packed up in a box". He apparently had already turned away another person looking for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
FFG recently switched to a strict street dating system. A lot of their stuff shows up in stores a couple days I'm advance now.