Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DirkGently
Jan 14, 2008

inSTAALed posted:

Just picked up the first 4 out of 6 APs from the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle for LotR LCG. So many new options for deckbuilding!

I typically play solo, so getting through the 2nd and 3rd quest in the core set ranged from rough to impossible. Can't wait to throw some new deck attempts together to give the new quests a shot and retry the core set quests.

Yeah, I have a pretty significant card pool (all of the big box expansions and then entire Khazad-Dum AP cycle) but I have never managed to beat Escape from Dol Guldur (core quest 3) with a solo deck. I cruised through it with 2 players but I am skeptical that it is even possible solo without a huge amount of luck -- although that hasn't stopped me from trying. Anyone have any pointers? Next time I think I will try it with a mono Spirit deck... but I suspect that it will be too hard to kill monsters (stupid Ungoliant's Spawn).

If you find some quests too difficult, you might actually want to start playing 'two handed'. This guide from Tales from the Cards will help you get started. It is a little harder to manage but I actually find it way more enjoyable than solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU