Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
This thread is now about Unmatched.

Yo, Houdini v the Genie looks wild. Maybe I should finally buy into this, but it's tough to justify 2P games since me and the SO have enough 2p games to keep us going for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

CitizenKeen posted:

Edit: HOLY poo poo, Unmatched is Star Wars Epic Duels?!?!

It is, except modernized. No more roll and move, and range is now borrowing an aspect or two from Tannhäuser. I've only played it once on TTS (with the Restoration Game's official version with the public domain characters, so no piracy here, though TTS has had other issues) and had a good time. Beyond that, I can't sell it much except "Modern Epic Duels but not Star Wars"

Watch It Played has a rules vid for the base box here.

edit: just thought of one more improvement. You know how in Epic Duels half the decks were filled with vanilla 3/2 or 2/4s or whatever? In Unmatched, virtually all cards have special abilities. Some cards are simply Versatile and can be used on Attack or Block.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 3, 2022

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

CitizenKeen posted:

Just played four games of Unmatched (3 of Volume 1, one of Volume 2).

:hfive: Happy to hear you got on well with it. Still have only played on TTS. I've got a friend who love-love-loves Epic Duels (to the point he suggests it for modern game nights) and I'm always like, "Heey, ya know, there's this game, I told you about this many times, I think you'd like it, dot dot dot." but no dice.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Yo, holy cow. I never knew there was a Star Wars version of Pirates of the Spanish Main. It's wild how good those models are, considering.